Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Works well on my North America Unlocked Pre 2; 2.1.0. Thank you. It is most definitely possible to bring up in landscape mode, but tilting from portrait to landscape causes a crash. I'm very happy; this keyboard utilizes autocorrect!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Takes just type to a whole new level. Its so nice not to have to slide key keyboard anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Please update for the veer.
    +1 too, please update for veer, thanks
    I love virtual keyboard, Please you spend time to fix it! where i can donate?
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimra View Post
    @ CvvB - update: after the freezing and the reset my speakers were gone, the stoped to work and not even a reset made them come back alive. I then called my Pre3 from the landline - and this debugged it - they're back alive!
    However, this was a bit a shock, and I hope you have an idea, what the cause of this could have been and can fix it. ?
    Alkthough I am sure the script has nothing to do with the speakers problem ... Mine is working perfectly so far. However, for what's worth, to uninstall the patch you can run it again. This will make it work in the Automatic mode and it will uninstall itself. If you want to be sure, you can run it like this

Code:
    VKB.sh -revert
    This will force an uninstall. Then, you can run this command to make sure that it was uninstalled correctly:

Code:
    VKB.sh -status
    Have fun,

Quote Originally Posted by jonitan17 View Post
    +1 too, please update for veer, thanks
    On its way. I am testing it currently with Mize.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    @ CvvB - thanks for your assistance - deleted all and found another app, that disturbed my speakers. VKB is back on an all working !!!
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Finally figured out how to install the VKB.sh file... when I went to run the pre3 patch, it announced I needed to download and install GNU patch and LSDiff, clicked ok to download, however it just showed connected downloading for the next 30 mins. Stopped webos qi, and detached my phone. Checked on the phone through preware, and it shows both are installed (i believe they were already installed for a previous preware item). So plug in, start up the wosqi and try to install patch again, and it still shows that they are not installed, ideas?
    *Treo 600, *Treo 650, * Treo 680, *Treo 800, Palm Pre3
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by newuser123 View Post
    Finally figured out how to install the VKB.sh file... when I went to run the pre3 patch, it announced I needed to download and install GNU patch and LSDiff, clicked ok to download, however it just showed connected downloading for the next 30 mins. Stopped webos qi, and detached my phone. Checked on the phone through preware, and it shows both are installed (i believe they were already installed for a previous preware item). So plug in, start up the wosqi and try to install patch again, and it still shows that they are not installed, ideas?
    Which version of QWOSI are you using?

Try using the latest version v4.2.3
    Latest version I'm seeing is 4.3.1 which is what I'm using. Is there a 4.3.2? (you mention 4.2.3, which I assume, would be an older version to which I'm using).
    *Treo 600, *Treo 650, * Treo 680, *Treo 800, Palm Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by adamthiede View Post
    Works well on my North America Unlocked Pre 2; 2.1.0. Thank you. It is most definitely possible to bring up in landscape mode, but tilting from portrait to landscape causes a crash. I'm very happy; this keyboard utilizes autocorrect!
    So, you wouldn't recommend using the virtual keyboard while skydiving, since all that tumbling and spinning might cause a crash...of your Pre 2...

I haven't used the Virtual Keyboard on my 1.4.5.1 VZW launch day Palm Pre+ for a while. It usually was a bit buggy. Have there been recent improvements that would improve use on the 1.x devices?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by newuser123 View Post
    Latest version I'm seeing is 4.3.1 which is what I'm using. Is there a 4.3.2? (you mention 4.2.3, which I assume, would be an older version to which I'm using).
    Ooops. I haven't been checking for the latest version. My bad.

Try removing these two from the Preware and do a restart; then try installing the patch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    So, you wouldn't recommend using the virtual keyboard while skydiving, since all that tumbling and spinning might cause a crash...of your Pre 2...

I haven't used the Virtual Keyboard on my 1.4.5.1 VZW launch day Palm Pre+ for a while. It usually was a bit buggy. Have there been recent improvements that would improve use on the 1.x devices?
    I haven't really been looking at the 1.4.5 devices as they have the great homebrew keyboard. So, I figured that there is no need.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    .....I haven't really been looking at the 1.4.5 devices as they have the great homebrew keyboard. So, I figured that there is no need.
    The Homebrew virtual keyboard for 1.x devices hasn't been great for me. It seemed to be buggy, hard to exit out of sometimes, hard to initiate...perhaps if I forced myself to use it for a set period of time, I might figure out how to operate it efficiently.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Love it! I just have to remember to not tilt my screen to much or it changes orientation.

I think the best description I read for a vk on the pre would be for it to initiate whenever in a text field is selected without the slider open, and to dismiss/not open with the slider open. Of course, this may impossible without severe changes to how it is current implemented.

Tip of my hat to the developer. Where was that donate button?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamarks View Post
    Love it! I just have to remember to not tilt my screen to much or it changes orientation.

I think the best description I read for a vk on the pre would be for it to initiate whenever in a text field is selected without the slider open, and to dismiss/not open with the slider open. Of course, this may impossible without severe changes to how it is current implemented.

Tip of my hat to the developer. Where was that donate button?
    I like it the way it is now being able to bring up the keyboard at will. The best use I have for the vk is just type and I like being able to search without having to tap the just type bar at the top.

Actually it annoys me having to tap that just type bar on the touchpad, being a bigger device. Wish there was a way to launch vk on touchpad as well.

Remember up swipe will dismiss the vk but also take you to card view, so do a side awipe instead.
  14.    #134  
    First post updated.

I would like to thank Mize for his dedication and courage in testing the script for the Veer.

The script has been updated to include the Veer now.

I have reached some painful conclusions on the root cause for the crushes while rotating the screen. It seems that we have a nasty memory-leak in the painting process for the Keyboard. Also, the dump happens when the Luna manager tries to push some registers on the stack ... Not really a good sign. This means either we have a loop that continues looping infinitely which will cause the stack to reach its critical limit or the memory leak is playing up in this.
    okay...i just executed that script on my veer and im a lil bit confused...
    It stopped at "Stopping Luna Service" and doesnt do anything...i cant turn it off or anything else....help?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    First post updated.

I would like to thank Mize for his dedication and courage in testing the script for the Veer.

The script has been updated to include the Veer now.

I have reached some painful conclusions on the root cause for the crushes while rotating the screen. It seems that we have a nasty memory-leak in the painting process for the Keyboard. Also, the dump happens when the Luna manager tries to push some registers on the stack ... Not really a good sign. This means either we have a loop that continues looping infinitely which will cause the stack to reach its critical limit or the memory leak is playing up in this.
    Awww... Does this also happen when opening the vkb in landscape mode? When I try this on my phone luna doesn't crash, but I can' type. But I am able to close the keyboard and the phone works as "good" ;-) as before...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz89 View Post
    okay...i just executed that script on my veer and im a lil bit confused...
    It stopped at "Stopping Luna Service" and doesnt do anything...i cant turn it off or anything else....help?
    Did you install the patch first?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Did you install the patch first?
    If you mean the luna.conf.patch...
    Yes i did.

Any i idea how i can my phone get back to working? :S
    Don't run the script via XTerm, it freezes when Luna tries to self-close. Run it through QuickInstall's Linux Command-line feature instead.

Memory leak doesn't sound good, do you think it's fixable CvvB?
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/07/2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Stupid Autocorrect.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz89 View Post
    If you mean the luna.conf.patch...
    Yes i did.

Any i idea how i can my phone get back to working? :S
    As alluded to above, did you run from Xterm or from novaterm?
    If you ran it from Xterm but didn't use "nohup ./VKB.sh &" (page 3 of this thread) then it will hang.

You can probably just hook up to your computer via "just charge" usb in dev mode and correct things.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    CvvB likes this.
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast