Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    After I installed the 1.1.5.1 patch, my pre 2 starts to either crash or gets frozen whenever I try to use VKB. Anyone has the same problem? Is there a solution for this?
    Last edited by lily_yuri; 03/01/2012 at 04:39 PM.
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by lily_yuri View Post
    After I installed the 1.1.5.1 patch, my pre 2 starts to either crash or gets frozen whenever I try to use VKB. Anyone has the same problem? Is there a solution for this?
    I doubt that the patch was installed correctly. Run the status command and get a screen capture of the output and post it here.

VKB.sh -status

Regards,
    try new~
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I doubt that the patch was installed correctly...
    Or maybe he/she is trying to use it in landscape mode, in which case, a bit of reading would have provided the answer.
    Thanks it works perfectly.

Is it possible to resize the keyboard (via a patch) because it's very small on a pre 3, and difficult to use.
    I doubt that the patch was installed correctly. Run the status command and get a screen capture of the output and post it here.

VKB.sh -status

Regards,
    Here's the screen capture of the output.

I forgot to mention this in the first post. I actually installed the patch 1.1.5.1 first. For some reasons, I couldn't make the VKB to work. I thought the patch wasn't compatible with my current version of webOS, so I went ahead and installed patch 1.1.4 without running the command to revert the LunaSysMgr to the original status. Do you think it might be the cause for the crashing?
    I am newbie here...
    I need help... How to install virtual keyboard?
    My device is pre 2...
    Sorry my bad english. If it is bad...
    Thank you very much. I have tried it on both my Pre 3 and Veer. They work fine. Just when call up the virtual keyboard, the notification sound is a bit annoying. Can I disable it?
    ok I have patched the VK on the AT&T Pre 3 and it works but freezes a lot needing a battery pull, any thoughts on it.
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by bis2012 View Post
    Thanks it works perfectly.

Is it possible to resize the keyboard (via a patch) because it's very small on a pre 3, and difficult to use.
    On the list, though, I have many things that have a much more urgent priority ... Like Landscape Stability.

Quote Originally Posted by lily_yuri View Post
    Here's the screen capture of the output.
    Click to view quoted image

I forgot to mention this in the first post. I actually installed the patch 1.1.5.1 first. For some reasons, I couldn't make the VKB to work. I thought the patch wasn't compatible with my current version of webOS, so I went ahead and installed patch 1.1.4 without running the command to revert the LunaSysMgr to the original status. Do you think it might be the cause for the crashing?
    As long as the "- status" is reporting that the Patch is implemented successfully, it means that the LunaSysMgr was patched correctly, regardless of the version.

Bare in mind that the keyboard is expected to crash when trying to flip the screen orientation ... Are you sure you are not flipping the screen orientation by any mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by mappychan View Post
    Thank you very much. I have tried it on both my Pre 3 and Veer. They work fine. Just when call up the virtual keyboard, the notification sound is a bit annoying. Can I disable it?
    On the list ...

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ok I have patched the VK on the AT&T Pre 3 and it works but freezes a lot needing a battery pull, any thoughts on it.
    Try this command ... take a screen shot of the output and post it here:

VKB.sh -status

Regards,
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    On the list, though, I have many things that have a much more urgent priority ... Like Landscape Stability.
    That's the Holy Grail!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)

As long as the "- status" is reporting that the Patch is implemented successfully, it means that the LunaSysMgr was patched correctly, regardless of the version.

Bare in mind that the keyboard is expected to crash when trying to flip the screen orientation ... Are you sure you are not flipping the screen orientation by any mistake?

On the list ...

Try this command ... take a screen shot of the output and post it here:

VKB.sh -status

Regards,

thanks I went back through it again, and found it didn't patch the first time. DId so the second now working flawlessly thanks again.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    How's that coming along? Any way to progress, or are you stuck until webOS is fully open sourced?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    also I was woundering if there is a option to either have a bigger version of the keyboard on, or use the older VK that was on the first pre and pre plus?
    plz disable sound and vibration.
    battery out quicker with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thanhtung2805 View Post
    plz disable sound and vibration.
    battery out quicker with that.
    He would have disabled the sound already if it was so easy. Just be thankful for what you have. It is a great effort
    woundering if it was possible to use the iphone, or other OS's VK skin as the keyboard size and layout for the pre 3 since the screen size are comparable?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    A suggestion for an ugly hack to handle the landscape crash bug:

From this post [PATCH] Virtual Keyboard , use the API , find the state of the accelerometer and if ON, do not activate VKB. Only activate VKB if accelerometer is OFF.

No, I was not flipping the screen orientation at all. For some reasons, the crashing hasn't occurred these days which is weird. I don't know how long it will last, but I will be sure to inform you if it happens again.
    Hello there,

the luna.conf.patch from Arthur Thornton is no longer available. I keep getting the error:

Unable to connect to webos-internals server.
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch
    I tried InternalzPro instead but it also gives me an error with the installation:

AUSMT is missing. It is required for patching
    What to do?
    Last edited by roughty; 03/23/2012 at 09:56 AM.