1.    #1  
    At home I have a router/modem downstairs and separate, UTP5 cabled to this router, wireless access point upstairs, both using different IP addresses and channels.. The Pre3 apparently has a hard time automaticly switching connections when I go upstairs or downstairs. I tried changing channels, but that didn't help either. Sometimes if I try to connect manually I get a 'connection failed' error, even when I sit next to the access point. I never had this issue with my Pre Classic before and the network didn't change since I have the Pre3..
    So I blame it on a buggy wifi driver in the Pre3... Can somebody patch this? Thanks a lot..
    While patches can be versatile, modifying the drivers can't happen since they are binaries.

I would keep trying to configure your routers and AP settings. You could try manually assign IP address to the Pre3 to the same IP for both the router and AP.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    is the original AP still in range when you go upstairs? I don't see why the pre3 would change networks if the one it's on already is in range still.

For me, I have 1 wifi network at home and another one at work, I live about 0.4 miles from work, so I walk to work, the pre3 disconnects from home once I am out of range, and when I get in range to work it connects to it automatically, and even vibrates in my pocket because there is a captive portal at work, often time mistake it for someone calling me.

So wifi changing works fine for me!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have upstairs and downstairs APs in my home as well. They use the same SSID and my Pre3 has no problem jumping between them.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0