Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Is this suitable for the Pre3? I cannot install it at all.
    I have it installed and working on my Pre3 (2.2.4) but very rarely use it. It's way too small to be properly usable cause of the screen size
    jamarks likes this.
    I use it on a pre2. Its great for just type and for times when its inconvenient to slide keyboard. In bed for example, but if I'm typing something long it requires too much concentration so I use real keyboard.
    Trying to reinstall vk, Luna config patch wont install, I get an error message: Unable to connect to webos internal's servers. Cannot download aupt scripts for the patch. Any advice?
    Is there a walkthrough for this? The OP says what do do, but not how to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    Is there a walkthrough for this? The OP says what do do, but not how to do it
    The OP is the walkthrough in this case, what part are you having trouble with?

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Trying to reinstall vk, Luna config patch wont install, I get an error message: Unable to connect to webos internal's servers. Cannot download aupt scripts for the patch. Any advice?
    Try again, that's a connection issue and often resolves itself.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    how do I execute the script?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtsdad View Post
    how do I execute the script?
    Quick install command line type:
    VKB.sh and then press enter
    EDIT: Got it! Thank you all for your hard work and informative posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I have it installed and working on my Pre3 (2.2.4) but very rarely use it. It's way too small to be properly usable cause of the screen size

same here, finally i'm able to install it... is there a patch to make the fonts bigger? thanks so much
    Quote Originally Posted by daniela View Post
    same here, finally i'm able to install it... is there a patch to make the fonts bigger? thanks so much
    Sadly not- making that functionality would involve some quite deep changes, and since the source code isn't available all changes have to be done using a hex editor, which takes a lot of time and effort and is no fun. Waiting for Open webOS and it's fully-supported VKB is probably the best idea.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone else is having this problem: I installed the patch/script all without error (on an at&t pre3) however, every time I try to use it, it crashes and locks up the device after a few letters. Is there a way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by zzt53 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else is having this problem: I installed the patch/script all without error (on an at&t pre3) however, every time I try to use it, it crashes and locks up the device after a few letters. Is there a way to fix this?
    You need to installl a patch which stabilizes the keyboard. Read the first post and instructions again
    I have a pre2 with 2.2.4, and I am unable to get the patch to install...

I ran the VKB.sh script from /, and status says LunaSysMgr is patched...

I run WOSQI, drag the patch to the windown and hit install, and it fails. I run InternalZ Pro, and click on the patch, and the install fails.

I'm running 2.2.4, so I shouldn't need the luna.conf.patch (which did install actually, but I uninstalled it).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    I have a pre2 with 2.2.4, and I am unable to get the patch to install...

I ran the VKB.sh script from /, and status says LunaSysMgr is patched...

I run WOSQI, drag the patch to the windown and hit install, and it fails. I run InternalZ Pro, and click on the patch, and the install fails.

I'm running 2.2.4, so I shouldn't need the luna.conf.patch (which did install actually, but I uninstalled it).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    mike
    There are two phases, one patch LunaSysMgr, second flip the VirtualKeyboardEnabled to true (if absent then default is false).

Sounds like you did the first, then did the second, then removed the second phase.

look at /etc/palm/luna.conf file to validate. Only device is special is Pre3 its file is /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    There are two phases, one patch LunaSysMgr, second flip the VirtualKeyboardEnabled to true (if absent then default is false).

Sounds like you did the first, then did the second, then removed the second phase.

look at /etc/palm/luna.conf file to validate. Only device is special is Pre3 its file is /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf.
    first page of this thread says:
    > 1. the "luna.conf.patch" for webOS <= 2.1.0 using this luna.conf.patch. I got that from Arthur Thornton.

that would imply that the luna.conf.patch is not necessary for webos 2.2.4... no?
    Pre2 with 2.2.4..

I have gone back, and no combination of "VKB.sh -patch" with luna.conf.patch will make the "Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch" work for me...
    first page of this thread says:
    > 1. the "luna.conf.patch" for webOS <= 2.1.0 using this luna.conf.patch. I got that from Arthur Thornton.

that would imply that the luna.conf.patch is not necessary for webos 2.2.4... no?
    I agree it is confusing, I will mention that to the OP author, but the luna.conf patch is needed, for the Pre2.

Pre2 with 2.2.4..

I have gone back, and no combination of "VKB.sh -patch" with luna.conf.patch will make the "Enabling Keyboard on Pre3.patch" work for me...
    Now, I have to ask, once the luna.patch is applied (you validated by looking at the file /etc/palm/luna.conf?)

Then you patch LunaSysMgr, (which once patch it stops LunaSysMgr, patches files, restarts LunaSysMgr).

This combination works, I have a Pre2 and just re-tested it to validate, it does work.

The Enabling keyboard on Pre3.patch, does not work on the Pre2, as the file luna-platform.conf normally does not exist on webOS 2.2.4 on the Pre2.

So please validate that luna.conf is patched and that the LunaSysMgr is patched, reboot/restart phone/luna and swipe up and keyboard should show up.
    I agree it is confusing, I will mention that to the OP author, but the luna.conf patch is needed, for the Pre2.

Now, I have to ask, once the luna.patch is applied (you validated by looking at the file /etc/palm/luna.conf?)

Then you patch LunaSysMgr, (which once patch it stops LunaSysMgr, patches files, restarts LunaSysMgr).

This combination works, I have a Pre2 and just re-tested it to validate, it does work.

The Enabling keyboard on Pre3.patch, does not work on the Pre2, as the file luna-platform.conf normally does not exist on webOS 2.2.4 on the Pre2.

So please validate that luna.conf is patched and that the LunaSysMgr is patched, reboot/restart phone/luna and swipe up and keyboard should show up.
    I applied the luna.conf.patch, and I confirmed there was a new entry in the luna.conf file (something about turing on the virtual keyboard).
    I ran the VKB.sh script, and confirmed it was installed with a -status...

I did however do VKB.sh first, and then the luna.conf.patch...
    I applied the luna.conf.patch, and I confirmed there was a new entry in the luna.conf file (something about turing on the virtual keyboard).
    I ran the VKB.sh script, and confirmed it was installed with a -status...

I did however do VKB.sh first, and then the luna.conf.patch...
    I did luna.conf.patch then VKB.sh, but order does not matter, what matters is once both are done restart luna or reboot phone. Then attempt to invoke swipe up from middle of bezel to middle of screen. I am typing now with it.
    I did luna.conf.patch then VKB.sh, but order does not matter, what matters is once both are done restart luna or reboot phone. Then attempt to invoke swipe up from middle of bezel to middle of screen. I am typing now with it.
    what do you run VKB.sh from novaterm, wosqi window, Xecutah?

do you run it nohup?