Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Is that rotation patch available for Pre 3? I don't see it listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Is that rotation patch available for Pre 3? I don't see it listed.
    I think it was by a Chinese dev & ipk only - search the threads & use WOSQI.

Someone else may correct me here as I never actually tried it.
    ananimus likes this.
    Ah, xwTweak! Yeah, it's an app that disables the accelerometer at the device level, not just a patch. Hmm...
    Search for xwtweak global accelerometer patch
    Beat me to it! Xwtweak works great on my Pre3. I couple that with New Device Menu too. It's out there on a github. http://www.webosnation.com/garrett92...os-device-menu
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    During the installation, I get this error:
    # sh VKB.sh
    : not founde 9:
    : not founde 33:
    : not founde 35:
    : not founde 49:
    : not founde 61:
    : not founde 65:
    : not founde 67:
    hexdump: invalid number '-n'
    VKB.sh: return: line: 69: Illegal number: 0
    quick question (apologies for not reading all 27 pages): is there a way to exterminate the annoying alarm when you swip up to Display the Keyboard

thx Luise
    successfully installing the patch. only the keyboard looks very rarely see. anyone know why? even making the gesture repeatedly not miss.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    successfully installing the patch. only the keyboard looks very rarely see. anyone know why? even making the gesture repeatedly not miss.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

What gesture are you using? Starting from the gesture area, slide your finger upwards while maintaining contact with the screen and it should not fail.
    joshua764 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    What gesture are you using? Starting from the gesture area, slide your finger upwards while maintaining contact with the screen and it should not fail.
    do just that gesture. Slide finger slowly up but still get out the keyboard. there any way to run without using VkB.sh pc?

Its work. Thanks. Gracias amigo.

Enviado desde mi pre2 usando forums
    Last edited by joshua764; 05/27/2014 at 06:54 AM.
    Is there anyway to increase the size of the Keyboard?
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Is there a way to disable this anoying system sound upon opening the Keyboard?

Hope this hasnt been asked before.

Best Joerg
    Yes, it's been asked. No, it's not possible. Hit the mute switch before you enable it or turn down the media volume or delete the notification sound from your system...
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Forgive for not going through all 27 pages. I'm curious as to whether there is a current version of this virtual keyboard? I admit there are one or two occasions that it would come in handy, like when it's in a case that blocks the keyboard, or in a car's phone holder.

I've been enjoying the Quick Install lol,. I've loaded all of the patches and now I'm going through the applications to play with. Thanks for writing all of these, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    Forgive for not going through all 27 pages. I'm curious as to whether there is a current version of this virtual keyboard? I admit there are one or two occasions that it would come in handy, like when it's in a case that blocks the keyboard, or in a car's phone holder.

I've been enjoying the Quick Install lol,. I've loaded all of the patches and now I'm going through the applications to play with. Thanks for writing all of these, guys.
    Yes, the patch should still work

I wouldn't use anything other than a touchstone in a car!
    I take the puck with me even in rental cars.
    Just make sure to put the puck in the shade and keep the phone's slider open if you can shade it in the summer or in the sun belt - that will run down your battery health down the drain and eventually overheat your phone.
    It can stick to almost any somewhat flat service just remember to clean at least the touchstone back with rubbing alcohol or some strong liquor/spirit over 80 proof that you have sitting in the cabinet. It does wonders for the stickiness of the touchstone back. If you can clear the dashboard of the car even better(without being pulled over for drinking preferably )
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    I wouldn't use anything other than a touchstone in a car!
    I take the puck with me even in rental cars.
    Just make sure to put the puck in the shade and keep the phone's slider open if you can shade it in the summer or in the sun belt - that will run down your battery health down the drain and eventually overheat your phone.
    It can stick to almost any somewhat flat service just remember to clean at least the touchstone back with rubbing alcohol or some strong liquor/spirit over 80 proof that you have sitting in the cabinet. It does wonders for the stickiness of the touchstone back. If you can clear the dashboard of the car even better(without being pulled over for drinking preferably )
    Well it does so happen that I have a couple of extra touchstones, on account of the fact that I was trying to order extra cables and wound up ordering the wrong items. I just never thought of doing that. However, I must say that I live in Texas and sun and heat will always be a factor. With the holder stuck on my windshield, I don't have to worry about the sun killing it. And, I don't have to look down to fiddle with the phone. I have it positioned mere inches from my right hand. And, I would more than likely neglect to move the touchstone out of the sun when getting out of the car.
    Last edited by mpcollins; 06/30/2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Added to post
    Well it does so happen that I have a couple of extra touchstones, on account of the fact that I was trying to order extra cables and wound up ordering the wrong items. I just never thought of doing that. However, I must say that I live in Texas and sun and heat will always be a factor. With the holder stuck on my windshield, I don't have to worry about the sun killing it. And, I don't have to look down to fiddle with the phone. I have it positioned mere inches from my right hand. And, I would more than likely neglect to move the touchstone out of the sun when getting out of the car.
    Hey, I have a question for you regarding your touchstone. Do you by chance 1) have Skinomi or another such skin on your phone and 2) have you had problems with charging it? I've but a skin on the phone a few days ago and every since then, I've had problems with charging it. It will keep trying to establish a charge; it will say 'charging battery' over and over no matter where I move the phone, until I find that sweet spot and it connects. Two nights ago, I had to take the cable out of the touchstone and plug it directly into the phone. I tried swapping the stone with another one and had the same result. I had just changed out my 2-part plug with the other kind, so I was thinking it might be that. Now it's doing it here at work.on a completely different touchstone. I'm thinking that I might have to take the skin off to have it work properly again.
    So this skin covers the back of the phone too? I suppose not, in that case order a new touchstone back for a couple bucks, that should solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So this skin covers the back of the phone too? I suppose not, in that case order a new touchstone back for a couple bucks, that should solve the problem.
    Yes, I had thought of getting a new one, and I'd then have to keep it un-skinned. I just thought it was kind of interesting that it was happening. I had a skin on my previous Pre 3, slightly thicker, but I didn't have a touchstone then. I do know that the stone works, since it does connect some of the time; this morning I put the phone on the one here at work and it connected immediately.

I just looked at the back of the phone and noticed that there an inspection sticker on it. Who knows, that might be causing a problem with the connection. I'll replug in my stone at home and see if that helps. If not, I'll either cut all of the skin off of the back around the magnet or just get a new back all together.

Thanks...
    Last edited by mpcollins; 07/10/2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: corrected sentences