Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Got it working, found the spots, my case was limiting the swipes. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by BCPeter View Post
    Got it working, found the spots, my case was limiting the swipes. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Pete
    You should be able to tap the edge of the every bottom or the edge too! Happy all is well tho. Enjoy.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/12/2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: edge too
    I am still hoping that you will add a search or find function as I use this frequently on the computer version. Any chance that this is possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by DermMD View Post
    I am still hoping that you will add a search or find function as I use this frequently on the computer version. Any chance that this is possible?
    Short answer no. Long answer, the PDF reader makes images from the PDF then displays it. So it does actually have any text to search nor does it appear have an option for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Short answer no. Long answer, the PDF reader makes images from the PDF then displays it. So it does actually have any text to search nor does it appear have an option for it.
    Is there a pdf reader other than Acrobat that will read the text directly on the TP to enable a search function?
    Quote Originally Posted by DermMD View Post
    Is there a pdf reader other than Acrobat that will read the text directly on the TP to enable a search function?
    No, someone is developing one but it isn't done.
    Great work developing this! I thought another nice addition would be to increase the number of pages that load in the background (before and after my current page). I added a for statement in the currentPageChanged function in PxxArea.jsjsjs $that$ $seems$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $trick$.
    Would this be something of interest to add to the downloadable script?

Also, while adding this, I found a slight error in the PxxArea script. Under the richqtyChanged function the second to last function should read: this.requestCurrentPage(); (requestCurrentPage doesn't have input variables)

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wknaeble View Post
    Great work developing this! I thought another nice addition would be to increase the number of pages that load in the background (before and after my current page). I added a for statement in the currentPageChanged function in PxxArea.jsjsjs $that$ $seems$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $trick$.
    Would this be something of interest to add to the downloadable script?

Also, while adding this, I found a slight error in the PxxArea script. Under the richqtyChanged function the second to last function should read: this.requestCurrentPage(); (requestCurrentPage doesn't have input variables)

Thanks.
    I tried that but I had problems with it rendering the current page's thumbnail or full page. Let me see the code to see how you implemented the function. I changed that function from another one and forgot to change that. Tho it doesn't matter anyway lol...I will fix in any update.
    I tried that but I had problems with it rendering the current page's thumbnail or full page. Let me see the code to see how you implemented the function. I changed that function from another one and forgot to change that. Tho it doesn't matter anyway lol...I will fix in any update.
    I changed the if statements in the currentPageChanged function in PxxArea.jsjsjs.
    They now read:

for(var i=1; i<=5; i++){

if(this.currentPage - i > 0) {
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.thumbsZoom,2+i);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.pageZoom, 2+i);
    }

if(this.currentPage + i < this.pages) {
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.thumbsZoom,2+i);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.pageZoom, 2+i);
    }
    }

This should give the current page priority over the pages before and after.

I was also wondering if this should be called when the pdf quality is changed instead of this.requestCurrentPage().

hope this helps.
    I changed the if statements in the currentPageChanged function in PxxArea.jsjsjs.
    They now read:

for(var i=1; i<=5; i++){

this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.thumbsZoom,2+i);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.pageZoom, 2+i);
    }

this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.thumbsZoom,2+i);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.pageZoom, 2+i);
    }
    }

This should give the current page priority over the pages before and after.

I was also wondering if this should be called when the pdf quality is changed instead of this.requestCurrentPage().

hope this helps.
    You can try it and see how it works but you only need the current page. I don't mind you messing with the code. The code doesn't appear to render the previous pages for me at least until it renders the next pages. Have you seen that issue? I will PM you.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/14/2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Actually if someone would care to make the JSJSJS $code$ $for$ $this$, $adding$ $search$ $to$ $my$ $implementation$ $of$ $the$ $service$ $wouldn$'$t$ $take$ $long$ ($at$ $least$ $finding$ $and$ $showing$ $the$ $right$ $page$).
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Actually if someone would care to make the JSJSJS $code$ $for$ $this$, $adding$ $search$ $to$ $my$ $implementation$ $of$ $the$ $service$ $wouldn$'$t$ $take$ $long$ ($at$ $least$ $finding$ $and$ $showing$ $the$ $right$ $page$).
    You mean word search? PM me I will see what I can do.
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/14/2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: word
    You can try it and see how it works but you only need the current page. I don't mind you messing with the code. The code doesn't appear to render the previous pages for me at least until it renders the next pages. Have you seen that issue? I will PM you.
    (Just so you know I am not mad or anything like that. I am happy people are interested in this and looking at the code to improve it.) I remember now because that assumes that you have changed pages and does a doNavigationUpdate which increases the currentPage by 1. Do you see what I am talking about under currentPageChanged?
    (Just so you know I am not mad or anything like that. I am happy people are interested in this and looking at the code to improve it.) I remember now because that assumes that you have changed pages and does a doNavigationUpdate which increases the currentPage by 1. Do you see what I am talking about under currentPageChanged?
    You are right about the pages after rendering first. I had the wrong number system for the vip's. It should be:

for(var i=1; i<=5; i++){

this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.thumbsZoom,4*i-1);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.pageZoom, 4*i);
    }

this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.thumbsZoom,4*i-1);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.pageZoom, 4*i+1);
    }
    }

This should load the thumbsZoom for the next page first, thumbsZoom for the previous, pageZoom for the next, then pageZoom for the previous. (requestPage seems to call a function using vip and if vip>1 it will splice it into the waiting list at that value.)

Concerning the doNavigationUpdate, it will only increase the currentPage if this.currentPage has increased by one. this.currentPage starts counting from 0. this.pages, however, starts counting from 1.

No worries about questioning my coding. I am a novice in the area.
  15.    #75  
    (Just so you know I am not mad or anything like that. I am happy people are interested in this and looking at the code to improve it.)...
    I agree the more the merrier. I think I am going to hold off on updates until I get a better look at Picsel but I will be happy to add any patches to the build and upload them.
    You are right about the pages after rendering first. I had the wrong number system for the vip's. It should be:

for(var i=1; i<=5; i++){

this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.thumbsZoom,4*i-1);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage-i, this.pageZoom, 4*i);
    }

this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.thumbsZoom,4*i-1);
    this.requestPage(this.currentPage+i, this.pageZoom, 4*i+1);
    }
    }

This should load the thumbsZoom for the next page first, thumbsZoom for the previous, pageZoom for the next, then pageZoom for the previous. (requestPage seems to call a function using vip and if vip>1 it will splice it into the waiting list at that value.)

Concerning the doNavigationUpdate, it will only increase the currentPage if this.currentPage has increased by one. this.currentPage starts counting from 0. this.pages, however, starts counting from 1.

No worries about questioning my coding. I am a novice in the area.
    I remember having issues with the thumbnails not rendering or the some other page not rendering. So I am happy you are working on this too. I noticed that it renders the next and previous page too. I think it calls the currentPageChanged function too. It appears too behave no differently when either are called.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I agree the more the merrier. I think I am going to hold off on updates until I get a better look at Picsel but I will be happy to add any patches to the build and upload them.
    I was thinking the same thing but about the mupdf project.
    I remember having issues with the thumbnails not rendering or the some other page not rendering. So I am happy you are working on this too. I noticed that it renders the next and previous page too. I think it calls the currentPageChanged function too. It appears too behave no differently when either are called.
    I agree. The only difference would be that it would re-render the pages before and after the current page with the new setting. So it doesnt have to do that again when the page is changed. This would only become a bigger deal when we are rendering 5 pages before and after the current page.

That is fine about holding off on the updates, I didn't realize some alternatives were coming out soon.
    I agree. The only difference would be that it would re-render the pages before and after the current page with the new setting. So it doesnt have to do that again when the page is changed. This would only become a bigger deal when we are rendering 5 pages before and after the current page.

That is fine about holding off on the updates, I didn't realize some alternatives were coming out soon.
    It appears to do that already from what I have seen. I don't know. I am working backwards so I am not exactly sure how every works out yet.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Thanks for packaging this. The poor rendering of pdf files has been my biggest disappointment with the TouchPad so far. I was hoping to use it more for reading pdf magazines.

This patch motivated me to try the WebOS Quick Installer for the first time, and it went smoothly enough. I can clearly see the effect on text documents. Unfortunately I'm still a bit disappointed with the poor rendering of pdf image documents. The TouchPad doesn't render the page images nearly as well as my PC. It's clear that the PC is anti-aliasing at all zoom scales, while the TouchPad is not anti-aliasing at all, resulting in pretty ragged rendering of details when the image resolution doesn't match the screen resolution.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast