Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Cool, thanks. Looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Offset is the difference between the actual page number and the page number you type in the goto page textfield (default 0). You can set the offset such that if you type 1 in the goto page textfield it goes to page 1 as listed in the table of contents instead of the first page in the document. To set the offset go to page 1 in the book according to the table of contents and/or the page number printed in the book and select "set".
    Good idea in theory, but it would be much better if the Offset field showed the correct page number. Right now the Offset field illogically changes to show the wrong non-offset page number after going to the correct offset page number. Why? We already have the standard page number field next to it showing the non-offset page number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Good idea in theory, but it would be much better if the Offset field showed the correct page number. Right now the Offset field illogically changes to show the wrong non-offset page number after going to the correct offset page number. Why? We already have the standard page number field next to it showing the non-offset page number.
    Well, if you look at the bottom of the page that shows the current page/total pages that is already there. Its in parentheses.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Is there any doc which show you how to use the patch?

There is one button I just do not know how to use it?

Also how do you turn pages?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgxb View Post
    Is there any doc which show you how to use the patch?

There is one button I just do not know how to use it?

Also how do you turn pages?
    To turn pages, touch either the left or right of the screen, just inside of where the gesture area would be.
    Last edited by Dogma; 12/05/2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    To turn pages, touch either the left or right of the screen, just inside of where the gesture area would be.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    This is marvelous. One of the advantages of reading a magazine on a tablet is the ability to zoom. My father-in-law thanks you (or he will, once he unwraps the TP ;-))

Any easy way to implement horizontal scrolling, if at least just to see a two-page spread more easily. (no snide comments from the peanut gallery; centerfolds are three pages wide. That's my next request.)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Need some help guys.
    I installed this patch a while ago and can't remember if I had any issues opening pdfs.
    Tried to open a pdf today and I had the red A on the screen and no pdf would actually load (tried three different files). The app seemed to just hang despite a luna and full restart.
    Made sure I was running the latest version of the Adobe reader-10.3.406 on TP running 3.0.4
    Went back to this thread and updated to 1.8.5. Rebooted. Now I got the following when trying to open a pdf:
    An error has occured with this file - support/ok

I went through the uninstall directions on page 1 and rebooted but got the same message.
    Reinstalled the 1.8.5 patch and no difference.
    I removed Quickoffice but have not deleted Adobe Reader yet (mostly cause I can't get the X to show when holding the icon).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    E
    Quote Originally Posted by eoren1 View Post
    Need some help guys.
    I installed this patch a while ago and can't remember if I had any issues opening pdfs.
    Tried to open a pdf today and I had the red A on the screen and no pdf would actually load (tried three different files). The app seemed to just hang despite a luna and full restart.
    Made sure I was running the latest version of the Adobe reader-10.3.406 on TP running 3.0.4
    Went back to this thread and updated to 1.8.5. Rebooted. Now I got the following when trying to open a pdf:
    An error has occured with this file - support/ok

I went through the uninstall directions on page 1 and rebooted but got the same message.
    Reinstalled the 1.8.5 patch and no difference.
    I removed Quickoffice but have not deleted Adobe Reader yet (mostly cause I can't get the X to show when holding the icon).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    E
    Adobe no longer allows you to uninstall In the latest version. So you go around it and uninstall it with preware. That sounds like your only option at this point.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks. That did it.
    Reader showed up after reboot.
    Installed 1.8.5 again and working well.
    Appreciate the quick response!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtlong View Post
    sorryvcan not seem to be able to attach a file
    Wrong target ...
    It would be great if you could please add the capability for supporting hyperlinks and embedded media (by clicking on/or touching a hyperlink, a media player will pop up and play the media contents being embedded in the PDF document and being referenced via the hyper link).

Thanks you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanvo View Post
    It would be great if you could please add the capability for supporting hyperlinks and embedded media (by clicking on/or touching a hyperlink, a media player will pop up and play the media contents being embedded in the PDF document and being referenced via the hyper link).

Thanks you very much!
    Is there a way to click on a chapter in the table of contents and have the reader jump to that chapter? I could do this with my sony clie (which was run with palmOS about 7 years ago) but the hp touchpad can't jump from chapter and section like the sony could (a terrible step back in technology!!!)

T.H.A.N.K.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by zloetakoe View Post
    Is there a way to click on a chapter in the table of contents and have the reader jump to that chapter? I could do this with my sony clie (which was run with palmOS about 7 years ago) but the hp touchpad can't jump from chapter and section like the sony could (a terrible step back in technology!!!)

T.H.A.N.K.S.
    Click on the button that looks like a page it has the bookmarks. It should have what you need.
  15.    #315  
    I just added the patch provided by devwithoutpower outlined here in a new minor version release. See the OP for details.
    So I can't open any PDFs. Any way to fix this?
  17.    #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoe24 View Post
    So I can't open any PDFs. Any way to fix this?
    If you are using 1.8.6 try 1.8.1. Some people have had problems opening some pdf's with the mupdf based renderer.
    Thinking I don't really need the "small improvement" of remembering the last page, for the longest time I skipped this thread. You really should get the thread title updated.

Two bugs/weird behaviours, both related to zooming:
    a) Pages will turn black for an intermediate zoom range somewhere between (estimated) 3x and the largest zoom. The page reappears when zooming further in or out.

b) When double tapping, it jumps right to the (mostly unusabe) largest zoom. Could this be changed this so it would zoom to the "native resolution" of the rendered page (which at 1800 would be about 2.4x)? Obviously this is the zoom where the PDF display still looks "best", and if anyone needs a zoom beyond that, he can always pinch ...
    Addendum: The handling of double tapping seems to be generally broken. When double tapping to return to full page view from any zoom, and moving the page in any direction (so the page will "bounce"), the zoom returns to the zoom factor before double tapping.

Otherwise: awesome work.
    Last edited by d12r; 12/11/2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Add
    Quote Originally Posted by d12r View Post
    Thinking I don't really need the "small improvement" of remembering the last page, for the longest time I skipped this thread. You really should get the thread title updated.

Two bugs/weird behaviours, both related to zooming:
    a) Pages will turn black for an intermediate zoom range somewhere between (estimated) 3x and the largest zoom. The page reappears when zooming further in or out.

b) When double tapping, it jumps right to the (mostly unusabe) largest zoom. Could this be changed this so it would zoom to the "native resolution" of the rendered page (which at 1800 would be about 2.4x)? Obviously this is the zoom where the PDF display still looks "best", and if anyone needs a zoom beyond that, he can always pinch ...
    Addendum: The handling of double tapping seems to be generally broken. When double tapping to return to full page view from any zoom, and moving the page in any direction (so the page will "bounce"), the zoom returns to the zoom factor before double tapping.

Otherwise: awesome work.
    a) Its a known bug that is beyond my control(as far as I can tell) and its 4x.
    b) Next update will have a set max zoom but not different zooms for double tap and pinch. (I don't see how to do this because 1 zoom is used for both actions)
    addendum- I will look into this bug.
  20.    #320  
    Okay I am finally taking the advice of the people suggesting this patch should be moved to a thread having a more meaningful name.

This downloads, instructions, and discussion for the PDF enhancements originally discussed in this thread have been moved to a properly named thread.

Please discontinue use of this thread and post suggestions and questions here.

If a moderator is listening please close this thread.