Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It might be time to rename the patch. The title is deceptively minor, the patch itself is impressively awesome. Thanks for all your work on it!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    It might be time to rename the patch. The title is deceptively minor, the patch itself is impressively awesome. Thanks for all your work on it!
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the kudos!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I've played with 1.2 a bit. Everything seems to be working properly. I do have a question about bookmarks. I can create and use bookmarks, they are retained when I close and re-open the document. So that's great. Should it be recognizing bookmarks that are already in the document to begin with? That is, not created on the Touchpad but part of the PDF originally? If not, but it would be possible to add that, that would be a great help.

Another suggestion, there is the page view that gives a mini view of multiple pages at once. (It looks like you borrowed code from this for the bookmarks.) It seems to me this would be more useful if, when you opened it, it automatically jumped to the page that you are on. Then you could use it to locate a page that is close to your current page. Instead, it always opens on page 1, or the last place you had it.

I think the last thing for my wishlist would be adding a search feature... not sure if that is possible but it would be pretty great....
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    excellent patch, fantastic work.
    thank you for the awesome patch. like it very much
    another feature that i hope to see is the previous and next page button so we dont have to swipe to go to previous/next page.
  6.    #46  
    I've played with 1.2 a bit. Everything seems to be working properly. I do have a question about bookmarks. I can create and use bookmarks, they are retained when I close and re-open the document. So that's great. Should it be recognizing bookmarks that are already in the document to begin with? That is, not created on the Touchpad but part of the PDF originally? If not, but it would be possible to add that, that would be a great help.
    Since parsing the PDF file is part of the native code adding this would be a lot more involved if even possible. The code has some lines commented out that appear to be a partial implementation of this. I am guessing at one point they intended to add it but for some reason it didn't make it in this version.

Another suggestion, there is the page view that gives a mini view of multiple pages at once. (It looks like you borrowed code from this for the bookmarks.) It seems to me this would be more useful if, when you opened it, it automatically jumped to the page that you are on. Then you could use it to locate a page that is close to your current page. Instead, it always opens on page 1, or the last place you had it.

I think the last thing for my wishlist would be adding a search feature... not sure if that is possible but it would be pretty great....
    This can be done though without digging into this part of the code more I am not sure how complicated it would be. I will start a wishlist in the OP and add it.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rey_z View Post
    thank you for the awesome patch. like it very much
    another feature that i hope to see is the previous and next page button so we dont have to swipe to go to previous/next page.
    I agree, this would be a nice feature. Adding it to the wish list.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    I looked into the code and I could see a possible reason for your account. I am going to PM you.
    Nevermind, I'm just an *****. It saves it but it turns it off when I quit out of the program, so I just needed to turn it on again. :P

Loving the bookmarks too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionark View Post
    Nevermind, I'm just an *****. It saves it but it turns it off when I quit out of the program, so I just needed to turn it on again. :P

Yeah, it isn't a good idea to keep it on because you wouldn't be able to get to the pages before with the goto field.
  10.    #50  
    I just uploaded version 1.3 which adds some nice features brought to you by knownboyofno. See the OP for details.

Edit: Oops! I posted the wrong download in the OP, it's fixed now.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 10/12/2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Just tried it, the new features are not working.
    Cheers
    Pete
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCPeter View Post
    Just tried it, the new features are not working.
    Cheers
    Pete
    Did you make sure it was the correct file? If so you might want to try downloading it again as it may not have been fully uploaded when you downloaded it. Also, if you downloaded the file I uploaded by accident you might want to uninstall it (Kindle Import) and install the version from preware or from here if you want the stable version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionark View Post

Added an auto on feature based on your comment. Check out the new version.
    Installed, thanks, but the page turn feature doesn't seem to be working.

Pete
    Installed, thanks, but the page turn feature doesn't seem to be working.

Pete
    Do you the other features? If so, try to tap the edge of the screen and let me know what happens.
  16.    #56  
    Page turn works for me. It took me a minute to find the hot spots but now I am turning forward and back. Swipes work too.
    The other features are good, any tap just brings up the toolbar.
    The other features are good, any tap just brings up the toolbar.
    Ok, good. Could you swipe your finger from off screen to on screen from the right or left side?
    Doesn't work.
    Doesn't work.
    Do you mind dropping a file onto your touchpad at a specific location?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast