Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 552
Like Tree50Likes
  1. sejgiul's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #41  
    PM'd


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    What about the donation link? You have done what we have been told was impossible.
    2nd that
  3. sejgiul's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #43  
    Keyboard size Pre 3:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
  4. #44  
    I too would like to see an alternate launch method, I use the wave bar more than I would use a virtual keyboard. Maybe an option to enable/disable the patch-that way I could turn it on when needed, but use the wave bar the rest of the time.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    What about the donation link? You have done what we have been told was impossible.
    I consider myself achieving something when it is stable in every possible scenario.

    Quote Originally Posted by lu1gj3s View Post
    Keyboard size Pre 3:
    That seems fine accroding to the measuerment on Pre2/+. Of course, if you put these measuerment on a higher resolution you can see the consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I too would like to see an alternate launch method, I use the wave bar more than I would use a virtual keyboard. Maybe an option to enable/disable the patch-that way I could turn it on when needed, but use the wave bar the rest of the time.
    I need to see if it is easy to do so. I can see from the LunaSysMgr that they have fixed gestuers and they map each to some functionality depending on the settings.
  6.    #46  
    Sorry to double post.

    First post updated with the newest version of the script which adds support for webOS 2.2.0/2.2.3!

    Enjoy.
  7. sejgiul's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #47  
    The alternate method to enable the Virtual Keyboard in webOS is to edit the luna-platform.conf file in etc/palm/

    There you will be able to set the virtualkeyboard to true instead of false.

    So, copy the file from etc/palm to media/internal, edit it and copy it back. A luna restart will be required for it to work.
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by lu1gj3s View Post
    The alternate method to enable the Virtual Keyboard in webOS is to edit the luna-platform.conf file in etc/palm/

    There you will be able to set the virtualkeyboard to true instead of false.

    So, copy the file from etc/palm to media/internal, edit it and copy it back. A luna restart will be required for it to work.
    Not luna.conf?
  9. sejgiul's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    #49  
    Nope, no need to alter luna.conf :-)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by lu1gj3s View Post
    Nope, no need to alter luna.conf :-)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks.

    First post updated with the a new patch file I created to activate the VKB.
  11. #51  
    Got this working now many thanks to CvvB for his help, this guy got the patience of a saint.
  12. #52  
    Just installed successfully, hats off to you sir! Apologies for the slow response, I went to bed after I PMed you. I'll definately sling a donation your way when you're ready for one

    By the way, it might be worth adding a warning not to try installing it with XTerm. I failed to read the instructions in my excitement and had to do a battery pull after the phone locked up on me :P

    EDIT: It doesn't seem to work properly in landscape or upside-down. None of the keys actually register touches, it just acts like you're interacting with whatever's behind it. The gesture area seems to be mapped to the top row of keys too, very weird.
    Though on the upside it scales perfectly in landscape

    Double Edit:
    The alt/shift keys seem to be misbehaving too, you have to double-tap them to get a single alt/caps character and single tap to lock them, which is the reverse of the hardware keyboard.
    Also the alt/shift+drag to move the cursor/select doesn't work, it just engages pinch-zoom. That'd probably require some serious hacking to change though, so meh :P
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 10/27/2011 at 11:55 AM.
  13. Grigoriy_m's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #53  
    Sorry, but correct me if I wrong: For WebOs 2.2.3 I need only Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch? Or ferst i need to install Luna.conf and after - Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grigoriy_m View Post
    Sorry, but correct me if I wrong: For WebOs 2.2.3 I need only Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch? Or ferst i need to install Luna.conf and after - Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch
    The "Luna.conf" one is for pre2, the pre3.patch is for pre. Apply the patch first, then run the script
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    zclash likes this.
  15. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    By the way, it might be worth adding a warning not to try installing it with XTerm.
    Thanks for this. Been busy all day and haven't had a chance to install and had planned on doing it all with Xterm!
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  16. #56  
    You Can install it with xterm with:

    nohup ./VKB.sh &

    This way it will run as a unmanned process that won't die when the script kills Luna


    In other words, it works in xterm
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    CvvB and PrettyMuchPre like this.
  17. Grigoriy_m's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You Can install it with xterm with:

    nohup ./VKB.sh &

    This way it will run as a unmanned process that won't die when the script kills Luna


    In other words, it works in xterm
    Any other way to install script?
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grigoriy_m View Post
    Any other way to install script?
    Open up QWOSI, goto Tools -> Linux CommandLine

    A commandline will popup, send the script to any directory ... "/" for example. Then, in the commandline execute the script.
  19. Mize's Avatar
    Posts
    929 Posts
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    #59  
    Qwosi ?
    wosqi ?

    Why is it changing my all caps to lowercase?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Qwosi ?
    wosqi ?

    Why is it changing my all caps to lowercase?
    LOL

    Dman it ... sorry WOSQI!
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions