Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    As of webOS 3.0.4, the Music player supports Ogg Vorbis and FLAC files. Unfortunately the file indexer doesn't correctly parse all Ogg Vorbis files. It only supports files where the fields are all uppercase, so ARTIST is ok but Artist is not. Many of my files were showing up under Unknown Artist, Unknown Album, etc. The files themselves do play, but they're nearly impossible to find.

Vorbis comment fields are supposed to be case-insensitive, so this patch updates the file indexer to support Vorbis comment fields of any case. I believe FLAC uses the same comment format so this patch MAY work for FLAC files as well, but I haven't tested it.

After installing this patch, you'll need to get the file indexer to run again. I'm not sure about the best way to do this. I renamed my top level music directory, unmounted my TouchPad, let the music indexer run, then renamed the directory again to its original name and let the music indexer run again. That seemed to do the trick.

Nick

ps - this is my first patch submission so if I am doing something wrong please yell at me gently
    Attached Files Attached Files