Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 552
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #461  
    did you ever get the landscape working?
  2. #462  
    I believe he said that getting landscape not to crash would be a major project, if not impossible.

    Perhaps someone with the time and talents could help him out.

    I really like this keyboard, works way better than all the third party solutions out there. Very nice for just type especially making calls.
  3. icepearl's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #463  
    why i cannot install pre3 patch? always failed, both using WOSQI or internalz
    but i manage to install luna.conf patch (unstable, occasionaly freeze)
    i'm using pre 2 (model P102UEU, hardware version A, os 2.2.4)

    superb work
  4. icepearl's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by icepearl View Post
    why i cannot install pre3 patch? always failed, both using WOSQI or internalz
    but i manage to install luna.conf patch (unstable, occasionaly freeze)
    i'm using pre 2 (model P102UEU, hardware version A, os 2.2.4)

    superb work
    nevermind.
    i install version 1.4 and patch using luna.conf (not pre3 patch) and...
    everythings normal no freeze and pulling battery out. dunno why, doesn't matter at all, i'm a happy camper

    thank you CvvB
  5. #465  
    It's now running on my Veer with webOS 2.2.4

    Installed Veer-specific v1.1.5 and luna.conf.patch, as Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch didn't work for me.

    Now, my only problem is the sound. Will try roughty's solution.
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by ederic View Post
    It's now running on my Veer with webOS 2.2.4

    Installed Veer-specific v1.1.5 and luna.conf.patch, as Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch didn't work for me.

    Now, my only problem is the sound. Will try roughty's solution.
    I kinda like the sound in case I activated it by mistake especially with the landscape problem
  7. #467  
    hi all, i'm a newbie here, i would like to install a virtual keyboard on my HP Pre3, any detail instructions to do it? Replies are very much appreciated. Thank you very much !!!
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeowjinghui View Post
    hi all, i'm a newbie here, i would like to install a virtual keyboard on my HP Pre3, any detail instructions to do it? Replies are very much appreciated. Thank you very much !!!
    There is an app you could purchase for under two pounds.
  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeowjinghui View Post
    hi all, i'm a newbie here, i would like to install a virtual keyboard on my HP Pre3, any detail instructions to do it? Replies are very much appreciated. Thank you very much !!!
    Read post 1.
  10. #470  
    having trouble getting this installed on my pre3 at&t 2.2.4, i get a message that the vkb.sh is installed but when i run the pre3 enable keyboard patch, it cant find the vkb

    has anyone got it too work on pre3 at&t 2.2.4? what version vkb.sh did you use?
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    having trouble getting this installed on my pre3 at&t 2.2.4, i get a message that the vkb.sh is installed but when i run the pre3 enable keyboard patch, it cant find the vkb

    has anyone got it too work on pre3 at&t 2.2.4? what version vkb.sh did you use?
    Try it the other way around. Install the luna.config patch and check to see that it works with a swipe up from the bottom similar to the bringing up the wave launcher. If the keyboard appears then run the vkb.sh to stabilize it
  12. #472  
    when i run luna.conf.patch or the pre3.patch i get these message

    luna.conf.patch: line 1 thru 10] not found


    same with pre3.patch


    wonder if i need to doctor the phone


    update: got it working. i ended up manually editing the luna-platform.conf file to set the enable virtual keyboard to true. dont know why the pre3 patch kept giving me a not found message.


    update 2: since i got my at&t pre 3 2.2.4 keyboard set u, i thought i might have an easier time setting up my at&t veer 2.1.2, same problem. when i run the luna or the pre3 patch, it comes up with a bunch of lines not found message. i ended up manually edititng the luna-platform.conf file to include the enable virtual keyboard and setting it to true.

    i wonder why my phones are not able to enable the virtual keyboard with the instruction from the first post. could it be because my phones are unlocked and running on t-mobile. both phones were activated using my t-mobile sim.

    i do like the virtual keyboards. its not great but it is better than not having it and it is usable as it saves me from opening the slider if i want to do a short quick text or a search. the virtual keyboard looks much better on the smaller veer than on the pre3.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 02/24/2013 at 08:50 PM.
  13. #473  
    Hello,

    works great on a HP Veer.

    Thanks very much for the hard work.

    Just one Question: Is it possible to add different language layouts (i.e. russian/hebrew etc.)?!
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveta Groer View Post
    Hello,

    works great on a HP Veer.

    Thanks very much for the hard work.

    Just one Question: Is it possible to add different language layouts (i.e. russian/hebrew etc.)?!
    The keyboard is part of LunaSysMgr, if you wish to recompile the LunaSysMgr from WOCE and make it work on Veer then yes you can switch it to any keyboard layout you wish....
  15.    #475  
    Hey,

    With the little time I have on my hand, I wish to debug this even further. I am thinking about fixing the bug more professionally and see if we can fix orientation issues. Also, considering porting the LunaSysMgr from webOS 3.x, didn't look much into it, yet.

    Any thoughts or ideas?
    MAMISHO likes this.
  16.    #476  
    So, I will use this as a thinking pad to sketch and analyze.

    Firstly, I reproduced a crash by rotating the phone, holding it there, then rotating it back, finally I rotated it again.
    The crash has the following trace:
    Code:
    Cmd: LunaSysMgr
    CmdLine: /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s
    Pid: 19152
    CrashedThread: 19152
    Signal: 11
    SignalSource: kernel-generated
    FaultAddress: 0x7e55df84
    minicore3:
    Process /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr (19152) received SIGSEGV(11).
        r0 30687068
        r1 7e55e2f8
        r2 0026dbc0
        r3 7e55e2e8
        r4 7e55e260
        r5 2bd045e0
        r6 00000004
        r7 30d3cd30
        r8 7e55e2f8
        r9 7e55e1e8
       r10 7e55e2e8
        fp 7e55e1e8
        ip 00000000
        sp 7e55df60
        lr 2bd07714(221714) in /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1/QRasterPaintEngine::drawPixmap(QRectF const&, QPixmap const&, QRectF const&) ()
        pc 2bd04600(21e600) in /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1/QRasterPaintEngine::drawImage(QRectF const&, QImage const&, QRectF const&, QFlags<Qt::ImageConversionFlag>) ()
      cpsr 20000010
    Dumping thread LunaSysMgr (19152)
    #00  pc 2bd04600(21e600) in /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1/QRasterPaintEngine::drawImage(QRectF const&, QImage const&, QRectF const&, QFlags<Qt::ImageConversionFlag>) ()
    dump#01  lr 2bd07714  /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1
  17. #477  
    So from the code above it looks like it faulted in drawing the keyboard, but the fault was invoked by the kernel, not just LunaSysMgr...

    I think it is trying to draw while in rotation, it should pause, wait for full switch then re-draw, if you found the assembly code location in the LunaSysMgr, we might be able to set a debug point and walk thru the code finding the point where it crashes... (depends if one can get the on device compiler to work on the phone you are using, I have heard someone did on the Pixi, but that was webOS 1.4.5). I compile (cross) on a MAC so that would not help.
  18.    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    So from the code above it looks like it faulted in drawing the keyboard, but the fault was invoked by the kernel, not just LunaSysMgr...

    I think it is trying to draw while in rotation, it should pause, wait for full switch then re-draw, if you found the assembly code location in the LunaSysMgr, we might be able to set a debug point and walk thru the code finding the point where it crashes... (depends if one can get the on device compiler to work on the phone you are using, I have heard someone did on the Pixi, but that was webOS 1.4.5). I compile (cross) on a MAC so that would not help.
    The kernel crashed because it is a sigfault 11. It is still dumping in the LunaSysMgr.

    I think it runs out of memory. If you go to the original thread that I started, I am removing something from the code to stabilize the code, and what I removing is a loop that deletes some objects. My theory is that when you rotate, same thing happen but it creates objects without stopping and it run out of memory eventually.

    I am trying to get the address at which it crashes in LunaSysMgr; the problem is that it is calling a function in libQtGui.so.4.6.1, therefore, it is hard to get the specific address it branches at in LunaSysMgr. I will see if I can get a full stack dump, though I doubt it in ARM environment.

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I think it is trying to draw while in rotation, it should pause, wait for full switch then re-draw.
    I had the same thought back when I did this debugging first. I thought what if it moves the keyboard one pixel down and creates a thread to redraw and another one and again redraw; this would definitly overload the whole thing and cause a SIGSEGV.
    *
    Last edited by CvvB; 04/28/2013 at 12:02 PM.
    MAMISHO likes this.
  19. #479  
    VKB activated and patched nicely on Pre3 - thanks guys!
    How is that 'lLandscape' mode progressing?

    There are a couple of posts here regarding 'sound' - but I am unclear as to whether I can activate
    a 'click' as I tap per key?
    Is this possible?
    I find that is a great help, as in the TP VKB, in easily ascertaining how many letters I have just typed - especially as on such a small KB as this, one's finger is usually obscuring much of what is actually occurring there!

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/29/2013 at 01:56 PM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
  20.    #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    How is that 'lLandscape' mode progressing?
    Still being considered with nothing promising, yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    There are a couple of posts here regarding 'sound' - but I am unclear as to whether I can activate
    a 'click' as I tap per key?
    Great idea; however, the 'sound' issue being mentioned in the thread is regarding the activation sound. And the answer would be "no, not now, at least" to both.

Posting Permissions