Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Slightly offtopic but since we now have the settings from the WindsorNot on GitHub I wonder if we could use that for Luna and/or the virtual keyboard...
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Slightly offtopic but since we now have the settings from the WindsorNot on GitHub I wonder if we could use that for Luna and/or the virtual keyboard...
    It still needs webOS 3.x, as far as I know, much like LunaCE.
  3.    #483  
    Does anyone have the LunaSysMgr source code released by HPalm a while ago? I remember there was source code for the whole webOS 2.x, where I used to reverse engineer the libWebKit; however, I cannot see any of it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Still being considered with nothing promising, yet.

Great idea; however, the 'sound' issue being mentioned in the thread is regarding the activation sound. And the answer would be "no, not now, at least" to both.
    OK - copy that!

Please update if you do find time and wherewithall to add the key-click-sounds anyway!

Thanks again..

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    What you have to think about is to develop a different keyboard to this. Palm or HP never enabled him to devices because it is not stable. I've never managed to make it stable, nor with Pre2, Pre3 or with. That was better keyboard that was developed for the Palm Pre. Think like that one better.
    Quote Originally Posted by despinova View Post
    What you have to think about is to develop a different keyboard to this. Palm or HP never enabled him to devices because it is not stable. I've never managed to make it stable, nor with Pre2, Pre3 or with. That was better keyboard that was developed for the Palm Pre. Think like that one better.
    It been a long time since I used the 1X homebrew keyboard. While it was a great job building form scratch the stock one is much better if it could stabilized.

I think there the homebrew keyboard had a few extra steps while the stock one works more like the real keyboard and is very useful for just type and short messages. But I would not be using either one for long compositions.

Luckily we have some dedicated folks trying to figure out what causing the crashes
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0gvn View Post
    which file you need on Pre 3? i can get it for you
    which file you need on Pre 3? i can get it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    It been a long time since I used the 1X homebrew keyboard. While it was a great job building form scratch the stock one is much better if it could stabilized.

I think there the homebrew keyboard had a few extra steps while the stock one works more like the real keyboard and is very useful for just type and short messages. But I would not be using either one for long compositions.

Luckily we have some dedicated folks trying to figure out what causing the crashes
    He's right, and it's a great job. Meanwhile, we have to wait ...
    Actually, I never bothered to install that sh file so it was really flunky but now that I did I have to admit that it's actually a really good keyboard! Of course, it looks really odd but it actually registers every letter I hit! No typos so far and that's really good given the small size of the keyboard. You can type pretty fast on it.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Actually, I never bothered to install that sh file so it was really flunky but now that I did I have to admit that it's actually a really good keyboard! Of course, it looks really odd but it actually registers every letter I hit! No typos so far and that's really good given the small size of the keyboard. You can type pretty fast on it.

Worth 'bothering' sometimes then - isn't it!

Roll on the 'Audio-clicks', I say.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Hello guys, I just found out about this patch (seriously)! It looks great!!
    The thing is that, to execute the VKB.sh shell script it's needed to connect the Veer on "just charge" mode and use the WOSQI command line to do so. BUT, my Veer came with a defect on the magnetic charging port and the only way for me to charge it is through the touchstone. Therefor it cannot be recognized at all (usb nor just charge). So I will be unable to execute the VKB.sh file on my Veer.
    Question/Plead: Is there any way to do it without connecting the phone to the computer? Is there a way to execute it within the phone (like the patch with Internalz)? Any suggestions!!!

Thank you in advance for your responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Does anyone have the LunaSysMgr source code released by HPalm a while ago? I remember there was source code for the whole webOS 2.x, where I used to reverse engineer the libWebKit; however, I cannot see any of it now.
    For real?

Did someone accidentally release it?

Because the usual stuff was always on "opensource.palm.com", and there's several dozen snapshots of that on archive.org. Did the source appear on there, or did they release lunasysmgr elsewhere?

If we will manage to find it somewhere, somehow, we may have a chance of fixing the browser spellcheck bug, where the underlined words do not respond to user taps. I've been working on that bug and pretty much hit a dead end, because the problem is inside Luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    For real?

Because the usual stuff was always on "opensource.palm.com", and there's several dozen snapshots of that on archive.org. Did the source appear on there, or did they release lunasysmgr elsewhere?

If we will manage to find it somewhere, somehow, we may have a chance of fixing the browser spellcheck bug, where the underlined words do not respond to user taps. I've been working on that bug and pretty much hit a dead end, because the problem is inside Luna.
    Shouldn't have. I assume the opensource.palm.com stuff is what is meant.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  14.    #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Hello guys, I just found out about this patch (seriously)! It looks great!!
    The thing is that, to execute the VKB.sh shell script it's needed to connect the Veer on "just charge" mode and use the WOSQI command line to do so. BUT, my Veer came with a defect on the magnetic charging port and the only way for me to charge it is through the touchstone. Therefor it cannot be recognized at all (usb nor just charge). So I will be unable to execute the VKB.sh file on my Veer.
    Question/Plead: Is there any way to do it without connecting the phone to the computer? Is there a way to execute it within the phone (like the patch with Internalz)? Any suggestions!!!

Thank you in advance for your responses.
    You can send the VKB.sh to your device and you can run the script throw any terminal on the device by using the command nohup so it stays running in the background while luna restarts. Anyone can correct me on this.

For real?

I meant the opensource.palm.com; it has bits from Luna released, which I have used while dis-assembling the LunaSysMgr

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Shouldn't have. I assume the opensource.palm.com stuff is what is meant.
    Yup, that's correct.
    I was able to deactivate the sound by adding a "silent.wav" file which contains -- you guessed it -- silence to my ringtones folder. I then installed Michael Pule's "My Notification" app. Finally, I selected silence as my notification sound in the app.

Note that it will also disable other system notification sounds.
    Last edited by ederic; 07/28/2013 at 04:24 AM.
    que tal amigo soy pero novato muy novato abro linux comandoline y escribo vkb.sh y no pasa nada que debo de hacer que necesito hacer para tener el teclado virtual en webos 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by luckvillatoro View Post
    que tal amigo soy pero novato muy novato abro linux comandoline y escribo vkb.sh y no pasa nada que debo de hacer que necesito hacer para tener el teclado virtual en webos 2.1
    Google translate:

but friend I'm a newbie linux open vkb.sh command line and write and nothing happens what should I do, I need to do to have the virtual keyboard webos 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    got it... just for others with a pre2 and 2.2.4

run luna.conf.patch... restart luna (yes I know it says for webos <= 2.1.0 on the OP)

put VKB.sh in slash (take the latest .zip file and unzip it),
    make sure your have write permission on /
    run:
    nohup sh ./VKB.sh &

do another luna restart just for yuks...
    sweep sloooooowly up from the gesture area into the main screen, the virtual keyboard should appear...

Ultimately, I don't know what made it work on my machine. I used InternalZ Pro to load the patch. The time it finally worked, it asked me to do a luna restart (like preware does after most patches). During none of my earlier failed attempts had I seen this message, but then I was using WOSQI. There is no reason to use "Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch"
    running luna.conf.patch from internalz made VKB work on my veer v.2.1.2 ! Great post mtiberio
    Google translate:
    instala primero el parche, luego te vas a la linea de comandos y ejecutas el VBK.sh
    el parche depende de la version de webOS que tengas

translate
    firtst installed patcht, then you go to the command line and run the VBK.sh
    patch depends on the version of webOS you have
    Confirmed..
    "..For Veer, first install the 'luna.conf' patch, then go to the command line and run the correct 'VBK.sh'
    patch ~ depending upon which version of webOS you have installed.."

Nice! Now, the 'icing' on the VKB 'cake' would be to also enable audio 'clicks' for Pre3 & Veer key presses ~ is this possible?