webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [PATCH] Virtual Keyboard
[PATCH] Virtual Keyboard
Like Tree49Likes

Old 10/29/2011, 02:33 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles View Post
once you can turn this into a patch and fix landscape mode ill gladly try.
Fixing the landscape mode is doable ... Putting this into Preware's Patch ... That is what I am not sure about !

As far as I understand, Preware is not capable of running scripts ... or is it?

I am thinking about possible ways of which we can basically enhance the Preware. We can have scripts in Preware where by running them with specific parameters you can simulate the exact samething that happens with PC's OS. Like "script.sh -install" or "script -uninstall" ... Even "script.sh -status" and "script.sh -repair" ... Something along the lines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
Please update for the veer.
"In the coming months" .. LOL

On a more serious note, though, can anyone with a Veer who has a techincal background PM me? I would like to conduct few tests on the Veer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimra View Post
finally I figured out what it means : send the VKB.sh - file to "/" folder AND it works on a German QWERTY

but unfortunately stability is still as poor as without the VKB.sh -file, it often just freezes.
and debugging recomended? ...pls
What output did the VKB.sh script give to you? Try running it again and screenshot the output and post it here. It should be helpful to see if it is the same thing as cipher.
CvvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2011, 02:35 PM   #102 (permalink)

@ CvvB, do you have any option to make it bigger, perhaps as big as the one on the i***touch? ...
Old 10/29/2011, 02:39 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
Which version of webOS are you using? which device (Unlocked, AT&T, or Verizon) are you using?

Can you do a simple SHA1 hash on the libWebKitLuna.so found in /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so and report that .. Also, it would be helpful if you can upload it and send the link to me so I can look at it
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
Device is a "Pre3 DE UMTS unlocked", webOS 2.2.0. SHA1:
32C0E899670C4A138549C502A277631536D172D1

I sent you the link via PM.

Thank you.
OMG!! ... I think I made a typo.

I think I was high on coffee ... Or maybe I was thinking about my Arabization patch ... This is embarrassing ...

What I meant to say is that I want the SHA1 of the "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" and if you can, I would appreciate if you can attach the same.

I am so sorry for this huge typo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimra View Post
@ CvvB, do you have any option to make it bigger, perhaps as big as the one on the i***touch? ...
I am not sure which device is "i***touch", I am trying to guess the censored word , but It is underwork as of now. I guess once we can stabilize it fully, I can look at that.

Last edited by CvvB; 10/29/2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10/29/2011, 05:46 PM   #104 (permalink)

@ CvvB thanks - this sounds GREAT! ... I just could not put those letters there/here, something in my mind stops me must be a syndrom
Old 10/29/2011, 06:02 PM   #105 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Preware isn't capable of running scripts yet, but if you have a read of this:
Auto-Update Patch Technology - WebOS Internals
Under AUPT Versions it says that binary patches (aka presumably scripts of some sort) are supported under AUPT-5, which is currently in alpha testing

Also I believe the device in question is the iPod Touch :P I totally second that, the keyboard's really hard to use on the Pre3 at the moment, a nicely-sized version would be phenomenal.
And again, thanks for your great work CvvB!
Old 10/29/2011, 08:50 PM   #106 (permalink)

This patch is great! Wrote this with my new virtual keyboard on my 2.1 pre-...
k4llle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2011, 08:57 PM   #107 (permalink)

Takes just type to a whole new level. Its so nice not to have to slide key keyboard anymore.
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2011, 09:02 PM   #108 (permalink)

not getting the purpose of the web icon though
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 02:21 AM   #109 (permalink)

Hi CvvB!I'm made this patch and its work good!One more question did it really need the patch " luna.conf.patch" on the pre3!
Thank you!
kayscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 03:02 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayscorpio View Post
Hi CvvB!I'm made this patch and its work good!One more question did it really need the patch " luna.conf.patch" on the pre3!
Thank you!
No need for the "luna.conf.patch" only the second one for the Pre 3!

Regards,
Old 10/30/2011, 03:05 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
I am so sorry for this huge typo!

Donīt mind.

Here it comes:
SHA1: B53F45CECF00C9520545055D7AF0AB3A9548A911
cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 03:13 AM   #112 (permalink)

I will work on it once I am home.

However, you can try this if you want:
Stop Luna: initctl stop LunaSysMgr
Extract the LunaSysMgr from the webOS Doctor. You can see link it in the wiki.
Send the LunaSysMgr from the webOS Doctor to your phone to overwrite the existant one
Start Luna: initctl start LunaSysMgr

Or you can wait for the updated one

Thanks,
Old 10/30/2011, 03:19 AM   #113 (permalink)

thanks for your work on this CvvB. I missed having the VKB available when I meta-doctored my Pre+ to 2.1, and continued missing it when I got my Pre3. I love having a real keyboard when typing a long e-mail or text, but it seems silly to have to slide open the phone just to type a word or two.

I know there are some bugs and limitations, but so far this works well for my purposes. The alert sound when opening the VKB is annoying, but livable.

One usage note: if you're typing numbers/symbols, you should ensure that you return the keyboard to alpha mode before dismissing it. otherwise when you bring it up again the keyboard will think it's typing letters, but the OS will see numbers/symbols. the remedy if you do get in the sitation is to put the keyboard back in number mode and then dismiss it again. this will get the keyboard and OS back in sync.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 01:24 PM   #114 (permalink)

This will be perfect when you fix landscape. And enhance the size patch wise we can weight on that. Keep the good work up.
giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 04:14 PM   #115 (permalink)

First post updated with the newer patch to include the few reported cases for a Pre3 with a different LunaSysMgr. I used the file provided by cipher.

Please, whomever is concerned, test and report back the outcomes.

Note:
It is important to read the output of the script. Please, report the exact output of the script or a screenshot to be able to identify the problem much easier and quicker.
Thanked By: cipher
Old 10/30/2011, 05:06 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Note:
It is important to read the output of the script. Please, report the exact output of the script or a screenshot to be able to identify the problem much easier and quicker.
And if you dare to use the nohup way of installing, the file "nohup.out" contains the output. But, please, don't, use novaterm to install the script
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2011, 09:13 PM   #117 (permalink)

Works great on my Pre 3! I would love to see landscape mode enabled and the altert sound for the keyboard disabled or a toggle for but it's great so far.

I don't really mind if it is made into a patch or not as it's simple enough to install as-is.
cbosdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2011, 08:03 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
First post updated with the newer patch to include the few reported cases for a Pre3 with a different LunaSysMgr.
Works like a charm .
cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2011, 08:04 PM   #119 (permalink)

@ CvvB - thanks again! tryed the new vkb.sh on my german Pre3 - it's much more stable!!! ...
errors: wenn double klicking the up-arrow, I could not revert to small letters anymore, even they would show up...they would not come out as small letters (as I wanted to change back to small letters after using the big ones).
freeze: after that I clicked on "Sym" and it freezes all up, had to reset device.

keep doing what you're doing, you're on the right path ;-)

I do not know how to view or export any of those asked for files - sorry
Old 11/01/2011, 05:03 AM   #120 (permalink)

@ CvvB - update: after the freezing and the reset my speakers were gone, the stoped to work and not even a reset made them come back alive. I then called my Pre3 from the landline - and this debugged it - they're back alive!
However, this was a bit a shock, and I hope you have an idea, what the cause of this could have been and can fix it. ?

Last edited by nimra; 11/01/2011 at 05:27 AM.
nimra is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0