Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 552
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #161  
    Does this work in landscape for the pre 3?
  2. #162  
    Thanks for all of your hard work, this works great on my Pre2 unlocked GSM. Just would like to ask if this is possible to disable the alert sound or vibrate when bring up the VKB?
    Palm IIIe > Sony S300 > Sony N700 > Sony TG50 > Sony TH55 > Trēo 680 > Palm Prē > Palm Prē 2 (GSM) + Veer
  3. #163  
    I didn't write the patch, but all can assume that if something obvious is not working or annoying, it hasn't been fixed because he hasn't been able to find a fix for it yet or its not possible.
  4. #164  
    Installed on my pre3 and seems to work ok in portrait mode but when I turn my phone to switch to landscape mode, my phone freezes and reboot?
  5. #165  
    I have the same issue on my Pre 3. If you accidentally turn your phone at the wrong angle it all freezes up. I also noticed it was randomly freezing when typing with it.

    It works great for short things but not usable as it is for something more than a few words on the Pre 3. It is a great start because I will still use the patch a lot. It was my number one wish for the Pre 3.

    I really hope that you continue to develop this.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by fuji_lookers View Post
    Installed on my pre3 and seems to work ok in portrait mode but when I turn my phone to switch to landscape mode, my phone freezes and reboot?
    Yes, these are known issues, if you read the thread you will see that he is aware of this and is trying to figure it out.
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice748 View Post
    which file you need on Pre 3? i can get it for you
    I got them already from the webOSDoctor. The script has been updated accordingly. You can download the script and try running it on your Pre3. All who tried it reported success.

    Regards,
  8. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #168  
    Installed this on both mine and my wife's Pre-2. Works fine in portrait mode, but I can crash it every time if I start up a web browser in portrait. Bring up the keyboard and then turn the Pre-2 to landscape. Or turn to landscape and then bring up the keyboard.

    System locks up and eventually reboots.

    Is this a known issue? I installed the Lina patch first and then the .sh file - both from page 1 of this topic

    Alan
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Installed this on both mine and my wife's Pre-2. Works fine in portrait mode, but I can crash it every time if I start up a web browser in portrait. Bring up the keyboard and then turn the Pre-2 to landscape. Or turn to landscape and then bring up the keyboard.

    System locks up and eventually reboots.

    Is this a known issue? I installed the Lina patch first and then the .sh file - both from page 1 of this topic

    Alan
    The sequence of the patch and the script is just fine.

    And this issue is a known issue, which I am working on optimizing anyways.

    Regards,
  10. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    The sequence of the patch and the script is just fine.

    And this issue is a known issue, which I am working on optimizing anyways.

    Regards,
    Many thanks. It;s still very useful.

    Alan
  11. #171  
    Hello! Is it possible to disable vibrate and sound when VK is activated?
  12. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #172  
    Another request. Is it possible to have a shortcut I can put on the launcher bar to bring it up?

    Alan
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Another request. Is it possible to have a shortcut I can put on the launcher bar to bring it up?
    That's a fantastic idea, if this were implementable then we could keep the wave launcher if we wanted
  14. #174  
    I've just installed patch on my AZERTY Pre3, and vk always freezes after several key presses. I accidentaly installed luna.patch, but then I deinstall it and resintall "Enable for Pre3 patch". I've run VKB.sh from root folder.

    Output from VKB.sh:

    E:\DISTR\Devices\Pre3>"novacom" -d 445f99bb2bff5d1a0d3ea2bb7324d95dd74d3ee1 -t o
    pen tty://
    root@<MyName>HPPre3:/# VKB.sh
    VKB.sh

    Virtual Keyboard Patch v1.1.3
    -- by CvvB

    This bash shell script will patch the LunaSysMgr.
    This will help in eliminating the crashes that happen
    when using the Virtual Keyboard


    No argument was passed. Automatic mode is ON!

    Determining the patch status

    LunaSysMgr is not patched, patching it now!

    Making a backup file!

    Stopping Luna Service

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1c
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1c

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1d
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1d

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1e
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1e

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1f
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1f

    Starting Luna Service

    Removing temporary files

    ----------------
    Thanks in advance.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_pa View Post
    I've just installed patch on my AZERTY Pre3, and vk always freezes after several key presses. I accidentaly installed luna.patch, but then I deinstall it and resintall "Enable for Pre3 patch". I've run VKB.sh from root folder.

    Output from VKB.sh:

    E:\DISTR\Devices\Pre3>"novacom" -d 445f99bb2bff5d1a0d3ea2bb7324d95dd74d3ee1 -t o
    pen tty://
    root@<MyName>HPPre3:/# VKB.sh
    VKB.sh

    Virtual Keyboard Patch v1.1.3
    -- by CvvB

    This bash shell script will patch the LunaSysMgr.
    This will help in eliminating the crashes that happen
    when using the Virtual Keyboard


    No argument was passed. Automatic mode is ON!

    Determining the patch status

    LunaSysMgr is not patched, patching it now!

    Making a backup file!

    Stopping Luna Service

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1c
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1c

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1d
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1d

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1e
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1e

    Program is getting values for offset 0x00193a1f
    LunaSysMgr was patched correctly at offset 0x00193a1f

    Starting Luna Service

    Removing temporary files

    ----------------
    Thanks in advance.
    Everything seems perfect ...

    Can you run this to make sure?
    Code:
    VKB.sh -status
  16. #176  
    Output:

    ----------------------------
    VKB.sh -status

    Virtual Keyboard Patch v1.1.3
    -- by CvvB

    This bash shell script will patch the LunaSysMgr.
    This will help in eliminating the crashes that happen
    when using the Virtual Keyboard

    STATUS: LunaSysMgr is patched ... Enjoy the Virtual Keyboard
    ----------------------------

    I guess it's not very helpful. )
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_pa View Post
    Output:

    ----------------------------
    VKB.sh -status

    Virtual Keyboard Patch v1.1.3
    -- by CvvB

    This bash shell script will patch the LunaSysMgr.
    This will help in eliminating the crashes that happen
    when using the Virtual Keyboard

    STATUS: LunaSysMgr is patched ... Enjoy the Virtual Keyboard
    ----------------------------

    I guess it's not very helpful. )
    It is helpful. It means that you have the same file as most people do. Thus, we can say that there is something else that interfere here.

    Can you redo a crash then go to "/var/log/rdxd/pending" and grab the latest file and send it to me.

    Regards,
  18. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #178  
    Any closer to figuring out the landscape error?
  19. #179  
    Id love to try this patch, but as easily as the screen rotates on accident I don't want the phone to crash with the keyboard running

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  20. #180  
    Actually its not that bad. I have only had this happen a few times. And even so, when it crashes it only does a luna restart, which doesn't take too long.

    and I think it only crashes with browser and apps that can rotate open. Just type what you need to type and close vk.
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions