Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 552
Like Tree50Likes
  1. #341  
    just bought my 1st webos device.webOS has been around for like 3 years already! how come devs have not come up wid a decent solution for VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!!?? its really awkward to slide out d physicalKB even to type a url in web browser! :-( is there any way to get a vkb on pre 3 just like the one in webOS 3.0???
  2. #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by arif7193 View Post
    just bought my 1st webos device.webOS has been around for like 3 years already! how come devs have not come up wid a decent solution for VIRTUAL KEYBOARD!!?? its really awkward to slide out d physicalKB even to type a url in web browser! :-( is there any way to get a vkb on pre 3 just like the one in webOS 3.0???
    I suggest you read the first post in this thread. This is the best VKB solution we have for 2.x at the moment, and stabilising it took a lot of hard work and trawling through machine code on the part of CvvB. Without the source, there's only so much the community can do, so until Open webOS gets released in September, this is as good as it gets. Sorry if the efforts of unpaid homebrewers aren't good enough for you, but that's how it is.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  3. MikeN68's Avatar
    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    #343  
    ShiftyAxel, bit harsh but understandable. Although I don't think the lack of a VKB should be leveled at devs (who do a fantastic 'job'), I would imagine most of the 'blame' lies with Palm/HP in not coding this from day one.
    Personally however I'm more concerned with arif's grammar and the state of education!
  4. #344  
    Perhaps I was a little short about it, but ignorance of the amount of effort that the community puts into webOS irks me. Especially given that they've been trying to get a decent VK working since the days of 1.4.5. We used to use a hacked Sym menu back then, in comparison this is luxury.

    However with that out of the way, welcome to webOS Nation arif. Not everyone is as grumpy as I am
  5. #345  
    @shiftaxle:i'm really sorry if i had sounded rude. I honor all webOS devs for the excellent work they are doing. Its not like i'm criticizing the devs, i was just curious why the vkb issue is not solved.

    @MikeN68: i totally agree with you,its Palm's fault. :-) and btw..i dont think my grammar is that bad.

    @both: Thanks for the warm welcome! :-)
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Personally however I'm more concerned with arif's grammar and the state of education!

    I hope you're just joking. In the event that you're not, you'll be terribly sad in another decade or two when the newspeak of 'LOL' and 'OMG' and 'BFF' not just supplements, but totally replaces the standard lexicon. And that will be the result of education.
  7. #347  
    as i'm new to webOS i dont know how to install this tweak. when i unzip the vkb.zip file i get a *.sh file. wat do i do from there?? can anyone help me with this.

    update: its working now!! awesome work!! looking forward for a properly scaled version for Pre 3's screeen.
    Last edited by arif7193; 02/07/2012 at 04:27 PM.
  8. #348  
    Is there any patch for crash in horizontal view? and when I turn it when it's earlier in horizontal, it's just not working.
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by michpo69 View Post
    Is there any patch for crash in horizontal view? and when I turn it when it's earlier in horizontal, it's just not working.
    here is a tweak for auto rotate lock..
    xwTweak 0.1.0 - Global Accelerometer Switch

    the patch for installing on device menu doesnt work,but then the ipk works great.
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by michpo69 View Post
    Is there any patch for crash in horizontal view? and when I turn it when it's earlier in horizontal, it's just not working.
    Horizontal doesn't work, period. Probably won't until we get the source either, doing it in assembly seems like a lot of effort when you can wait a few months and do it in C.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  11. #351  
    Can you please change the gesture required? I'm a frequent user of the wave launcher, and now I can't use it.
  12. #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff Blue View Post
    Can you please change the gesture required? I'm a frequent user of the wave launcher, and now I can't use it.
    Another case of it being too hard until we get the source.
  13. #353  
    your attch: v1.1.4: VKB-1.1.4.zip &v1.1.5: VKB-1.1.5.zip
    Cannot open!
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Horizontal doesn't work, period. Probably won't until we get the source either, doing it in assembly seems like a lot of effort when you can wait a few months and do it in C.
    I was thinking about this, and I think we have to work to get this fixed. The OpenSource version is not the same as the current version of the Operating System. It will sure help so I can reverse engineer the whole thing much faster as I did with the Arabization solution for webOS. I hand modify all the library and I can go hardcore even much deeper in the Luna Manager. I am conducting many experiments to see if I can determine where the leak is. The redrawing is called asynchronously, damn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff Blue View Post
    Can you please change the gesture required? I'm a frequent user of the wave launcher, and now I can't use it.
    It is hard-coded into the program, I can never do anything to it. I can, however, change which gesture will it be tied to. But. that is way too much work and it is not worth it at the moment unless most members agree to "another" gesture. Keep in mind that I cannot invent a new gesture easily; it has to be one of the already used gestures.

    I do have one or more ideas coming, I will investigate the feasibility before saying them out loud.

    Quote Originally Posted by tl02008 View Post
    your attch: v1.1.4: VKB-1.1.4.zip &v1.1.5: VKB-1.1.5.zip
    Cannot open!
    It is working fine, I just tried them!
  15. njiki11's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #355  
    ok I totally suck at this can someone tell me how to send file to device, run the patches, and run the linux codes. And what files do I need for this experiment. Sorry I just suck this and need help... Please respond ASAP
  16. #356  
    Oho, exciting stuff! In terms of a gesture change, I think an option to rebind to the forward gesture would be good. The only app I can think of that uses that is the browser.

    And I get the feeling that open webOS will have a VK as standard, since they've got one that works in 3.0.

    @tl02008, try downloading the file on a computer and transferring it over by USB.

    @njiki11, download and unzip the latest version of the script. Put it on your device via USB, then install wTerm from Preware. On first run it will ask you to setup a password, do so and keep it in mind. Then run 'su' (minus the quotation marks) and enter your password. Then, run 'cd /media/internal/' (presuming that's where you put the file) to move to your internal drive and run 'sh <script filename>'. Sorted.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 02/13/2012 at 03:09 PM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  17. #357  
    Long press in the gesture area would be my preference. But one would have to remember to do it outside of the light bar area. No biggie
  18. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Long press in the gesture area would be my preference. But one would have to remember to do it outside of the light bar area. No biggie
    I'd support that. Wasn't the original virtual keyboard either a one finger double-tap or a two finger tap. I'd support either of those, too. Of course, I'm eternally grateful for all of the hard work of the devs here.
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    I'd support that. Wasn't the original virtual keyboard either a one finger double-tap or a two finger tap. I'd support either of those, too. Of course, I'm eternally grateful for all of the hard work of the devs here.
    Very grateful here too. Ready to donate when he's ready to accept
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Oho, exciting stuff! In terms of a gesture change, I think an option to rebind to the forward gesture would be good. The only app I can think of that uses that is the browser.

    And I get the feeling that open webOS will have a VK as standard, since they've got one that works in 3.0.
    Forward can be done as it is identified as a gesture in the SELECT clause. I was thinking of adding a piece of code to determine if the focus is at a Text field, then the Keyboard will show; otherwise, you will see the wave launcher.

Posting Permissions