3 13.64%
  • No thanks, I don't need this patch

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    This what I have installed from Sconix:
    Click to view quoted image
    Man, that screenshot is nice. Wish my Pre 2's screen was that big :/...
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    As far as making it work with Sconix's patches, which one of those Advanced Patches do you have installed? I guess there's going to be different combinations of installations, but will help me analyse, if and how I can make the patch work with those.
    My Sconix Patches on an AT&T Pre3, webos 2.2.3 build 2207:
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Framework (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Power Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Today Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Framework (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs (ATT/VZW)

Thanks and good luck! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help during the process, I'd be happy to test things out of you if needed!
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Man, that screenshot is nice. Wish my Pre 2's screen was that big :/...
    It's not all smooth sailing but it is pretty damned awesome. Niggles here and there but webOS brilliance is mostly intact.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    This patch helps you control the sound alert that you hear, when you connect a charger to your device.

A new preference is added to the 'Sounds and Ringtones' application to control this. The available options would be:
    Sound
    Vibrate
    Mute

I thought this would be a better way rather than create two different patches, one for Vibrate and one for None.

And because the patch makes use of the System Preferences storage, you should be able to use it along with apps like Mode Switcher to set different preferences for different modes. Say Vibrate for 'Work' mode, Sound for 'Home' mode, Mute for 'Car' mode, etc. I haven't tested it with Mode Switcher personally, but just a thought.

Edit 1:
    Patch updated so that it works on devices set to Non-English languages (DE, ES, FR, IT, etc)

I have tested this on my EU Pre 3 running 2.2.0 build 3171.

Please post back your results.

Thanks.
    Thank you so much, the patch works excellent on my German Pre3. I've been searching for so long. Keep it up ...!!!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    This what I have installed from Sconix:
    Click to view quoted image

EU Pre 3 here, happy to test. I REALLY like you're patch and am shattered I cat use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    My Sconix Patches on an AT&T Pre3, webos 2.2.3 build 2207:
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Framework (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Power Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Menus - Today Menu (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Framework (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW)
    Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs (ATT/VZW)

Thanks and good luck! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help during the process, I'd be happy to test things out of you if needed!
    I had to install each Advanced patch and see what file(s) it modifies. These are the ones that seem to have overlapping changes and create a conflict possibly:

- Advanced System Behavior
    - Advanced System Menus - Framework
    - Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu
    - Advanced System Menus - Power Menu
    - Advanced System Prefs - Framework
    - Advanced System Prefs - System Prefs

Each one of you might have one or more of these patches installed. The challenge is going to make this patch work with each of those combinations.

Or should I just provide a version of the patch assuming all the above patches would be installed by you? Let me know your thoughts.
    It seems to me like all the patches you listed as conflicting are pretty widely used - I can't speak definitively for anyone else, but I definitely use all of those patches on my Pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
    I have updated the patch file (refer First Post). It should now work with Non-English user interface languages like German, Spanish, French.
    I'm afraid I still see the same behaviour when installing the patch (i.e., the whole control panel sounds won't work any more).
    I re-downloaded the version "charging alert sound preference v2.2.0-49"
    Does the "works with German"- statement refer to any other version?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjuggles View Post
    I'm afraid I still see the same behaviour when installing the patch (i.e., the whole control panel sounds won't work any more).
    I re-downloaded the version "charging alert sound preference v2.2.0-49"
    Does the "works with German"- statement refer to any other version?
    Oops, did you try installing using the .patch file from the First post here?

I guess I forgot to resubmit the patch to Preware feeds, after I fixed it for non-English languages. I'll go home and do that as the first thing.
  9.    #29  
    Oops, did you try installing using the .patch file from the First post here?

