Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    I think I spotted a bug in the 1.5 version, When zomming in or out, when at a specific zoom value the screen turns blank (black).
    I forgot to mention that it does that. It has to do with 4x zoom level (currently 10x). It is a weird bug but you can zoom lower or higher to get the image back.
  2.    #142  
    After the breakthroughs by devwithoutpower, kjhenrie and knownboyofno in the last 24 hours.... The reader has finally tipped the scale towards awesomeness
    Wishlist :
    1) Password Protection. (The code already exists in pxxservice.jsjsjs $but$ $UI$ $for$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $as$ $pointed$ $out$ $by$ $devwithoutpower$ $in$ $another$ $thread$)
    2) Snappier. (maybe incorporate the arxservice file fix by filmor_ in the ipk.I haven't tried it manually yet)
    3) ?(anything else anyone)
    I updated the wish list in the OP to include your suggestions and others.
    After the breakthroughs by devwithoutpower, kjhenrie and knownboyofno in the last 24 hours.... The reader has finally tipped the scale towards awesomeness
    Wishlist :
    1) Password Protection. (The code already exists in pxxservice.jsjsjs $but$ $UI$ $for$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $as$ $pointed$ $out$ $by$ $devwithoutpower$ $in$ $another$ $thread$)
    2) Snappier. (maybe incorporate the arxservice file fix by filmor_ in the ipk.I haven't tried it manually yet)
    3) ?(anything else anyone)
    ad1) I have bad news ... I've implemented UI for this ... quite simple patch - but it turned out that arxservice does not fully support pp ... whatever the password given to it, it always return "protected document" ... so even if we have UI and support in JSJSJS ... $patch$ $in$ *$binary$* $arxservice$ $is$ $required$ - $not$ $impossible$, $but$ $showstopper$ $for$ $now$

ad2) if anyone is interested I can create simple app that will pre-render all pdf files (all pages at given resolution) ... will probably require patch for maximum cache size (currenty 200MB) ... you can let it run over night and you should no longer have problem with rendering speed ... or add menu item to existing Adobe Reader app
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I updated the wish list in the OP to include your suggestions and others.
    Thanks. Checked out the wish-list in the OP. That's THE dream!

The hyperlink and named user bookmarks would cover all bases w.r.t bookmarks. Really looking forward to these.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    ad1) I have bad news ... I've implemented UI for this ... quite simple patch - but it turned out that arxservice does not fully support pp ... whatever the password given to it, it always return "protected document" ... so even if we have UI and support in JSJSJS ... $patch$ $in$ *$binary$* $arxservice$ $is$ $required$ - $not$ $impossible$, $but$ $showstopper$ $for$ $now$

ad2) if anyone is interested I can create simple app that will pre-render all pdf files (all pages at given resolution) ... will probably require patch for maximum cache size (currenty 200MB) ... you can let it run over night and you should no longer have problem with rendering speed ... or add menu item to existing Adobe Reader app
    Thanks for the reply.
    So when a new PDF file is added after running the app overnight, would it require the app to be executed again?
    It's probably a dumb question :P , but just curious..
  6.    #146  
    I wonder if filmor_ can implement this in his mupdf based service.

This is a great idea. Personally I think it would be nice if there were cache all pdf files, cache the open pdf file, remove all pdf's from cache, and remove the open pdf from cache options in the menu. Thoughts?
    Thanks for the reply.
    So when a new PDF file is added after running the app overnight, would it require the app to be executed again?
    It's probably a dumb question :P , but just curious..
    There are no dumb questions...there are only dumb answers ....

...anyway - it depends ... BOTH options are possible
  8.    #148  
    Thanks. Checked out the wish-list in the OP. That's THE dream!

The hyperlink and named user bookmarks would cover all bases w.r.t bookmarks. Really looking forward to these.
    I set up the document database to allow for named user bookmarks but I haven't had time to go back and add the feature to the UI. I will work on it this week. Text oriented features like searching, hyperlinks, and annotations will require changes to the arxservice which we do not have the source for (or at least I don't) or it's possible that they can be exposed or implemented in the arxservice replacement that filmor_ is working on. I have a trick up my sleeve for annotations that might work if exposing/implementing them in the rendering service is not possible but it will require quite a bit of time.
  9.    #149  
    There are no dumb questions...there are only dumb answers ....
    Haha the way I heard it is there are no dumb answers only inquisitive idiots but honestly I like your version better.
    Personally I think it would be nice if there were cache all pdf files, cache the open pdf file, remove all pdf's from cache, and remove the open pdf from cache options in the menu. Thoughts?
    And 2 more:
    1. global setting for cache size and default render quality (now 1200x1200)
    2. local setting (per file) - render quality ... so you can render files that needs higher resolution without wasting space for files that don't really need hi-res pages
    kjhenrie likes this.
    Regarding v1.5, again many thanks. For me, though, as well as adding the new goodness it seemed to break the page turn function introduced in 1.3. This might have been due to edits I'd applied manually in the meantime.

