Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Hmm, it looks like your Pre might have a different version of LunaSysMgr than the ones supported in the patch, since it's checking your version but not finding it (I presume so at least, it's looking at the very first offset in the file.)
    Damn! This always happens only to me
    Excellent!!!

On my Palm Pre 2 with webOS 2.2.4 everything is working well with the 1.1.4 patch!!!

Thanks a lot dude!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    2.2.4 is extremely stable, moreso than 2.2.3 I've found. Patches are slowly getting added, and you can add the patches feed from 2.2.3 if any patches you really need are unavailable.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Just installed this patch on Pre3 2.2.4, works pretty well. Excellent work.

Gotta say that the button size is more suited to my wife's tiny fingers

Great work guys.

Is there any way to scale the keyboard at all?
    Last edited by Nokia_webOS; 01/03/2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Why in my Pre3 only show in Device info HP WebOS2.2.3 but when I go in to System Updates to check, it inform that my Pre3 up to date? I still check in Preware or App Catalogue but can't find WebOS2.2.4?
    Treo 650>Pre3
    What version of the Pre3 are you using? EU? ATT? VZW?
    I'm using Pre3, 16Gb AT&T unlocked
    Treo 650>Pre3
    curious, the OTA should be available to ATT models. My suggestion would be to download the 2.2.4 doctor and do it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I'm ignorant of what this VKB patching can accomplish, so had a question i didn't see anywhere else in the thread.

The VKB has different behavior than the hardware keyboard when using the shift and NUM keys: Press the NUM key brings up the num keyboard until a double tap of the NUM key again.

Is it possible to make the VKB behave the same way as hardware keyboard? one press of NUM key means num keyboard for 1 key.

Yes? no?

Thanks!
    Anyone know the answer to this?
    Its on the previous page. CvvB said if we had the source code it would be easier, but since we don't, it would take ages

Sent from my Touchpad. Booyah.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsananth View Post
    Damn! This always happens only to me
    Me too apparently since I'm getting the same error as you and have tried everything.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Will this be in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    Its on the previous page. CvvB said if we had the source code it would be easier, but since we don't, it would take ages

Sent from my Touchpad. Booyah.
    Sorry, i missed that. Thanks for repeating.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    when I try to send the vkb file to my pre2 it says file transfer failed, what's wrong, what can I do?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by njiki11 View Post
    when I try to send the vkb file to my pre2 it says file transfer failed, what's wrong, what can I do?
    nevermind i got it.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I installed the vkb1.1.4 patch on the my pre2, but it's either not working or i dont know to start it, or something else. I did status and it said it was working. sooo.. hmm can someone show me how to turn on the keyboard (vid,pic,etc...)

[B]Palm Pre 2, and the only RARE White HP Touchpad/B]
    I can run patch VKB 1.1.5 for Pre3 OS 2.2.4, AT&T unlocked now. But when I wipe up to get virtual keyboard, it's only flick the Quick Launch (including Phone, contact, email, calendar, App) look like a curve. Do have any other ways to run virtual keyboard?
    Treo 650>Pre3
    Hi i'm a newbie and i have one question

We install vkb 1.1.4.sh first or enabling keyboard.patch. And how to install file enabling keyboard.patch. Is is same the .ipk?
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by anhvu View Post
    If I use Pre3, WebOS 2.2.3, so I can install luna.conf.patch with VKB-1.1.zip (Adding webOS 2.2.0/2.2.3 for Pre3)?
    For webOS 2.2.x, please, use the Pre3 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by rsananth View Post
    I tried it and got the same result. Tried with both the 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 files. Pasting below...
    For some reason, the program is trying to get the bytes at address 0x00000000 ...

Can you receive the file "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" and attach it to me here?
    I will give it a look and see if anything isn't working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia_webOS View Post
    Just installed this patch on Pre3 2.2.4, works pretty well. Excellent work.

Gotta say that the button size is more suited to my wife's tiny fingers

Great work guys.

Is there any way to scale the keyboard at all?
    Let's wait for the source-code and see if we scale it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Me too apparently since I'm getting the same error as you and have tried everything.
    Can you attach the "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" to me here so I can give it a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Will this be in preware?
    I will see if I can do this sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by njiki11 View Post
    I installed the vkb1.1.4 patch on the my pre2, but it's either not working or i dont know to start it, or something else. I did status and it said it was working. sooo.. hmm can someone show me how to turn on the keyboard (vid,pic,etc...)

[B]Palm Pre 2, and the only RARE White HP Touchpad/B]
    Install the Patch attached to the first post. Use the Pre3 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by anhvu View Post
    I can run patch VKB 1.1.5 for Pre3 OS 2.2.4, AT&T unlocked now. But when I wipe up to get virtual keyboard, it's only flick the Quick Launch (including Phone, contact, email, calendar, App) look like a curve. Do have any other ways to run virtual keyboard?
    Install the Patch attached to the first post. Use the Pre3 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by dangquang0305 View Post
    Hi i'm a newbie and i have one question

We install vkb 1.1.4.sh first or enabling keyboard.patch. And how to install file enabling keyboard.patch. Is is same the .ipk?
    Use WOSQI to install it. Just drag it and drop it on the WOSQI.
    Last edited by CvvB; 01/06/2012 at 05:28 AM.
    The second /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr is spelled wrong in your above post