webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [PATCH] Virtual Keyboard
[PATCH] Virtual Keyboard
Like Tree50Likes

Old 01/22/2013, 02:49 PM   #461 (permalink)

did you ever get the landscape working?
Tyh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2013, 05:01 PM   #462 (permalink)

I believe he said that getting landscape not to crash would be a major project, if not impossible.

Perhaps someone with the time and talents could help him out.

I really like this keyboard, works way better than all the third party solutions out there. Very nice for just type especially making calls.
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 01:28 AM   #463 (permalink)

why i cannot install pre3 patch? always failed, both using WOSQI or internalz
but i manage to install luna.conf patch (unstable, occasionaly freeze)
i'm using pre 2 (model P102UEU, hardware version A, os 2.2.4)

superb work
icepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2013, 06:41 AM   #464 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepearl View Post
why i cannot install pre3 patch? always failed, both using WOSQI or internalz
but i manage to install luna.conf patch (unstable, occasionaly freeze)
i'm using pre 2 (model P102UEU, hardware version A, os 2.2.4)

superb work
nevermind.
i install version 1.4 and patch using luna.conf (not pre3 patch) and...
everythings normal no freeze and pulling battery out. dunno why, doesn't matter at all, i'm a happy camper

thank you CvvB
icepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 10:06 AM   #465 (permalink)

It's now running on my Veer with webOS 2.2.4

Installed Veer-specific v1.1.5 and luna.conf.patch, as Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch didn't work for me.

Now, my only problem is the sound. Will try roughty's solution.
Old 02/14/2013, 03:48 PM   #466 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ederic View Post
It's now running on my Veer with webOS 2.2.4

Installed Veer-specific v1.1.5 and luna.conf.patch, as Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch didn't work for me.

Now, my only problem is the sound. Will try roughty's solution.
I kinda like the sound in case I activated it by mistake especially with the landscape problem
Old 02/20/2013, 11:25 PM   #467 (permalink)

hi all, i'm a newbie here, i would like to install a virtual keyboard on my HP Pre3, any detail instructions to do it? Replies are very much appreciated. Thank you very much !!!
yeowjinghui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 03:33 AM   #468 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeowjinghui View Post
hi all, i'm a newbie here, i would like to install a virtual keyboard on my HP Pre3, any detail instructions to do it? Replies are very much appreciated. Thank you very much !!!
There is an app you could purchase for under two pounds.
Paulscarbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 07:50 AM   #469 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeowjinghui View Post
Read post 1.
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 05:16 AM   #470 (permalink)

having trouble getting this installed on my pre3 at&t 2.2.4, i get a message that the vkb.sh is installed but when i run the pre3 enable keyboard patch, it cant find the vkb

has anyone got it too work on pre3 at&t 2.2.4? what version vkb.sh did you use?
c_legaspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 05:28 AM   #471 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
having trouble getting this installed on my pre3 at&t 2.2.4, i get a message that the vkb.sh is installed but when i run the pre3 enable keyboard patch, it cant find the vkb

has anyone got it too work on pre3 at&t 2.2.4? what version vkb.sh did you use?
Try it the other way around. Install the luna.config patch and check to see that it works with a swipe up from the bottom similar to the bringing up the wave launcher. If the keyboard appears then run the vkb.sh to stabilize it
Old 02/24/2013, 05:51 AM   #472 (permalink)

when i run luna.conf.patch or the pre3.patch i get these message

luna.conf.patch: line 1 thru 10] not found

same with pre3.patch

wonder if i need to doctor the phone

update: got it working. i ended up manually editing the luna-platform.conf file to set the enable virtual keyboard to true. dont know why the pre3 patch kept giving me a not found message.

update 2: since i got my at&t pre 3 2.2.4 keyboard set u, i thought i might have an easier time setting up my at&t veer 2.1.2, same problem. when i run the luna or the pre3 patch, it comes up with a bunch of lines not found message. i ended up manually edititng the luna-platform.conf file to include the enable virtual keyboard and setting it to true.

i wonder why my phones are not able to enable the virtual keyboard with the instruction from the first post. could it be because my phones are unlocked and running on t-mobile. both phones were activated using my t-mobile sim.

i do like the virtual keyboards. its not great but it is better than not having it and it is usable as it saves me from opening the slider if i want to do a short quick text or a search. the virtual keyboard looks much better on the smaller veer than on the pre3.

Last edited by c_legaspi; 02/24/2013 at 07:50 PM.
c_legaspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2013, 02:04 PM   #473 (permalink)

Hello,

works great on a HP Veer.

Thanks very much for the hard work.

Just one Question: Is it possible to add different language layouts (i.e. russian/hebrew etc.)?!
Sveta Groer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/14/2013, 03:57 PM   #474 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveta Groer View Post
Hello,

works great on a HP Veer.

Thanks very much for the hard work.

Just one Question: Is it possible to add different language layouts (i.e. russian/hebrew etc.)?!
The keyboard is part of LunaSysMgr, if you wish to recompile the LunaSysMgr from WOCE and make it work on Veer then yes you can switch it to any keyboard layout you wish....
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2013, 12:23 AM   #475 (permalink)

Hey,

With the little time I have on my hand, I wish to debug this even further. I am thinking about fixing the bug more professionally and see if we can fix orientation issues. Also, considering porting the LunaSysMgr from webOS 3.x, didn't look much into it, yet.

Any thoughts or ideas?
CvvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by MAMISHO likes this.
Thanked By: MAMISHO
Old 04/28/2013, 02:27 AM   #476 (permalink)

So, I will use this as a thinking pad to sketch and analyze.

Firstly, I reproduced a crash by rotating the phone, holding it there, then rotating it back, finally I rotated it again.
The crash has the following trace:
Code:
Cmd: LunaSysMgr
CmdLine: /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s
Pid: 19152
CrashedThread: 19152
Signal: 11
SignalSource: kernel-generated
FaultAddress: 0x7e55df84
minicore3:
Process /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr (19152) received SIGSEGV(11).
    r0 30687068
    r1 7e55e2f8
    r2 0026dbc0
    r3 7e55e2e8
    r4 7e55e260
    r5 2bd045e0
    r6 00000004
    r7 30d3cd30
    r8 7e55e2f8
    r9 7e55e1e8
   r10 7e55e2e8
    fp 7e55e1e8
    ip 00000000
    sp 7e55df60
    lr 2bd07714(221714) in /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1/QRasterPaintEngine::drawPixmap(QRectF const&, QPixmap const&, QRectF const&) ()
    pc 2bd04600(21e600) in /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1/QRasterPaintEngine::drawImage(QRectF const&, QImage const&, QRectF const&, QFlags<Qt::ImageConversionFlag>) ()
  cpsr 20000010
Dumping thread LunaSysMgr (19152)
#00  pc 2bd04600(21e600) in /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1/QRasterPaintEngine::drawImage(QRectF const&, QImage const&, QRectF const&, QFlags<Qt::ImageConversionFlag>) ()
dump#01  lr 2bd07714  /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.6.1
Old 04/28/2013, 09:38 AM   #477 (permalink)

So from the code above it looks like it faulted in drawing the keyboard, but the fault was invoked by the kernel, not just LunaSysMgr...

I think it is trying to draw while in rotation, it should pause, wait for full switch then re-draw, if you found the assembly code location in the LunaSysMgr, we might be able to set a debug point and walk thru the code finding the point where it crashes... (depends if one can get the on device compiler to work on the phone you are using, I have heard someone did on the Pixi, but that was webOS 1.4.5). I compile (cross) on a MAC so that would not help.
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2013, 10:52 AM   #478 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
So from the code above it looks like it faulted in drawing the keyboard, but the fault was invoked by the kernel, not just LunaSysMgr...

I think it is trying to draw while in rotation, it should pause, wait for full switch then re-draw, if you found the assembly code location in the LunaSysMgr, we might be able to set a debug point and walk thru the code finding the point where it crashes... (depends if one can get the on device compiler to work on the phone you are using, I have heard someone did on the Pixi, but that was webOS 1.4.5). I compile (cross) on a MAC so that would not help.
The kernel crashed because it is a sigfault 11. It is still dumping in the LunaSysMgr.

I think it runs out of memory. If you go to the original thread that I started, I am removing something from the code to stabilize the code, and what I removing is a loop that deletes some objects. My theory is that when you rotate, same thing happen but it creates objects without stopping and it run out of memory eventually.

I am trying to get the address at which it crashes in LunaSysMgr; the problem is that it is calling a function in libQtGui.so.4.6.1, therefore, it is hard to get the specific address it branches at in LunaSysMgr. I will see if I can get a full stack dump, though I doubt it in ARM environment.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
I think it is trying to draw while in rotation, it should pause, wait for full switch then re-draw.
I had the same thought back when I did this debugging first. I thought what if it moves the keyboard one pixel down and creates a thread to redraw and another one and again redraw; this would definitly overload the whole thing and cause a SIGSEGV.

Last edited by CvvB; 04/28/2013 at 11:02 AM.
Liked by MAMISHO likes this.
Thanked By: MAMISHO
Old 04/29/2013, 12:29 PM   #479 (permalink)

VKB activated and patched nicely on Pre3 - thanks guys!
How is that 'lLandscape' mode progressing?

There are a couple of posts here regarding 'sound' - but I am unclear as to whether I can activate
a 'click' as I tap per key?
Is this possible?
I find that is a great help, as in the TP VKB, in easily ascertaining how many letters I have just typed - especially as on such a small KB as this, one's finger is usually obscuring much of what is actually occurring there!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT A-D. ~ HP iPaq. hx-2110. WM 6.01.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/29/2013 at 12:56 PM.
Mutoidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2013, 01:07 PM   #480 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
How is that 'lLandscape' mode progressing?
Still being considered with nothing promising, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
There are a couple of posts here regarding 'sound' - but I am unclear as to whether I can activate
a 'click' as I tap per key?
Great idea; however, the 'sound' issue being mentioned in the thread is regarding the activation sound. And the answer would be "no, not now, at least" to both.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0