Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728
Like Tree50Likes
    btw your touchstone for your pre3, have you reshaped/filed it to fit the pre3 better or is it the boggo standard shape which doesnt grip the pre3 very well, and often due to that has the ping-pong charging problem?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Oh, its a pre3. I heard they have problems with Touchstone so a new back may not be the solution
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Oh, its a pre3. I heard they have problems with Touchstone so a new back may not be the solution
    i saw him mention "a previous pre3" and assumed this was pre3 related, IF it is and its a touchstone issue then i think these 2 threads will be deffo worth reading through, if its as simple as the "usual" puck/pre3 problem.

Touchstone fix for HP Pre 3
    make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better

i think there was another large thread somewhere on modding the pre3 for home/car use kicking around, cant find them atm tho.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    This is fabulous, thank you!

It took a little re-reading to figure out how to get it working with the Veer (2.1.2), but it works flawlessly as far as I can see. If anyone would like me to configure a straight-forward guide for Veer users, it'd be my pleasure.

Sincerely,
    ~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    This is fabulous, thank you!

It took a little re-reading to figure out how to get it working with the Veer (2.1.2), but it works flawlessly as far as I can see. If anyone would like me to configure a straight-forward guide for Veer users, it'd be my pleasure.

Sincerely,
    ~Ted
    That'd be great, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Go to Quick webOS Install, goto Tools "I think" -> Linux CommandLine

Now, navigate to the folder you have placed the VKB.sh in, execute it there!
    Ok I downloaded the two patches and installed them via webosQI, now I just need to run that command, if someone would be so kind as to tell me how this works cos I'm not entirely clear

This is the folder where I put the SH file

What do I write on that command line exactly?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Type VKB.sh then press enter
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Type VKB.sh then press enter
    I meant how do I navigate to the correct folder HP PRE3 / DOWNLOADS / VKB
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    I think no need to navigate to the file from the command line, just type VKB.sh and press enter. Before that you were supposed to use the "send file" tool in webos quick install, navigate to the file and then for the destination type"/"

Without the quotes of course

edit: and assuming you already have the luna.config properly installed
    Last edited by laingman; 09/05/2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjaypalm View Post
    I tried...but its showing

VKB.sh
    /bin/sh: VKB.sh: not found
    root@Jerry's PALM PRE+:/#
    root@Jerry's PALM PRE+:/#
    I moved it to the root because I can't navigate to the correct folder (just in case it needed navigating there), but it's giving me the same 'not found' error, the VKB.sh file in in the media/internal partition, basically the root that you see when you plug the phone via USB.
    you can navigate to a folder with the cd [folder name] command.
    most likely you copied it somewhere on the phone usb partition, which is locate @ /media/internal.

Just do ls to see where you at in terminal but most likely you're not where you think you are.
    Do
    cd /media/internal
    , which is what you call root I guess and do
    ls
    if you see the VKB.sh you found it and proceed from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Do
    cd /media/internal
    , which is what you call root
    This actually did the trick, I remember the cd command from the dos era but I was confused on where the 'root' was. I'm using the virtual keyboard v. 1.1.4 and it seems to work great!

Bit of a shame about the sound every time the keyboard pops up, there was the mamouton patch which used to disable these silly noises and worked like a charm, can't see why, with system sounds turned off, this phone keeps making noises lol
    Last edited by crowning73; 09/06/2014 at 01:24 PM.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728