Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Hello. I just installed 1.8.5 on my new Touchpad and it works fine, however neither the last page I was viewing nor the bookmarks I set seem to be saved. The next time I load the pdf it starts back at the top and with the bookmark list empty. Any ideas :-( ?
    Hi, thanks for the great patch. Is there any chance this patch will enter the preware list?
    Quote Originally Posted by etibon View Post
    Hello. I just installed 1.8.5 on my new Touchpad and it works fine, however neither the last page I was viewing nor the bookmarks I set seem to be saved. The next time I load the pdf it starts back at the top and with the bookmark list empty. Any ideas :-( ?
    Has this happen before? If not, try it again to see if it is working or not. I will try to look into (after the holiday) but it is difficult to debug.

Quote Originally Posted by ee9clh View Post
    Hi, thanks for the great patch. Is there any chance this patch will enter the preware list?
    Short answer: no. This reason that it can't be is because Preware wouldn't be able to uninstall this patch for updating. It would just delete the files. This is being worked on but it isn't going to be ready any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Has this happen before? If not, try it again to see if it is working or not. I will try to look into (after the holiday) but it is difficult to debug.
    I'm a new Touchpad user so this is the first time I installed the patch. What do you advise? Should I uninstall it and install it again?
    I'm a new Touchpad user so this is the first time I installed the patch. What do you advise? Should I uninstall it and install it again?
    What version of WebOS do you have? How many PDFs have you tried that had the no saving problem?
    i downloaded the 1.8.5 on my tp and installed it (quickoffice right, using adobe reader for pdf?) and everytime i open a pdf it says "An error has occured with this file"
    even the official pdf.

any thoughts?
    what is "offset" and the othe roptoins, and what uis that left right arrow button next to quality at the top?
    What version of WebOS do you have? How many PDFs have you tried that had the no saving problem?
    I have 3.0.4. I tried about 6 I think. None of them saved. Where does the patch save the info relating to each pdf? Perhaps it's a permission issue?
  9.    #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdt15 View Post
    i downloaded the 1.8.5 on my tp and installed it (quickoffice right, using adobe reader for pdf?) and everytime i open a pdf it says "An error has occured with this file"
    even the official pdf.

any thoughts?
    Try version 1.8.0 and see if that works for you.

what is "offset" and the othe roptoins, and what uis that left right arrow button next to quality at the top?
    Offset is the difference between the actual page number and the page number you type in the goto page textfield (default 0). You can set the offset such that if you type 1 in the goto page textfield it goes to page 1 as listed in the table of contents instead of the first page in the document. To set the offset go to page 1 in the book according to the table of contents and/or the page number printed in the book and select "set".

The button with the left/right arrows will lock the horizontal scrollong in the set position. You can use this in conjunction with zoom to eliminate page margins in favor of larger, more readable text. The zoom level and horizontal position will be retained accross page turns.
    I have 3.0.4. I tried about 6 I think. None of them saved. Where does the patch save the info relating to each pdf? Perhaps it's a permission issue?
    That is weird. Try to reinstall it and see if that helps. It might be a bad install.
  11.    #291  
    The data is saved in a db8 database we created for the application. The database is created and permissions are granted when the application is installed. If you haven't already, try uninstalling the app using preware then download and install the patched version again. If this doesn't fix it you can try a different version.

If you are still not having any luck and you are feeling adventurous you can use Impostah (from preware) to look for a database with the name beginning with com.quickoffice.ar and see if exists and if it does you can look for book entries in it to see if the data is there.

Report back with your results.
  12.    #292  
    That is weird. Try to reinstall it and see if that helps. It might be a bad install.
    You beat me to it .
    even the official pdf.
    Installing version 1.8.0 instead of 1.8.5 worked for me when I was getting this error using 3.0.4 WebOS

Sean
    Thank you so much my friend! you are a life saver! how do you put it in 2 page mode?
    edit: can we add a search feature to the wish list similar to preview?
    Last edited by ashtaar; 11/29/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashtaar View Post
    Thank you so much my friend! you are a life saver! how do you put it in 2 page mode?
    edit: can we add a search feature to the wish list similar to preview?
    Both are listed on the 1st page under the wishlist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    The data is saved in a db8 database we created for the application. The database is created and permissions are granted when the application is installed. If you haven't already, try uninstalling the app using preware then download and install the patched version again. If this doesn't fix it you can try a different version.

If you are still not having any luck and you are feeling adventurous you can use Impostah (from preware) to look for a database with the name beginning with com.quickoffice.ar and see if exists and if it does you can look for book entries in it to see if the data is there.

Report back with your results.
    Right. I installed Impostah and sure enough I can't find any database starting with "com.quickoffice.ar" :-/.

I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling asap.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    There is an alternative service binary that you can use that works differently - but this is now what I am using, therefore any implementation from me will be 'optimized' for default app ... at least until HP provides regular updates for it...
    If you mean my service, it works exactly the same as the original service, the differences are implementation details. The biggest advantage is, that it is open source, so we can add functions whenever we like to. When I'm back from my holiday I will provide an interface in the service for reading and writing annotations. I think this is much more useful than using a db for this, although I don't exactly know how this will work on online docs as they are just downloaded to a temporary directory on use iirc.
    Would it be possible to change the "offset" feature so that page numbering doesn't have to start with "1" ?

(e.g. I for large e-books split up into one file per chapter with continuous page numbers)
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I noticed you noticed this thread http://forums.precentral.net/native-...s-support.html so I figured I would wait... but are you going to incorporate that patch, or something similar?
  20.    #300  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I noticed you noticed this thread http://forums.precentral.net/native-...s-support.html so I figured I would wait... but are you going to incorporate that patch, or something similar?
    Yes I plan on putting it in the next version.