Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
    Another newly-updated Pre3 2.2.4 user here. Can provide file dumps etc if necessary
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I decided to have a play with a Hex Editor and patched 2.2.4 myself, the offset for patching is 0x00193AD0 changing ec ff ff ea to 00 00 a0 e1 in case anyone's brave enough to DIY it. I've PMed CvvB about it so hopefully he'll update the patcher soon
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Can this please be updated to work on 2.2.4 on the Pre3? Thank you!!!
    I will get to it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I decided to have a play with a Hex Editor and patched 2.2.4 myself, the offset for patching is 0x00193AD0 changing ec ff ff ea to 00 00 a0 e1 in case anyone's brave enough to DIY it. I've PMed CvvB about it so hopefully he'll update the patcher soon
    Thanks.

I just updated mine not long time ago. I will update the patch soon.

Regards,
    Thanks a lot, CvvB! Will wait for it. Just updated to 2.2.4 and I'm missing the VKB already.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am currently using webos 2.2.4 (just updated today woop woop ) and trying to get the virtual keyboard. I installed Luna.conf and the keyboard pops up fine. But it crashes....A LOT. Any help on how to stop it from crashing so much? Using a palm pre 2.
    Last edited by saqib786; 12/21/2011 at 11:24 AM.
    2.2.4 here as well, after reapply pre3 patch & restart got the keyboard back.. no crash here yet

update: yeah.. crashes a lot ;}
  7.    #247  
    The correct offset is 0x00193ADC. If I am not mistaken, you had a hex editor with four sets in a row. Each set is composed of four bytes. And you have to modify the right most set .. ! The offset you get is the offset for the row, you have to add the delta, which is C in this case.
  8.    #248  
    First post updated.

I have modified the patch to include webOS 2.2.4 for both the Pre2 build and the Pre3 build.

I have tested this on my Pre2. However, can people test this on Pre3 and report back as I don't have any Pre3s ...

Sorry for the belated update.

Thanks,
    Ah, it all makes sense now! how do you figure out this patchery using just the assembly? I saw some plaintext when I was looking through LunaSysMgr, but most of it was symbols.
    Also, if I've manually patched, will I be able to test with the updated script?
  10.    #250  
    Ah, it all makes sense now! how do you figure out this patchery using just the assembly? I saw some plaintext when I was looking through LunaSysMgr, but most of it was symbols.
    You need a disassembler for it to convert the Hex codes to a human-readable format, which is Assembly. Unless you can read the hex strings and understand the corresponding instructions !!

I understand that by symbols you mean unreadable text, btw.

Also, if I've manually patched, will I be able to test with the updated script?
    Sure. The script should detect that you have already patched the binary file.

Enjoy,
    Excellent, I'll give it a go is there any chance you could point me in the direction of a good decompiler? I had a quick look but gave up after the first one didn't work
    I've installed patch again after system update and it works perfectly stable unless I go to landscape mode or switch to russian language (Russian Keyboard Patch). I can send logs for each type of crash.
  13.    #253  
    Excellent, I'll give it a go is there any chance you could point me in the direction of a good decompiler? I had a quick look but gave up after the first one didn't work
    Are you interested in Reverse Engineering in general or you just want to see it how the decompiling goes?

Quote Originally Posted by peter_pa View Post
    I've installed patch again after system update and it works perfectly stable unless I go to landscape mode or switch to russian language (Russian Keyboard Patch). I can send logs for each type of crash.
    Please, do attach the logs for both cases if you can.

Regards,
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Installed 2.2.4 pre2 patch and working like a charm.. Thanks a lot..
    hi all, i have a pre 2 EU and 2.2.4. I can't install the patch. Can they help me? perhaps with a tutorial.. because i'm new webos-user.
    thanks and good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckos View Post
    hi all, i have a pre 2 EU and 2.2.4. I can't install the patch. Can they help me? perhaps with a tutorial.. because i'm new webos-user.
    thanks and good work!
    1. Check on #1 post
    2. Download luna.conf.patch for webOS 2.x from Arthur Thornton (on that #1 post)
    3. Download VKB-1.1.4.zip (also on that #1 post)
    4. Install luna.conf.patch to your Pre 2 using webOS Quick Install
    5. Unzip VKB-1.1.4.zip, you've got VKB.sh and send that file to your Pre 2 (e.g to /media/internal)
    6. Accessing linux in your Pre 2 using webOS Quick Install or novaterm through Windows Command Prompt / Linux Terminal
    7. Go to /media/internal directory: # cd /media/internal
    8. Run this command: # VKB.sh -patch
    9. Your Pre 2 will boot automatically
    10. You've got the Virtual Keyboard by swiping up from gesture area
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post

Please, do attach the logs for both cases if you can.
    Here you are. Thanks for your work )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @CvvB: I'm interested in the idea of decompilation, but mostly I just want to poke around inside LunaSysMgr.
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by peter_pa View Post
    Here you are. Thanks for your work )
    Thank you!

@CvvB: I'm interested in the idea of decompilation, but mostly I just want to poke around inside LunaSysMgr.
    Okay then ...

You need to know some general knowledge about processor architecture. Then, you need to dig deep on ARM architecture in general and armv7 in specific. You don't need to know about OOP ASM implementation as I didn't see much of OOP used in the LunaSysMgr. I would guess that they used mostly pure C for this.

If we have cleared that away, the best disassembler I have found is the IDA Pro. You can find many free and basic ones as IDA is pretty much expensive, like W32Dasm and Old IDA Pro versions which are available free through the company; OllyDbg is great also.

Regards,
    Hi CvvB...thanks for your hard work.....I have webos 2.2.4 in veer....i just used the v1.1.4: VKB-1.1.4.zip script but it didn't work....please help me....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by richardedi; 12/28/2011 at 11:52 PM.