Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    I have no Adobe Reader. I installed the 1.8.5 patch and then a couple of hours later there was an update for Quickoffice 2.1.2059. Installed the update and noticed that pdf's in Adobe reader were not as clear as before and that there was no L-M-H setting in the toolbar. Plus the previous patch eliminated the Zino Pdf's but now they are back. So I reinstalled the 1.8.5 update through Preware and now my Adobe reader launches to a blank page. It's still listed in the software manager but the box with the picture in it is empty. Any ideas as to what I should do next?
    Try a full device restart. If that doesn't work try downloading and installing 1.8.5 again. And finally if that doesn't work try downloading and installing 1.8.0.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by terpstmj View Post
    I just installed 1.8.5 and it is working great, but I am not able to see any of the pdf bookmarks from the original file (the ones I use on my computer) and in the user bookmarks pane I cannot scroll down to select my last bookmarks (the list snaps back to the top)
    By pdf bookmarks I assume you mean the table of contents embedded in the document and not bookmarks added through a desktop application. If so try installing 1.8.0 and see if they show up. I'll take a look at the user bookmarks bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Try a full device restart. If that doesn't work try downloading and installing 1.8.5 again. And finally if that doesn't work try downloading and installing 1.8.0.
    Thanks Kjhenrie. Installing 1.8.0 solved my problem. I now have Adobe reader back again. Question? Why is the l-m-h setting not in the toolbar? Text isn't as clear as before.
    I now see that Software Manager has updates for Hp Catalogue, Adobe Reader and Quickoffice. Updating these last time I think is where my problems started. Should I update?
    Last edited by grahamk; 11/13/2011 at 08:05 PM.
  4.    #244  
    Thanks Kjhenrie. Installing 1.8.0 solved my problem. I now have Adobe reader back again. Question? Why is the l-m-h setting not in the toolbar? Text isn't as clear as before.
    It doesn't sound like you have the patched version. Both 1.8.0 and 1.8.5 should have the l-m-h setting in the toolbar. Does it have the user bookmarks icon and panel?
    It has the pages panel, print button, the drop down page numbers and "save as". That's all. What about the updates?
  6.    #246  
    It has the pages panel, print button, the drop down page numbers and "save as". That's all. What about the updates?
    It sounds like the patched version did not install correctly. You can try uninstalling the Adobe Reader in Preware and then installing the patched version.
    Thank you very much. I can't tell you how much your code enhancements have changed my reading experience on the TouchPad.

I am wondering how difficult would it be to add the capability to categorize the PDF's in the reader. For example, create a folder for fiction, Science, Math, Politics, Sports, Food, Technology, etc.. I have a lot of PDF's and would love to be able to categorize them instead of having them in one long list in the reader.

Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks again.
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyGrafx View Post
    Thank you very much. I can't tell you how much your code enhancements have changed my reading experience on the TouchPad.

I am wondering how difficult would it be to add the capability to categorize the PDF's in the reader. For example, create a folder for fiction, Science, Math, Politics, Sports, Food, Technology, etc.. I have a lot of PDF's and would love to be able to categorize them instead of having them in one long list in the reader.

Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for the kudos. I agree completely, PDF organization is on my list of things to do. I intend to add a recent documents list too.
    Just discovered this patch and wanted to pass by and say "thank you"
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    after patching my pdf-app with latest 1.8.5 none of my pdf's will open.
    i get an error-message with two buttons: "support" and "ok"
    what to do?
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    after patching my pdf-app with latest 1.8.5 none of my pdf's will open.
    i get an error-message with two buttons: "support" and "ok"
    what to do?
    Try 1.8.0 which has the adobe rendering service.
    By pdf bookmarks I assume you mean the table of contents embedded in the document and not bookmarks added through a desktop application. If so try installing 1.8.0 and see if they show up. I'll take a look at the user bookmarks bug.
    switching to 1.8.0 allowed me to view the table of content, thanks for the help and for this great patch
    kjhenrie, how likely are you to implement annotation? Reading and marking up PDF's is the main purpose of a tablet for me, and I would likely never boot into Android if there were a useable annotation feature in an WebOS app. It's frustrating that even in Android, I've yet to find a PDF annotation app that isn't cumbersome to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ns6490 View Post
    ... Reading and marking up PDF's is the main purpose of a tablet for me, and I would likely never boot into Android if there were a useable annotation feature in an WebOS app. It's frustrating that even in Android, I've yet to find a PDF annotation app that isn't cumbersome to use.
    I am about to implement annotations (after I am finished with folder support in file manager) ... feel free to describe how would you like to use it ...
    kjhenrie and ns6490 like this.
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    I am about to implement annotations (after I am finished with folder support in file manager) ... feel free to describe how would you like to use it ...
    Excellent. Two features I have been wanting to work on but haven't had time yet. How do you intend to implement annotations? The only thing I could come up with is overlaying an html canvas over the page images.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    If you do that, we could also get support for "find". It's already in the code, I only need an interface to implement

I really dislike the original approach to that. The service could return bounding-boxes and pages for each found part of the text.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    How do I upgrade ? I have 1.6.5 installed. Should I simply install the latest version on top of that ? Or do I need to uninstall first?

TIA!
    You don't need to uninstall just install on top.

Also, the easiest way to uninstall it without having to edit the files is to uninstall adobe reader from preware. Just go to installed aplications/ adobe reader/ and remove. Then do a luna restart and it magically reappears in your downloads folder, clean and unpatched.
    Last edited by Dogma; 11/16/2011 at 11:03 PM.
    ... How do you intend to implement annotations? The only thing I could come up with is overlaying an html canvas over the page images.
    We will see... floating divs are one obvious choice...not the only one though ... still depends on how users want to use this feature so 'it is not cumbersome to use'
    I was so disappointed when I got my touchpad a couple of weeks ago, mostly because of the crappy PDF reader. This has totally changed my opinion! I am REALLY looking forward to annotations. Thanks!!