webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Charging Alert Sound Preference
[Patch] Charging Alert Sound Preference
View Poll Results: Did the patch help?
Yes, thanks 18 81.82%
No, have reported my problem 3 13.64%
No thanks, I don't need this patch 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

  Reply
Like Tree4Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12/22/2011, 05:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
juggernaut's Avatar
 
Posts: 104
did you try to run EPR already ?
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2011, 07:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
did you try to run EPR already ?
just did now and it removed them all so its all good again just reinstalling the other patches now
tdkeaveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2011, 01:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 64
I just updated to 2.4.4 yesterday. I removed all patches as well as preware itself before doing the OTA update. Got preware re-installed today and cannot find this essential patch.

I have to turn off that infernal touchstone bing bong. I actually cannot believe that Palm software engineers themselves have not changed this yet. Especially in the car the Pre2 goes into and out of charging constantly. I can ignore a vibration but the bong has been driving people nuts since 06 June 2009.
jdlyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 04:54 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
checkmate's Avatar
 
Posts: 926
Palm has always loved this 'feature' for some reason! Both my Treo and Centro insisted on making a 'Boo-beep' sound everytime I put 'em on charge.
__________________
HP Pre 3 (UK)
checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2012, 04:56 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 30
Hope to see an update for 2.2.4
__________________
Palm m100 -> m505 -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> iPhone 3Gs -> Palm Pre 2 -> Veer, Pre 3 & iPhone 4S
ederic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2012, 12:31 AM   #46 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
BBooDad's Avatar
 
Posts: 405
I tried, didn't work with US Verizon Pre3 2.2.4. But I sure appreciate your work for it! webOS has a lot of heart and soul in it from devs like you.
__________________
-
- my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
- Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
BBooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2012, 01:19 AM   #47 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 2,400
It does work on my Veer 2.2.4 when using the patch from the 2.1.2 feed of Preware. Just add the 2.1.2 patches feed and you should be able to install
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2012, 02:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
CptOx's Avatar
 
Posts: 168
My successful path with this patch after many attempts:
European Pre3 2.2.4 with Preware 1.9.10.
Install from Preware: AUSMT Scripts 1.2.1 (without this patch older version patches didn't install in my Pre3).
Then add the 2.2.0 patches feed (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.2.0) to Preware feeds.
And finally install the Charging Alert Sound Preference 2.2.0-60.

Also works Charging Alert Vibrate Only 2.1.2-31 of michote from 2.1.2 patches feed.

P.S.: Remember you do not have to update to version 2.2.3-44 because the patch will no longer function.
__________________
Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
CptOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 11:09 AM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 44
I'd love to install this patch (either that or throw my Pre3 out the window next time it 'bing-bongs!!' at me all night long!!!), but it doesn't show in Preware for me - even when I search in the 'List of Everything' and after installing AUSMT Scripts. What am I doing wrong??

Please respond quickly - my Pre3's life depends on it..... :-)
dpaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 01:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
CptOx's Avatar
 
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaus View Post
I'd love to install this patch (either that or throw my Pre3 out the window next time it 'bing-bongs!!' at me all night long!!!), but it doesn't show in Preware for me - even when I search in the 'List of Everything' and after installing AUSMT Scripts. What am I doing wrong??

Please respond quickly - my Pre3's life depends on it..... :-)
Don't throw your Pre3 !! It is a protected species under threat of extinction!!

Your have added the 2.2.0 patches feed (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.2.0) to Preware feeds?

Only with this particular feed added (not standard installed with Preware with ours Pre3 2.2.4) you can see "Charging Alert Sound Preference" patch version 2.2.0-60 in Preware.

P.S.: Remember you do not have to update to version 2.2.3-44 because the patch will no longer function.
__________________
Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
CptOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2012, 01:32 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
Don't throw your Pre3 !! It is a protected species under threat of extinction!!

Your have added the 2.2.0 patches feed (ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.2.0) to Preware feeds?

Only with this particular feed added (not standard installed with Preware with ours Pre3 2.2.4) you can see "Charging Alert Sound Preference" patch version 2.2.0-60 in Preware.

P.S.: Remember you do not have to update to version 2.2.3-44 because the patch will no longer function.
Thanks for the URL for the 2.2.0 feed - I was able to get that added to preware and now see the patch. But when i try to install it (I have WebOS 2.2.4 build 3175 BTW), it fails. Postint says '1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistants.js.rej'

I wish I could e-mail the report to you, but I've never been able to get my Pre3 to SEND e-mails (receives fine, and I'm using the same settings that worked with my Pre - pop3, no encryption, port #110, no authentication)

Any ideas? (I'm holding my Pre3 over the window ledge as we speak.....)


EDIT: did a full re-start and tried again; same result

EDIT2: with a little help from our service provider, I got outbound e-mails working! So if it would help to see the preware error report, just let me know where to send it to. And Thanks!!

Last edited by dpaus; 09/22/2012 at 02:07 PM.
dpaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2012, 09:53 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
CptOx's Avatar
 
Posts: 168
Hi dpaus.

I am not a programmer, only a trial-error user. But with my experience this '1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistants.js.rej' Postint message it is about a previous patch applied in top bar that conflicts with Charging Alert Sound Preference patch.

Some times it works to me: uninstall all top bar related patches, full re-start, install the Charging Alert Sound Preference patch and then reinstall one-by-one the uninstalled patches.

And if you did not know, there are other patches that change the charging alert sound: the Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs patch from Sconix.
This patch has some requirements to avoid conflicts and need to be installed first the Advanced System Prefs - Framework patch.
All is explained here: Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - WebOS Internals and later in this page Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - System Prefs - WebOS Internals
under "Sound Settings (Formerly named Sounds & Ringtones)" and "System Notifications" paragraphs.

P.S.: If these info don't work, ejem..., could you tell me your address to be under your window with a fishing net?
__________________
Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
CptOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: dpaus
Old 09/23/2012, 02:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
Hi dpaus.

I am not a programmer, only a trial-error user. But with my experience this '1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistants.js.rej' Postint message it is about a previous patch applied in top bar that conflicts with Charging Alert Sound Preference patch.

Some times it works to me: uninstall all top bar related patches, full re-start, install the Charging Alert Sound Preference patch and then reinstall one-by-one the uninstalled patches.

And if you did not know, there are other patches that change the charging alert sound: the Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs patch from Sconix.
This patch has some requirements to avoid conflicts and need to be installed first the Advanced System Prefs - Framework patch.
All is explained here: Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - WebOS Internals and later in this page Patch:AdvancedSystemPrefs - System Prefs - WebOS Internals
under "Sound Settings (Formerly named Sounds & Ringtones)" and "System Notifications" paragraphs.

P.S.: If these info don't work, ejem..., could you tell me your address to be under your window with a fishing net?
Woo-hoo - I managed to get the Sconix prefs installed and working, and I'm now enjoying silent charging. Now to see if it still insists on turning the screen on in the middle of the night when it decides to charge....

Thanks for your help!
dpaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 01:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 169
Works smoothly on my EU/WR meta-doctor impersonated 16 GB ATT Pre3 with 2.2.4. Installed emailed patch from post #1 with Internalz. Didn't want to tinker with alien preware feeds.

Thanks an awful lot, Sara!
ZehHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
charging, pre 3, sounds & ringtones

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0