Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    I have the same problem, all my pdf go blank. Some take forever to load
    the last adobe update prevented me from deleting it and it was bust - without being a coder, and with the fact that my sound had gone I just webos doctored it back.

I then had the lastest adobe and installed the corresponding patch1.4

no problems, but each time I luna reset adobe wants me to install the latest version of the reader again - which negates the 1.4 patch, which I then have to put back on! - easy fix right, just don't update adobe each time it comes up again - but still what an annoyance!

has anyone else come across this problem?

edit: mmm, now the 1.4 patch doesn't seem to hold...will continue to try and reinstall it.

edit 2: got it back on. Strangely it won't have seemed to work, go and do a luna restart and doesn't work and as I am about to start over again ...it now works.
    Last edited by MeetsInTaverns; 10/24/2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Perhaps you can use 1.3. I can uninstall 1.4 then install 1.3
    it seems to be fine as long as I don't install the latest version of adobe reader, which I add IS already on my touchpad And has the 1.4 patch!

on another note, I love the idea of a bottom right next page tap - however as it so close to the corner it makes it difficult to do with a case on.

The right to left swipe doesn't ...work very well at present I have found.

is there a way to keep the same zoom size when pressing the next page tap?

(just questions, not negative fb btw, what the devs here at homebrew are doing is a thousand times better than what adobe are paying folk to do)
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_choi_2007 View Post
    I have the same problem, all my pdf go blank. Some take forever to load
    I have found that I have text but a percentage of my pdfs either won't display images now or I need to load them up a couple of time to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetsInTaverns View Post
    I have found that I have text but a percentage of my pdfs either won't display images now or I need to load them up a couple of time to work.
    I just uninstalled 1.4 and then install the version 1.3. No problem now
    it seems to be fine as long as I don't install the latest version of adobe reader, which I add IS already on my touchpad And has the 1.4 patch!

on another note, I love the idea of a bottom right next page tap - however as it so close to the corner it makes it difficult to do with a case on.

The right to left swipe doesn't ...work very well at present I have found.

is there a way to keep the same zoom size when pressing the next page tap?

(just questions, not negative fb btw, what the devs here at homebrew are doing is a thousand times better than what adobe are paying folk to do)
    I can't really make the swipe area larger because you would trigger it more than you would want to. You could uninstall adobe thru preware because they put in an uninstallation line in the code or you could take the line out. The same zoom across pages isn't "easy" might mean rewriting a good bit of code.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/24/2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: I will learn to spell 1 day
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_choi_2007 View Post
    I just uninstalled 1.4 and then install the version 1.3. No problem now
    I might do that then as for some reason the patch keeps not holding. I blame adobe. (I used to blame sony for all life's woes, now it's adobe)
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I just want to point out that it does lack several of the features of the patched Adobe Reader being discussed here, but the new Smart Office PDF reader from developer Picsel (available in the App Catalog) renders PDF files beautifully and quickly at any zoom level. It also does search. Bookmarks and offset are not supported, however.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I just want to point out that it does lack several of the features of the patched Adobe Reader being discussed here, but the new Smart Office PDF reader from developer Picsel (available in the App Catalog) renders PDF files beautifully and quickly at any zoom level. It also does search. Bookmarks and offset are not supported, however.
    That's good to know, although it seems to be nearly 8 pounds, which is 6 more than ez reader that I got from the android market after sticking the dual boot on my touchpad.

It has full annotation, book marks and hyper links, downside is it's a little slow, but great for reading-and the full bookmarks make it quick enough.

Still, I'm payimg much attention to what the devs at homebrew are doing, all good stuff.
    the last adobe update prevented me from deleting it and it was bust - without being a coder, and with the fact that my sound had gone I just webos doctored it back.

I then had the lastest adobe and installed the corresponding patch1.4

no problems, but each time I luna reset adobe wants me to install the latest version of the reader again - which negates the 1.4 patch, which I then have to put back on! - easy fix right, just don't update adobe each time it comes up again - but still what an annoyance!

has anyone else come across this problem?

edit: mmm, now the 1.4 patch doesn't seem to hold...will continue to try and reinstall it.

edit 2: got it back on. Strangely it won't have seemed to work, go and do a luna restart and doesn't work and as I am about to start over again ...it now works.
    FYI when you can't uninstall adobe from the launcher, go to preware and uninstall it from your installed packages/applications. Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    FYI when you can't uninstall adobe from the launcher, go to preware and uninstall it from your installed packages/applications. Worked for me.
    cheers
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Is there any hope of a new 1.5 version that would have the bookmark TOC function enabled?
    I'm also in desperate need for hyperlinks inside the PDF file to be supported.

Trying to use the Touchpad as a sheet music viewer and having page title as a bookmark rather than an unreadable thumbnail is much preferable.

Thanks to all of you involved for your hard work!
  14.    #134  
    Version 1.5 has been uploaded with some awesome new features and bug fixes. See the OP for details and credits!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Version 1.5 has been uploaded with some awesome new features and bug fixes. See the OP for details and credits!
    Just sent you an email. Since you put up the 1.5 already. I will edit your files and email the new file to you.
  16.    #136  
    If anyone already downloaded the 1.5 version you may want to download it again as knownboyofno added a bug fix. We should be good to go now.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I'll implement the ToC in my service so that it can be used with this patch. Might make the PDF reader finally useful for me

If you want you can incorporate it into your work
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    I'll implement the ToC in my service so that it can be used with this patch. Might make the PDF reader finally useful for me

If you want you can incorporate it into your work
    Cool . I agree this reader is really starting to take shape.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    After the breakthroughs by devwithoutpower, kjhenrie and knownboyofno in the last 24 hours.... The reader has finally tipped the scale towards awesomeness
    Wishlist :
    1) Password Protection. (The code already exists in pxxservice.jsjsjs $but$ $UI$ $for$ $it$ $doesn$'$t$ $as$ $pointed$ $out$ $by$ $devwithoutpower$ $in$ $another$ $thread$)
    2) Snappier. (maybe incorporate the arxservice file fix by filmor_ in the ipk.I haven't tried it manually yet)
    3) ?(anything else anyone)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I think I spotted a bug in the 1.5 version, When zomming in or out, when at a specific zoom value the screen turns blank (black).
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast