Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    PDF Reader - Open on the Last Viewed Page

Like many of you I am pretty frustrated by the simple but necessary features missing from the WebOS PDF Reader. At the top of my list is the fact that it doesn't remember the last page you read.

I spent a bit of time working on this issue and attached a version of the IPK that solves this issue. The patched app also includes the awesome goto page patch written by knownboyofno (see this thread) and also the awesome zoom work done by sagipe as discussed here. I intend to make this part of the proposed uber patch being discussed here.

The database I created has support for bookmarks so that will be the next feature I will work on.

I approached this update in a way that makes it pretty easy to reverse, however, it required that I create a database to store the last viewed page for each book and the approach I took requires an ipk install.

Installation

1. Download the application from here
    2. Install

Uninstall

1. Delete the directory "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.arconfiguration" and all of its contents
    2. Delete the directory "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/patches" and all of its contents
    3. Modify the file "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/depends.jsjsjs&$quot$;

Change:

"source/patches/PxxView.jsjsjs&$quot$;, // $Patches$ ($modified$)
    "source/PxxService.jsjsjs&$quot$;,
    "source/patches/PxxArea.jsjsjs&$quot$;, // $Patches$ ($modified$)

To:

"source/PxxView.jsjsjs&$quot$;,
    "source/PxxService.jsjsjs&$quot$;,
    "source/PxxArea.jsjsjs&$quot$;,

4. Reboot the TP

WARNING: I am not responsible for any damage caused by installing and using this patched version of this application. INSTALL AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Brilliant!!!! The text and images on pdf files are so much clearer now... although the rendering is still slow. BUT I can live with that!

Thanks so much...
    Last edited by bkkcitiboi; 10/06/2011 at 10:03 PM.
    I could not up load a file from my TP and can not seem to load via desktop either
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    I could not up load a file from my TP and can not seem to load via desktop either
    Does anyone have the time to look at two pdfs that I have and see how they work on you TP?
    My pdfs don't load anymore after applying this patch, so I'm trying to uninstall this patch.

And I don't see directory called patches under the path /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source
    I do see a db folder under the configuration directory.

Also when I look at the depends.jsjsjs $to$ $make$ $the$ $change$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $the$ $lines$ $that$ $needs$ $to$ $be$ $modified$. $Please$ $help$!
    Last edited by 2ted; 10/08/2011 at 08:04 PM.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ted View Post
    My pdfs don't load anymore after applying this patch, so I'm trying to uninstall this patch.

And I don't see directory called patches under the path /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source
    I do see a db folder under the configuration directory.

Also when I look at the depends.jsjsjs $to$ $make$ $the$ $change$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $the$ $lines$ $that$ $needs$ $to$ $be$ $modified$. $Please$ $help$!
    Sounds like a botched install. You might want to try redownloading the ipk and trying another install. If that doesn't work I can send you the original ipk.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Yea, it was a botched install. The ipk doesn't seem to install properly through preware. So, I used WebOSQuick install and everything is good now. Thanks!
  7.    #27  
    Yea, it was a botched install. The ipk doesn't seem to install properly through preware. So, I used WebOSQuick install and everything is good now. Thanks!
    Good I am glad you were able to get it working.
  8.    #28  
    Knownboyofno has added two new features that I have included in version 1.1. See the original post for the download link and feature description.
    The new update is great; I'm not really sure what the offset option does though. When I set/on the option, I see additional numbers in parenthesis in the page number which I don't think I saw before.

Is there any fixed zoom patch in the works? Zooming every page on landscape must drive everyone nuts.
    The new update is great; I'm not really sure what the offset option does though. When I set/on the option, I see additional numbers in parenthesis in the page number which I don't think I saw before.

Is there any fixed zoom patch in the works? Zooming every page on landscape must drive everyone nuts.
    The offset works by taking the page you are on and setting that as the first page. Then if you were to put in page 50 it would find 50 + offset to get to page 50 of the book NOT of the pdf. I use it for textbooks. The number in parenthesis is the "actual" book's page number. We are working on patches....so give us some time.
    OK, I can see myself using the offset function. Thanks for the explanation.
    I have installed 1.0, now I want the 2 additional features provided by 1.1, do I need to uninstall 1.0 before I do the update? Is there a way to simply add the 2 new features without having to uninstall the 1.0? Thanks!
    I just installed 1.1 over 1.0. I don't seem to have any problems.
    It works. Thanks. I can see myself using the offset feature on textbooks in the near future, too.
    Happy to hear it.
    Love the patch. Any chance you could make it so that the offset saves for each PDF? If it's supposed to it doesn't for me in the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionark View Post
    Love the patch. Any chance you could make it so that the offset saves for each PDF? If it's supposed to it doesn't for me in the latest version.
    It does save for each page. (should) Try to reinstall it and try it again please. Let me know if it still doesn't.
    Each page or each PDF? It's stored while I'm viewing the PDF but when I close it, open another PDF, close that, and then open the first PDF it's gone. I first installed via palm-install (quick install doesn't work for me and neither does preware), and I reinstalled this morning and it still doesn't save. Everything else works beautifully though. The last page thing stores, but the offset doesn't.

I should say if it works for other people, then great, I'd probably chalk it up to my installation method. Just letting you know what happens on my touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionark View Post
    Each page or each PDF? It's stored while I'm viewing the PDF but when I close it, open another PDF, close that, and then open the first PDF it's gone. I first installed via palm-install (quick install doesn't work for me and neither does preware), and I reinstalled this morning and it still doesn't save. Everything else works beautifully though. The last page thing stores, but the offset doesn't.

I should say if it works for other people, then great, I'd probably chalk it up to my installation method. Just letting you know what happens on my touchpad.
    I looked into the code and I could see a possible reason for your account. I am going to PM you.
  20.    #40  
    I just uploaded patched version 1.2 which includes bookmarks. See the original post for a description and download link.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

akwebos77 likes this.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast