Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    put the patch in ur media\internal.. then use jasons internal pro to install it, itsd what i had to do..
    Own/ed: Palm 650, 750, 755p Pre, Pixi, Plus, Pre 2 an Pre 3, 2 HP Touchpad's.
    Hi,

everything fine now, I was able to install the VK with the help of Jay Canuck. Had the new WOSQI installed which prompted me to install AUPT (which was not necessary before) and then it worked. Thanks to all

I observed a few things about the sound/vibration when activating the VK. Perhaps they are useful to some or even to CvvB.

The sound/vibration of the VKB is connected with the sound settings of the phone, NOT the system sounds (which would be perfect) but with the ringtone sound. That means: if you deactivate vibration in the settings for the ringtone, there will also be no vibration when getting the VK up.

Furthermore, if you lower the volume of the device (and obviously also for the ringtones) to 1 or 2 bars the sound when the VK comes up is barely noticeable. What I did as a workaround was implement a ringtone that was recorded in a very loud mode, which was also well hearable when having the volume of the device to 2 or 3 sound bars. This way the VK is almost silent. (This is of course difficult if you have multiple and different ringtones working on the phone)

Hope this helps!
    Is there ANY chance of this being implemented as a regular patch in Preware for Pre2, for those of us who are nervous about installing things by hand and using scripts?
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    It's theoretically possible, it could probably be implemented the same way my Easy Samba package is: postinst and prerm scripts.
    Well I was going to give this a whirl, but looks like there's still some crash issues, think I'll just wait it out a little while longer, and a little bump for a refresher.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    It took me awhile to figure out how to do the linux commandline, having no previous experience with anything like that. I got it though, it's going to take me awhile to get used to the keyboard:O It's pretty awesome though!
    when my device auto rotate, it's crash and rebot
  8.    #408  
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    Hello there,

the luna.conf.patch from Arthur Thornton is no longer available. I keep getting the error:

I tried InternalzPro instead but it also gives me an error with the installation:

What to do?
    I know I might be dusting the place popping from the undergrounds ...

What version of QWOSI are you using?
    can I get some help here?
    I have palm pre2 running with 2.2.4 webOS and I tried to install the patch via QuickInstall, but no luck it gives me an error. It tries to enable the Virtual Keyboard...but at the end says FAILD...
    any help? I tried with the patch supposed to be for palm pre 2 and pre 3...
    and how to apply a .sh file?

p.s. the lunar installed OK!
    Use latest version of quick install
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Use latest version of quick install
    I have v4.4.0 version of QI
    Quote Originally Posted by krassennikolov View Post
    I have v4.4.0 version of QI
    I don`t know how it happend - without installing the patch just the lunar I have now VKB...the thing is that it is very buggy - usually the device freezes when I press the letter P...and of course in landscape mode its freezeng almost instantly...and the keyboard I can pop out by the hardware key with ALT+SYM+K...
    how to fix the bugginess and the way to bring out the keyboard?
    Trying to install virtual keyboard on Pre3. Which one should I use and how do I install it?
  14.    #414  
    I don`t know how it happend - without installing the patch just the lunar I have now VKB...the thing is that it is very buggy - usually the device freezes when I press the letter P...and of course in landscape mode its freezeng almost instantly...and the keyboard I can pop out by the hardware key with ALT+SYM+K...
    how to fix the bugginess and the way to bring out the keyboard?
    With the Luna patch you actually activated the VKB; however, you need the SH file to fix the buggy behaviors.

Use QWOSI to send the file to "/" destination. Then, go back to the QWOSI and run the Command Line and run the following commands
    Code:
    cd ./
    VKB.sh
    Take a screenshot of the output and keep it if you need any help later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Trying to install virtual keyboard on Pre3. Which one should I use and how do I install it?
    Always use the latest one. Newer versions contain the same data from the previous versions.

Regards,
    OK now I think that the atitude is stable, but I can not understand how to bring the keyboard out...it somehow pops up with Kind of a gesture but I can not understand how...it works with the kombination from the hardware keyboard but that is not the point...what is the gesture on the touchscreen to bring the VKB up?
    Thank you for the help!
  16.    #416  
    OK now I think that the atitude is stable, but I can not understand how to bring the keyboard out...it somehow pops up with Kind of a gesture but I can not understand how...it works with the kombination from the hardware keyboard but that is not the point...what is the gesture on the touchscreen to bring the VKB up?
    Thank you for the help!
    Do a slow swipe up and stop half-way through. Keep your fingers on the screen till the Keyboard shows up. Much like bringing up the Wave Launcher, if you know how to do it .
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    With the Luna patch you actually activated the VKB; however, you need the SH file to fix the buggy behaviors.

Use QWOSI to send the file to "/" destination. Then, go back to the QWOSI and run the Command Line and run the following commands
    Code:
    cd ./
    VKB.sh
    Take a screenshot of the output and keep it if you need any help later on.

Always use the latest one. Newer versions contain the same data from the previous versions.

Regards,
    Yes, I understand the need to install the latest one. Where is it? How do I install it?
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    Yes, I understand the need to install the latest one. Where is it? How do I install it?
    The latest one is on the first post, unless you cannot download it, then tell me so I can check.

After you download it, it will be a file named "VKB.sh". Now, send this file to a folder of your likings. Try to run this script from the QWOSI's Command Line.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    First off, thanks a lot for this patch, really enjoy tiping on this keyboard. However is there any way to disable the sound - after reading this thread I guess the answer is NO - but WILL there be any changes regarding this?

Again, thanks a lot!
    Last edited by hushhush1; 05/20/2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    The latest one is on the first post, unless you cannot download it, then tell me so I can check.

After you download it, it will be a file named "VKB.sh". Now, send this file to a folder of your likings. Try to run this script from the QWOSI's Command Line.
    Is this suitable for the Pre3? I cannot install it at all.