I guess I forgot to resubmit the patch to Preware feeds, after I fixed it for non-English languages. I'll go home and do that as the first thing.
    Updated patch submitted to Preware. Should soon be available to you, once it is approved.
    Updated patch submitted to Preware. Should soon be available to you, once it is approved.
    One annoyance less: the nervegrinding pinging when putting my Pre on the charger is gone.
    Thanks from my co-workers sharing the cubicle ;-)
    sara.ramli likes this.
    With Spain:Spanish locale (es-es) and Advanced System Menu (ASM) - Framework, ASM - Device Menu, ASM - Power Menu and other seven patches (but no Advanced System Prefs patches or other Advanced patches) the "Charging Alert Sound Preference" install and works perfectly.
    P.D.: I knew that you already asked for Spanish translation but if but if you ever take out a new revision, "Charger": "Cargador" and "Notification": "Aviso", the three options perfect in Spanish. Thanks for the patch!
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Espaņol_Espaņa, es_es)
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by CptOx View Post
    With Spain:Spanish locale (es-es) and Advanced System Menu (ASM) - Framework, ASM - Device Menu, ASM - Power Menu and other seven patches (but no Advanced System Prefs patches or other Advanced patches) the "Charging Alert Sound Preference" install and works perfectly.
    P.D.: I knew that you already asked for Spanish translation but if but if you ever take out a new revision, "Charger": "Cargador" and "Notification": "Aviso", the three options perfect in Spanish. Thanks for the patch!
    Thanks. Have updated the patch with these translations. Available in the first post now.
    Submitted to Preware as well. Should be available there shortly.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I don't have any of the advanced system patches installed. If they were not able to disable that annoying charging notification, I would have chosen your patch anyway. Thanks.
    How do I remove it?

Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    just got back from vacations ... happily tried to install new version, but it still gives me an installation error ?
  16. BoP
    Hi!
    Unfortunately my Pre3 does not like to install your potentially very useful patch when downloaded via Preware. The log says:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-charging-alert-sound-preference.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    any Ideas?
    Best regards,
    BoP
    The reason this conflicts with Sconix's patches is that it is already incorporated into the Advanced System Preferences - Phone Preferences patch. If you have it installed, go to the Sound Settings 'app' and then scroll down to System Notifications and "Charger" to make changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    The reason this conflicts with Sconix's patches is that it is already incorporated into the Advanced System Preferences - Phone Preferences patch.
    Yep, that's probably it. But even if I remove temporarily Advanced System Preferences - Phone Preferences patch and then try to remove Charging Alert Sound Preference, it'll still stay there, can't update or remove, does anyone know how to get rid of stubborn patches like this one?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Yep, that's probably it. But even if I remove temporarily Advanced System Preferences - Phone Preferences patch and then try to remove Charging Alert Sound Preference, it'll still stay there, can't update or remove, does anyone know how to get rid of stubborn patches like this one?
    Does anyone have an answer to how to remove this patch?

I updated to 2.2.4, but not without removing the patches. Now I would like to try the Advanced System patches, but I can't install them. The Charging Alert Sound Preference patch no longer works and does not show up under patches. I have run EPR, but I still believe there are remnants of the Charging Alert Sound Preference patch somewhere on the phone that are preventing me from downloading the Advanced System patches.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    Does anyone have an answer to how to remove this patch?

I updated to 2.2.4, but not without removing the patches. Now I would like to try the Advanced System patches, but I can't install them. The Charging Alert Sound Preference patch no longer works and does not show up under patches. I have run EPR, but I still believe there are remnants of the Charging Alert Sound Preference patch somewhere on the phone that are preventing me from downloading the Advanced System patches.
    Haveing the same issues removing this patch after it didnt seem tp work any more after 2.2.4. i get this error log in preware, have done anything else yet.

any help would be great as this patch is very much appreciated

Code:
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-charging-alert-sound-preference.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    $begin$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    -$1$: $Unable$ $to$ $run$ $command$: $IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT$=/$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$ /$bin$/$sh$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$lib$/$ipkg$/$info$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$sounds$-$and$-$alerts$-$charging$-$alert$-$sound$-$preference$.$prerm$ $2$&$gt$;&$amp$;$1$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $4$ $out$ $of$ $4$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
    $begin$
    $Nothing$ $Interesting$.
    $failed$
    -$1$: $Unable$ $to$ $run$ $command$: $IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT$=/$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$ /$bin$/$sh$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$lib$/$ipkg$/$info$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$patches$.$sounds$-$and$-$alerts$-$charging$-$alert$-$sound$-$preference$.$prerm$ $2$&$gt$;&$amp$;$1$
    $Unreversed$ $patch$ $detected$! $Ignore$ -$R$? [$n$]
    $Apply$ $anyway$? [$n$]
    $4$ $out$ $of$ $4$ $hunks$ $ignored$ -- $saving$ $rejects$ $to$ $file$ $usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$rej$
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast