Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Another huge impovement would be the removal of the sound and/or vibration when the vkb opens up...
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Forward can be done as it is identified as a gesture in the SELECT clause. I was thinking of adding a piece of code to determine if the focus is at a Text field, then the Keyboard will show; otherwise, you will see the wave launcher.
    That would be an even better implementation. Reminds me of an old vkb solution on Palm OS (anyone remember Mini-Keyboard?).
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Forward can be done as it is identified as a gesture in the SELECT clause. I was thinking of adding a piece of code to determine if the focus is at a Text field, then the Keyboard will show; otherwise, you will see the wave launcher.
    I am not sure what you are saying about a text field here. If you are saying that one would have to tap in a text field to get the keyboard I would not be for that. For example I find it very annoying on the touchpad to have to go up top to the just type bar to get the keyboard. I much prefer to call up the keyboard first and just start typing as it is now.

Not only that but we would loose some functionality. An example would be searching in music player remix or a spotify playlist there is not a text field visible but one can pull up the vk and trigger a search. If it was text field dependent I don't see how that would work.
    Can anybody confirm correct work on Veer 2.2.4?
    I was very satisfied with VKB on 2.1.2, but can't install it (patch) on 2.2.4. Script installed successfuly. I try to install patch for 2.2.x version.
    If the script is installing successfully you could try opening /etc/palm/luna-platform.conf with Internalz and changing VirtualKeyboardEnabled to true.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Thanks a lot, works gr8 on pre plus, webos 2.2.4
    -Mayank Mall
    can't find 'Edit File' option in Internals, so did it on PC and just have moved file to etc/palm.
    work great, thanks again!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Oho, exciting stuff! In terms of a gesture change, I think an option to rebind to the forward gesture would be good. The only app I can think of that uses that is the browser.

And I get the feeling that open webOS will have a VK as standard, since they've got one that works in 3.0.

@tl02008, try downloading the file on a computer and transferring it over by USB.

@njiki11, download and unzip the latest version of the script. Put it on your device via USB, then install wTerm from Preware. On first run it will ask you to setup a password, do so and keep it in mind. Then run 'su' (minus the quotation marks) and enter your password. Then, run 'cd /media/internal/' (presuming that's where you put the file) to move to your internal drive and run 'sh <script filename>'. Sorted.
    sorry what do I need to do? I'm confused, someone please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadson View Post
    can't find 'Edit File' option in Internals, so did it on PC and just have moved file to etc/palm.
    work great, thanks again!

You'll have to enable master mode in internalz toedit those system files, the partition is by default mounted as read-only. Also set the line ending format to linux in text-editor section in internalz, not doing this might corrupt various files like the upstart script of openssh.

Quote Originally Posted by njiki11 View Post
    sorry what do I need to do? I'm confused, someone please help.
    I guess you are trying to install this vkb patch, if yes....download the version of script as per your version of OS. Unzip the zip file, there will be a VKB.sh file inside it, copy that to your pre's USB.

Now connect via novaterm, use WSQI command line or anyother terminal like SDLTerminal etc....Use the following command to install:
    ./media/internal/VKB.sh

This will install the script, now download the patch file and install with WSQI.
    Last edited by mayank; 02/15/2012 at 01:24 AM.
    -Mayank Mall
    Thanks & congratulations, guys... all you are great!

Suggestion: change the "slow swipe" for a "on/off VKB" in menu Connection.

I don't know if is possible, but I believe that can work like this:

=> In menu, VKB Off: Touch in space to type and works as if the VKB was not installed, need open the Pre and type.

=> In menu, VKB On with Pre opened: Touch in space to type and works as if the VKB was not installed, need open the Pre and type.

=> In menu, VKB On with Pre closed: Touch in space to type and the VKB is opened. If open the Pre, the VKB go away. If close the Pre again, need to touch in space to type again to show the VKB.

So... first: what do you think about my idea? Second... it's possible? (The dreams always come before the realization! ).

Best Regards...
    Last edited by Rnp; 02/15/2012 at 07:15 AM.
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadson View Post
    Can anybody confirm correct work on Veer 2.2.4?
    I was very satisfied with VKB on 2.1.2, but can't install it (patch) on 2.2.4. Script installed successfuly. I try to install patch for 2.2.x version.
    Can anybody confirm which patch that I should use for Pre3 ver 2.2.4? is it the ver.1.1.4?
    Please advise..
    Quote Originally Posted by clouds_9 View Post
    Can anybody confirm which patch that I should use for Pre3 ver 2.2.4? is it the ver.1.1.4?
    Please advise..
    You should use the latest version 1.1.5.1 (works fine on my Pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbywal View Post
    You should use the latest version 1.1.5.1 (works fine on my Pre3)
    Ok Bro..Thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Another huge impovement would be the removal of the sound and/or vibration when the vkb opens up...
    +1

Please make an option for disabling the sound when the keyboard pops up!

Btw: can I choose vibration instead of the sound? How?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble (re)installing the patch to enable for the Pre 3 on a Pre 3 that I had to doctor. Both WOSQI and Preware say that "Only garbage was found in the patch input". Anyone else get this?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Email it to yourself or download via pc, webOS' Browser doesn't work with the forum attachments.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Email it to yourself or download via pc, webOS' Browser doesn't work with the forum attachments.
    aaaaannnd I knew that.
    Also, when I opened the patch in Preware and saw the first line being "<!DOCTYPE html> I shoulda woken the hell up.

Sowwy. And thanks.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Not a problem, we all have our moments
    Anyone knows how to enable virtual keyboard in landscape while messaging?
    Sent PM to CvvB added pixi/pixiplus webOS 2.1.0 to the script...

Why would someone want a virtual keyboard on the Pixi/PixiPlus... Because one can?

Or maybe ones keyboard is broke and they just want to get by...

From CvvB:

Thanks for the effort.

Just attach it to your post in the main thread and I will update the first post to refer it. I am checking this off my cellphone, so I cannot go through it thoroughly, however, it seems to be fine.

Regards,
    Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/01/2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Attached the script to this post