6 85.71%
  • No, have reported my problem

1 14.29%
  • No thanks, I don't need this patch

0 0%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sara.ramli
  1.    #1  
    I sorely missed the 'Resend' option that I used to have in my Treo 680's Messaging App, after moving to Pre 3.

So thought will whip out a patch and it turned out to be easier than thought.

And as I try to create this thread, I see that this has been a long-standing request in the forum with no matching patch either in this forum or in Preware.

As in here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...aging-app.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nd-option.html

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...nd-option.html

So doubly happy that I am not going to be the only one, to be benefited by this patch.

Edit: Submitted to Preware as well
    Edit 2: Available in Preware now

Here you go. Please post back your results. I have tested this with a EU (UK) Pre3 running webOS 2.2.0 build 3171
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sara.ramli; 10/08/2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: added OS build #
    wolfgart and sunsealeo like this.
    Damn I was hopping this was for 2.1 since my Pre2 occasionally fails to send my text messages.
    Hey Sara,

I tried installing this twice to no avail. No error messages, nothing. When I look if the patch was installed (Preware) it says yes but installed size = 0. Then when I go to the Messaging app to check it out, the option is never there. I did restart Luna after install.

Using: Pre 3 (UK); webOS v2.2, Build 3171

Cheerio,

cgsolano
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Damn I was hopping this was for 2.1 since my Pre2 occasionally fails to send my text messages.
    Don't have a Pre2 with me here, but just checked with WOSQI on the Pre 2 emulator (running 2.1.0 build 2120) and it works fine. You can try and let me know if it works for you.

I'll update the version compatibility in Preware, so that it becomes available there too for 2.1
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgsolano View Post
    Hey Sara,

I tried installing this twice to no avail. No error messages, nothing. When I look if the patch was installed (Preware) it says yes but installed size = 0. Then when I go to the Messaging app to check it out, the option is never there. I did restart Luna after install.

Cheerio,

cgsolano
    Am not sure if there is another conflicting patch - do you have any other patches installed for the Messaging app?

Installed size '0' probably leads us to believe that the installation did not go through well. Strange that you did not get any errors.

Have you tried via both WOSQI and Preware (it is available in the Patches feed now)?

Or if you had a patch for Messaging installed earlier and now removed, you can try running Emergency Patch Recovery followed by Emergency File Verification, both available in Preware -> Available Packages -> Linux Application -> Utilities.

Let me know how it goes.
  6.    #6  
    @cgsolano, Just checked this myself, and installation from Preware resulted in the same issue as you. (Installed size - 0, No errors in the ipkg log, but file not patched).

I've resubmitted the patch to Preware to see if it is going to solve the issue. Meanwhile, just use the patch file from the first post and install it using WOSQI. Works fine for me that way.

Hey Sara,

Cheerio,

cgsolano
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    Am not sure if there is another conflicting patch - do you have any other patches installed for the Messaging app?

Installed size '0' probably leads us to believe that the installation did not go through well. Strange that you did not get any errors.

Have you tried via both WOSQI and Preware (it is available in the Patches feed now)?

Or if you had a patch for Messaging installed earlier and now removed, you can try running Emergency Patch Recovery followed by Emergency File Verification, both available in Preware -> Available Packages -> Linux Application -> Utilities.

Let me know how it goes.
    @Sara,

I just tried again through both WOSQI and Preware and both methods were unsuccessful. I still get the "File size = 0" message with no error messages.

UPDATE: I tried with the patch on the first post and WOSQI and got the following error...

===============================================================================
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply the add-resend-option.patch
    Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch

Cheerio,

cgsolano
    Last edited by cgsolano; 10/18/2011 at 08:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The patch don't works on my FR Azerty Pre3. The patch is correctly installed this morning, but no new option in menu. Luna restart and device restart.
  9.    #9  
    @Sara,

I just tried again through both WOSQI and Preware and both methods were unsuccessful. I still get the "File size = 0" message with no error messages.

UPDATE: I tried with the patch on the first post and WOSQI and got the following error...

ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to apply the add-resend-option.patch
    Unable to connect to WebOS-Internals' servers
    Cannot download AUPT scripts for the patch

Cheerio,

cgsolano
    The preware feeds were down around that time as reported elsewhere on the forums. Can you try again and report back?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud333 View Post
    The patch don't works on my FR Azerty Pre3. The patch is correctly installed this morning, but no new option in menu. Luna restart and device restart.
    Can you mention how you installed the patch
    1. Preware
    2. WOSQI (using feed)
    3. WOSQI (using file from here)

Also, do you have any other patches for the messaging app or any of the Advanced patches installed? If yes, which ones?
  11.    #11  
    The preware feeds were down around that time as reported elsewhere on the forums. Can you try again and report back?
    @cgsolano Were you able to check again?
    I didn't try the patch on my Pre2 with 2.1.0, but I compiled my own patch which works. The offsets are different.

So the patch just copies the text to the text field? Need a way to automatically send it too.

EDIT: Add "this.considerForSend();" to your resend function to have it submit after copying the text. I wonder how this works with MMS.

It also seems like Preware doesn't have it the patch packaged correctly. Instead of the IPK, the patch file is empty.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 10/26/2011 at 11:40 AM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I didn't try the patch on my Pre2 with 2.1.0, but I compiled my own patch which works. The offsets are different.

So the patch just copies the text to the text field? Need a way to automatically send it too.

EDIT: Add "this.considerForSend();" to your resend function to have it submit after copying the text. I wonder how this works with MMS.

It also seems like Preware doesn't have it the patch packaged correctly. Instead of the IPK, the patch file is empty.
    Glad that you were able to customize it to your needs.

However, as I mentioned in my first post, I was just trying to mimic the behavior in my 680. I agree the word 'Resend' is misleading though.

And am not sure, what's wrong with the patch in the Preware feeds.
    Trying it now through Preware --the latest version of Preware --Installed size continues to be 0 (with no errors).
    Finally, this showed up in my Preware feeds for Pre 2. It is AWESOME. I don't know why we never had this before. Works GREAT!!!. I have to send multiple texts to my wife and her IPhone because she misses the first one and it doesn't have an alert light, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Finally, this showed up in my Preware feeds for Pre 2. It is AWESOME. I don't know why we never had this before. Works GREAT!!!. I have to send multiple texts to my wife and her IPhone because she misses the first one and it doesn't have an alert light, haha.
    I updated it last night to fix the 0 byte package issue and included the automatic resend function instead of a simple copy and paste that the original was. It definitely helps me because 1/20 of my texts fail for no reason and give an error.

Any possibility for webOS 1.x users?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Any possibility for webOS 1.x users?
    Yep. I don't have a device to test, but I'll incorporate it best I can sometime tonight.

Hey Sara!

I was FINALLY able to get it installed and runs fine (v 2.2.0-100). Works like a charm now. Thanks!
    1.4.5 version. Not tested.