I've edited in the fix for tapping at the bottom of the screen given in part 1 of devwithoutpower's patch at:

http://forums.precentral.net/native-...be-reader.html

and it's working fine for me now, but just a heads up in case this is affecting anyone else.
    Wish List

Complexity rating 1-5 with 1 being trivial and 5 being complex

1. Next/Previous page buttons (a tap at the top or bottom of the page would be ideal) - 2
    2. Scroll the thumbnail view list to the current page - 2
    3. Retain zoom level across page changes - 3
    4. Annotations - 5
    5. View password protected documents - ?
    6. Text search - ?
    7. Hyperlink support - ?
    8. Performance enhancements (filmor_'s renderer?) - ?
    9. Named user bookmarks - 2
    2. = 1
    in PagesBookmarksToaster.jsjsjs , function AfterOpenMain

this.currentTop = this.$.pages.$.scroller.top * (this.columns===undefined ? 0 : this.columns);this.currentPage;
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Regarding v1.5, again many thanks. For me, though, as well as adding the new goodness it seemed to break the page turn function introduced in 1.3. This might have been due to edits I'd applied manually in the meantime.

I've edited in the fix for tapping at the bottom of the screen given in part 1 of devwithoutpower's patch at:

http://forums.precentral.net/native-...be-reader.html

and it's working fine for me now, but just a heads up in case this is affecting anyone else.
    Page turning with the swipe and tap at the bottom are working with both of my touchpads on version 1.5, however, the original page turning patch responds to taps in a very narrow area at the bottom of the screen where the devwithoutpower patch responds to taps in the lower half and right/left thirds of the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  14.    #154  
    2. = 1
    in PagesBookmarksToaster.jsjsjs , function AfterOpenMain

this.currentTop = this.$.pages.$.scroller.top * (this.columns===undefined ? 0 : this.columns);this.currentPage;
    Nice, I will apply this and include it in the next build .
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey, guys! Incredible work you're doing and I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm trying out 1.5 now on my PDF file which has bookmarks, and the new bookmarks TOC view is present, but says "Document has no bookmarks". Is this a bug or have I done something wrong, do you think?

I'll attach my file. Maybe that will help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Page turning with the swipe and tap at the bottom are working with both of my touchpads on version 1.5, however, the original page turning patch responds to taps in a very narrow area at the bottom of the screen where the devwithoutpower patch responds to taps in the lower half and right/left thirds of the screen.

I had the same issue where I would tap the screen to bring up the menus but then it would change the page unless I hit almost in the center. That is why I didn't include it in patch.

If it's working for you then it was probably either something I'd done between applying 1.4 and 1.5 or just me being inaccurate with my taps and swiping... (though I did quite a lot of hunting and pecking!)
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I had the same issue where I would tap the screen to bring up the menus but then it would change the page unless I hit almost in the center. That is why I didn't include it in patch.
    We could reduce the tap area to something like the bottom third of the screen and the right or left quarter of the width. Something like:

Code:
        if(e.y > window.screen.height*2/3) {
        		if(e.x < window.screen.width/4)
        			this.previousPage();
        		else if(e.x > window.screen.width*3/4)
        			this.nextPage();	
        		return;
        	}
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    We could reduce the tap area to something like the bottom third of the screen and the right or left quarter of the width. Something like:

Code:
        if(e.y > window.screen.height*2/3) {
        		if(e.x < window.screen.width/4)
        			this.previousPage();
        		else if(e.x > window.screen.width*3/4)
        			this.nextPage();	
        		return;
        	}
    I thought about that. Well, I have the functionality in there and can expand it. I just had problems with bring up the menu from time to time when tapping. I will update the patch on next go with a larger area.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblues1969 View Post
    Hey, guys! Incredible work you're doing and I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm trying out 1.5 now on my PDF file which has bookmarks, and the new bookmarks TOC view is present, but says "Document has no bookmarks". Is this a bug or have I done something wrong, do you think?

I'll attach my file. Maybe that will help.
    There are 'invalid' characters in TOC ... but simple patch can fix your problem ...
    in PdfArea.jsjsjs, tocCallback function
    replace
    Code:
    			var r = JSON.parse(response);
    with
    Code:
    			var pattern = /[\n\r]/g;
    			var r = JSON.parse(response.replace(pattern,' '));
    Note: maybe pattern should be more robust - to strip more characters that JSON.parse cannot handle ...
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast