Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I have a Pre3 up to date and I have your 1.1.3 on it and have used the vkb with admiration of your work. However, yesterday, it froze the fone with unresponsive off button requiring a battery removal for the first time since I got the phone. I had the vkb crash the phone in landscape before and the power button allowed restart. This time it's different; it was in portrait and froze while attempting to use uppercase. Nothing worked thereafter, and I had to open the back and take out the battery. I look forward to further updates. I hope this helps.
    Ohh yes. This is the memory leak that I was talking about. What happens is that the LunaSysMgr will get into an infinite recursive call. Therefore, it hangs. If you left it for a while it will restart after the stack reaches the end.

I paused all the work lately. However, I am resuming the work tomorrow to see if I can fix this once and for all.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have installed on my pre2 and works great... Once i tried to use in landscape and it hanged.. Just i left for a while as it restarted automatically..

Thanks CvvB for your excellent work.. looking forward for this keyboard to work in landscape mode and w.o any hangs

Thanks once again
    Wait, how would it be activated without the sym + k shortcut?

(Pre 2 - 2.1)
    I don't think the double-tap gesture area works...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Wait, how would it be activated without the sym + k shortcut?

(Pre 2 - 2.1)
    I don't think the double-tap gesture area works...
    No, the double-tap won't work.

To be activated you need to do a slow-swipe from the gesture area to half way through the screen then stop at the middle. Much like how you activate the wave-launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    I have been able to stabilize the webOS Virtual Keyboard on 2.1.0 on both the Palm Pre 2 and Palm Pre Plus.

I have also made a shell bash file to patch the LunaSysMgr.

I have tested it and it works well on my pre.

The Shell Script has the following options:
    Code:
    USAGE: VKB.sh OPTIONAL:[OPTIONS]

Use one of the following [OPTIONS]:

-patch
         To patch LunaSysMgr

-revert
         To remove the patch and revert the LunaSysMgr to the original status

-status
         To show the status of the patch

-help
         To show this help page!
    If no argument was specified, then the shell uses an automatic mode: where the script determines whether the patch is applied or not and does the opposite activity.

All you have to do to try it out, send the script to your Pre and through webOS Quick Install Linux Commandline execute the script.

Don't forget to activate the Virtual Keyboard by using the "luna.conf.patch" for webOS 2.X using this Attachment 61809. I got that from Arthur Thornton.

For webOS 2.2.X (Pre 3), I have made a new patch for this. Here it is Attachment 61912.

Initial Discussion

Attachment 61808

As requested, screenshot:
    Attachment 61875

v1.0: Attachment 61807
    v1.1: Attachment 61911 (Adding webOS 2.2.0/2.2.3 for Pre3)
    v1.1.2: Attachment 61979 (Adding additional build numbers for the Pre3 webOS 2.2.0)
    v1.1.3: Attachment 62159 (Adding webOS 2.1.1/2.1.2 for the Veer)

SO FAR:
    The patch stabilizes the VKB; however, when trying to change the screen orientation, Luna seems to crash. I am checking that later on.

Enjoy
    when will you fix the rotation problem
    I hope with the soon available sources of webos that CvvB can make it even better than it is now... thanks for the great work! ***written with my virtual keyboard***
    I allways get this error whem I try to install the Pre³ Patch:
    Code:
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna-platform.conf.rej
    What does it mean ...?
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Please, apply the latest version of the patch (v1.1.3). Copy the output and paste in here so I can analyze the symptoms. Also, run the patch again with the parameter "-status" so and copy the output and paste it here.

Did you also apply the "luna.conf.patch" by using QWOSI?

If so, what aspect of the patch doesn't work?

I need all these details so I can understand what doesn't actually work!
    I can´t use any vkb.sh .... i ready update my veer to webos 2.2.4, can you help me please???
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richardedi View Post
    I can´t use any vkb.sh .... i ready update my veer to webos 2.2.4, can you help me please???
    Did anyone try the Pre3 patch on a Pre2 updated to 2.2.4?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Wait, so if I download this, then when I drag my finger up what determines if it launches the keyboard or the wave launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Wait, so if I download this, then when I drag my finger up what determines if it launches the keyboard or the wave launcher?
    You cant have both. You will have to choose which is more important to you because they both use the same method. Sorry.
    Nevermind this post - was misunderstanding instructions, fixed it now .

Great work - nice to have a VKB on the old pre- (running 2.1.0 of course).
    Last edited by ncinerate; 12/14/2011 at 04:02 PM.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    I installed this as instructed in the first post. However, once Luna restarted i had some major issues.
    - my wallpaper was gone, replaced by all white
    - the wave launcher was missing an icon
    - the "battery icon as percentage" patch was not working,
    - the Glass Effect theme seemed to be not working
    - my launcher icons were not in their usual arrangement.

At that point i was sweating it, because i hadn't backed up. I used WOSQI to run VKB.sh again and "uninstall" it. It rebooted luna with the same behavior. I then did a full shutdown and restart and all was back to normal.

I'd like to use this patch, but am a bit hesitant. Did i do something wrong, or can i do something different so this will work?

Edit: Pre+ with 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I installed this as instructed in the first post. However, once Luna restarted i had some major issues.
    - my wallpaper was gone, replaced by all white
    - the wave launcher was missing an icon
    - the "battery icon as percentage" patch was not working,
    - the Glass Effect theme seemed to be not working
    - my launcher icons were not in their usual arrangement.

At that point i was sweating it, because i hadn't backed up. I used WOSQI to run VKB.sh again and "uninstall" it. It rebooted luna with the same behavior. I then did a full shutdown and restart and all was back to normal.

I'd like to use this patch, but am a bit hesitant. Did i do something wrong, or can i do something different so this will work?

Edit: Pre+ with 2.1.
    Delete the lunaconfig patch and reinstall. Then run the script again. This is what I did when I had the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Delete the lunaconfig patch and reinstall. Then run the script again. This is what I did when I had the same problem
    I did it all using WOSQI this time and it worked fine. Thanks, laingman.
    Por favor alguien va a ayudarme??? explíquenme si estoy haciendo algo mal o no existe manera de parchar Luna para la nueva versión de WebOS en el Veer...2.2.4??? gracias muchachos!!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Once updated to 2.2.4 on pre2, the keyboard no longer working.. Kindly release the new patch..
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by richardedi View Post
    Por favor alguien va a ayudarme??? explíquenme si estoy haciendo algo mal o no existe manera de parchar Luna para la nueva versión de WebOS en el Veer...2.2.4??? gracias muchachos!!!!
    No la puede usar porque no va a trabajar con 2.2.4.

?Habla Ingles?
    Thanks guys, my English is good, I understand the forum and even upgraded my phone but no one answered my question about the keyboard and that's why I wrote it in Spanish jejejejejej .... thanks again .... I'm from Ecuador and I think just me and ten other people have these excellent machines in my country .. good job ......!!!!
    Can this please be updated to work on 2.2.4 on the Pre3? Thank you!!!