Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Just to verify, this still crashes in landscape, right?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Just find out that on landscape mode, VK is not working, always pop up in portrait mode.
    anybody experience this also? btw this is for Pre3 ya.. please advise bros..
    GREAT JOB.... Works on my Pre3. Very good accuracy for the tiny keyboard.
    With this I need not open slider keyboard for every contact search. Thanks.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @clouds_9 CvvB has stablized and enabled the VKB over a few models, but the crash in landscape persists to due to Palm's buggy code (recursive loop and/or memory leak). Here's the link to a post on page 4 of this thread by CvvB on the subject: [PATCH] Virtual Keyboard

I believe that CvvB has to do a bit of reverse engineering to analyze the situation; patching it must be the same kind of difficult. I sort of imagine him in front of a black computer screen with green, Japanese characters raining down. Gibberish to mortal men, but eloquent prose to certain gifted individuals.

Just installed onto an At&T 2.2.4 Pre 3, all is good. I wish there was a patch to disable the damn accelerometer or set it to manual rotate.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I sort of imagine him in front of a black computer screen with green, Japanese characters raining down. Gibberish to mortal men, but eloquent prose to certain gifted individuals.
    As an active patcher, I can indeed confirm that is exactly what happens
    And I have a feeling even fixing the landscape mode or size would be quite big job without the source, and that we may just have to be patient for it's release. Should be a 5 minute job after that
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Do open source practices permit simply small morsels of modules or files to be handed out?

I read above that LunaSysMgr has lots of references to non Open Source modules that have to be rewritten, but is there a reason why Luna itself can't be opened even if dependencies can't?

I swear, HP is a master in losing momentum. The world (and the community) needs more than press releases. (see https://github.com/hpwebos/webos/issues for "humor" along these lines...)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    As an active patcher, I can indeed confirm that is exactly what happens
    And I have a feeling even fixing the landscape mode or size would be quite big job without the source, and that we may just have to be patient for it's release. Should be a 5 minute job after that
    Are these not the sources in herre:
    Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKern View Post
    Are these not the sources in herre:
    Open Source Packages - opensource.palm.com - Palm
    LunaSysMgr is not amongst them.
    Sorry I don't quite understand what to do I'm still new to my palm pre 2.
    I first enabled the virtual keyboard thru preware and then I got the luna.conf.patch and installed it over webos quick install 4.3.1 I think. After a few tries of it saying that the patch was installed successfully but could not reach the webos internal servers, I figured it was my wifi connection that wasn't strong enough. It finally worked and the luna.conf.patch disappeared from my list in the webos quick install and my palm pre2 did a reset. I thought the keyboard would work from then on but I can't seem to get it to work or even to bring it up... Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Sorry I don't quite understand what to do I'm still new to my palm pre 2.
    I first enabled the virtual keyboard thru preware and then I got the luna.conf.patch and installed it over webos quick install 4.3.1 I think. After a few tries of it saying that the patch was installed successfully but could not reach the webos internal servers, I figured it was my wifi connection that wasn't strong enough. It finally worked and the luna.conf.patch disappeared from my list in the webos quick install and my palm pre2 did a reset. I thought the keyboard would work from then on but I can't seem to get it to work or even to bring it up... Does anyone have any suggestions?
    did you run the script.

I love the vkb but it gives me a lot of crashes. Crashes in which required battery removals (3 to be exact). However, I would like to say thanks for the development
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    did you run the script.

I love the vkb but it gives me a lot of crashes. Crashes in which required battery removals (3 to be exact). However, I would like to say thanks for the development
    @ltyarbro42: Opt+Sym+R has always worked for me to restrart after for landscape crashes. Have you tried?
    @dancetomusic you have to send the VKB.sh to / via WOSQI, then commanline to it, and just type 'VKB.sh' it will then sort it out for ya. But remember to install the patch after. Works so good on my Veer!! Even at 2.2.4, with no OC.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    For those experiencing crashes, maybe you can run this new global accelerometer control (post #2) to prevent an accidental landscape switch in all apps.

I'd run it after a restart (it does not survive a reboot) and keep it running in a card to be able to easily switch whenever I need to enable/disable it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Just installed it! Too bad there wasn't a way to make it larger.
    Also, my god does it crash a lot. I type like 5 characters and it freezes or crashes. :P
    Just wondering if it is normal for it to crash like that? Because at the moment it is practically unusable.
    Last edited by Ecut93; 01/20/2012 at 11:49 AM.
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecut93 View Post
    Just installed it! Too bad there wasn't a way to make it larger.
    Also, my god does it crash a lot. I type like 5 characters and it freezes or crashes. :P
    Just wondering if it is normal for it to crash like that? Because at the moment it is practically unusable.
    Nope, it is not normal.

Can you run the patch script with the following parameter
    Code:
    VKB.sh -status
    Take a screenshot of the output and post it here so I can confirm my doubts.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    It is working correctly now!
    I was making a stupid mistake with moving the file.
    Thanks for your help through pm.
    Can someone help? I am encountering this error when trying to install the Enabling Keyboard on Pre 3 patch:

EDIT: I just restarted my Pre 3 and it works now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by virseph; 01/26/2012 at 08:06 AM.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    Can someone help? I am encountering this error when trying to install the Enabling Keyboard on Pre 3 patch:
    Which version of WOSQI are you using?
    Just installed VKB patches on my Pre3 and it works great ! Thanks.
    I accidentally enabled it in landscape on my 2.2.4 Pre2
    i panicked, got rid of it, and it didn't crash

hmm
    i guess i'll seriously try it..
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive