Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody know the solution to these two little problems that just started appearing?

Problem #1: When I open Tweaks (v1.6.1), I get that spin-out circle for quite some time, then an error dialog pops up:

Unknown Service Error
    Configuration could not be loaded since the service returned an error!

It presents an OK button. I click that and the error dialog goes away and no tweaks are listed.

I have very few tweaks loaded. I have "Advanced Reset Options", "Max Blocker" and "Remove Dropped Packets Logging". These were installed several weeks ago.

Problem #2: I also tried to open up Preware to get a list of all that I have installed and I get this error:

"Unable to open saved packages database: Transaction Failure (code 1): unable to open a transaction to the database"

When I do a full reboot, these Problem #2 goes away for a short while but always come back. I can't figure out how to get problem #1 to go away.

Do I have a problem looming in the distance?

Update: I uninstalled UberCalendar HD, since the problems started to appear not too long after I installed that Patch. When I restarted Luna, the problem #1 disappeared. Hmmm.....

Update: The problems came back. Arrrrgh.
    Last edited by jblather; 10/18/2011 at 06:35 PM.
    Me too. At least on problem number 1. I didn't install tweaks until after 3.0.4, is it possible there is an error because of 3.0.4?
  3.    #3  
    I found out what the problem is. It seems it's on both 3.0.2 and 3.0.4:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3214265

One or more filesystems is getting full. It might be caused by a single app. You need to do a 'df -h' in a shell and look at which one(s) are full.

Please report back here on your findings. It would help us find out which apps are causing this.
    Last edited by jblather; 10/20/2011 at 12:52 AM.
    I dont really seem to have anything that is full:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 31.0M 13.2M 17.8M 43% /boot
    /dev/mapper/store-root
    559.1M 441.3M 117.7M 79% /
    /dev/mapper/store-root
    559.1M 441.3M 117.7M 79% /dev/.static/dev
    tmpfs 2.0M 208.0K 1.8M 10% /dev
    /dev/mapper/store-var
    62.0M 9.9M 52.1M 16% /var
    /dev/mapper/store-log
    23.2M 5.3M 17.9M 23% /var/log
    tmpfs 40.0M 192.0K 39.8M 0% /tmp
    tmpfs 16.0M 84.0K 15.9M 1% /var/run
    tmpfs 32.0M 8.0K 32.0M 0% /var/tmp
    tmpfs 459.7M 0 459.7M 0% /media/ram
    /dev/mapper/store-media
    25.5G 8.7G 16.8G 34% /media/internal
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    2.0G 1.1G 896.6M 56% /media/ext3fs
    cryptofs 25.5G 8.7G 16.8G 34% /media/cryptofs
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptodb
    240.0M 26.8M 213.1M 11% /var/db
    /dev/mapper/store-cryptofilecache
    127.5M 31.5M 96.0M 25% /var/file-cache
    /dev/mapper/store-ext3fs
    2.0G 1.1G 896.6M 56% /opt
  5.    #5  
    Yah, your filesystems look good.
    Just saw there was an update to tweaks. Something about installation of the service. Updated, and it still didn't work. So I uninstalled, and reinstalled.Still didn't work. So I uninstalled, restarted luna, then reinstalled.

Still didn't work. :P
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am having the same error as well. Every time I open up tweaks it give the "unknown service error" "configuration could not be loaded because the service returned an error"
    +1 about the tweaks app. I've been having this issue since the 3.0.3 version though. I've doctored this multiple times and haven't gotten any change.
    What service is it? I could install a special version with special logging, and pull some logs.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    having same issue as well, have tried to install it from quick install and preware, both same result. I had actually ran doctor on my touchpad then updated it to 3.04 so it was completely clean.
    +1

'Tweaks' : Unknown Service Error.
    OK with 3.0.2
    OTA to 3.0.4 then updated 'Tweaks'

~~~
    same for me on 3.0.4

webOS doctored and still same error
    I am getting the same error with 3.0.4. Only just tried to install after adding the custom gesture patch so can't say if it worked before. That said it did work on a previous TP I gave to my girlfriend that was running 3.0.2
    Just installed the latest version of Tweaks (1.6.3). No luck. Same error.
    Maybe Tweaks needs a 'tweak'?

Edit: Later.. Yay! 1.6.5 seems to sort it! Thanks!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/22/2011 at 02:45 AM.
    Ok apparently I'm ********, the fix that just worked for me is at the bottom of the webos internals tweaks page Application:Tweaks - WebOS Internals. The last question in the trouble shooting section was the one that fixed it for me, the one about installing the services manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiconDevil1 View Post
    Ok apparently I'm ********, the fix that just worked for me is at the bottom of the webos internals tweaks page Application:Tweaks - WebOS Internals. The last question in the trouble shooting section was the one that fixed it for me, the one about installing the services manually.
    how did you run the commands ? in command line on webOS quick install ? or what ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiconDevil1 View Post
    That did it for me also.

For others to do the same, you would need to have novacom on your computer, and put your device in dev mode (webos20090606)

then type novaterm in a terminal or command window. And then paste in the commands, so they are being run on your device.
    i opened a command prompt on my computer and typed novaterm and it wont do anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i just updated to 1.6.5 and it works perfectly now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast