1.    #1  
    Is sms tone per contact available for Pre3 owners?

Virtual keyboard?

More than 12 bookmarks?

Scrims?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Virtual keyboard?
    Not yet.
    There was an app for the original Pre's. And AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $a$ $patch$ $to$ $reveal$ $the$ $inbuilt$ $VKB$ $on$ $Pre$ $2$.
    But it's not yet available for Pre3.
    Given the excellent actual keyboard I never missed a virtual one.

More than 12 bookmarks?
    That question made me curious. I don't use bookmarks much - most of the stuff that I follow are RSS feeds in NewsRoom. But I had 11 Bookmarks so I added another 2 to get to 13. Turns out that there really is a limit to show only 12 Bookmarks in the thumbmail Bookmark overview. Weird. Strange design choice. The 13th bookmark *is* there and you can see it in the Bookmarks list - just not on the overview page.

Workaround: You can save Pages as Launcher Icons. Just add a launcher page - Name it Bookmarks - put any pages there and you can have as many as you want.

Scrims?
    Sorrry - no idea what that is.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Hm. Weird.

Right after I rote the above I noticed back- and forward buttons on the lower left corner of the Bookmarks page and pressing forward it brought me to a second page with the 13th BM.

But the buttons don't show all the time. Opening it a second time to check for gestures (don't work here - not cool) I don't see the buttons this time.

Bug
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    That question made me curious. I don't use bookmarks much - most of the stuff that I follow are RSS feeds in NewsRoom. But I had 11 Bookmarks so I added another 2 to get to 13. Turns out that there really is a limit to show only 12 Bookmarks in the thumbmail Bookmark overview. Weird. Strange design choice.
    That's what I thought, and probably that's why there was a patch for previous versions which rectified that.

Scrims. Sorrry - no idea what that is.
    By scrims I meant those patches (scrim contacts, scrim email, etc...) by which you could set a different background on your Pre, as it is it's pretty dull.

I don't think I can live much longer without different text tones, TXT manager is not an option.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    The SMS tones per contact is in the "Advanced System Prefs-Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW)" patch for the Pre 3 in Preware.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The SMS tones per contact is in the "Advanced System Prefs-Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW)" patch for the Pre 3 in Preware.
    Okay, installed it, yet no option to configure tone for each contact, where's the trick?
    Okay, installed it, yet no option to configure tone for each contact, where's the trick?
    Select the user you want to modify in contacts, then there should be a little bell icon lower left. Hit that and set the tone. If it doesn't appear at first, hit Edit, then Done, and then it should appear.

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums