Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 326
Like Tree35Likes
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Try downloading to the computer and copy it to your Touchpad then try installing it from there.
    I've got it working now... I installed all versions starting from 1.4 and now 1.65 works correctly. I don't know why that would work, but if someone else runs into the problem it I'd something to try.
  2. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #202  
    I've switched to Boost.Thread and moved the actual rendering to a new thread. The program is much more responsive now. If someone could give me timing information (how long did the handler take to execute) I could improve this further

    (Download: same link as before)
  3. #203  
    So I tried installing these patches and the pdf viewer didn't work. It would just load and load and load and load and never display the file. I then followed the uninstall instructions... Aaaand the pdf viewer still doesn't work. Any possible fixes for this? I know other people said they had a similar problem and it kind of magically worked out, but it isn't working for me. One of the main reasons I have this device is to view pdfs, so.... Any help?

    EDIT - Got the uninstall to work, but now all I get is a white screen when using the pdf viewer. I could seriously use some suggestions on this. X|

    EDIT EDIT - So I got 1.6 working with a bunch of restarts and installing and fiddling. Maybe I'll try 1.6.5 again, but who knows if it'll work. Is anyone else having a lot of trouble with 1.6.5, or has it only been me and the other person who mentioned it earlier in this thread?
    Last edited by grantzomg; 11/07/2011 at 06:05 PM.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantzomg View Post
    So I tried installing these patches and the pdf viewer didn't work. It would just load and load and load and load and never display the file. I then followed the uninstall instructions... Aaaand the pdf viewer still doesn't work. Any possible fixes for this? I know other people said they had a similar problem and it kind of magically worked out, but it isn't working for me. One of the main reasons I have this device is to view pdfs, so.... Any help?
    Some things to try. If you haven't already do a full device restart. Try re-downloading the version you are interested in it's possible the download was corrupted. Try installing a different version and then re-installing the version of choice. Oh also, try more than one document.
  5. #205  
    I had the issue of pdf's not loading at all after installing 1.6.5. What I did to get it to work was reinstall all of the patches with WebOS Quick Install starting with 1.4 > 1.5 > 1.6 and now it's working. 1.6.5 seems to break it for me - just a heads up for anyone having issues. Just to be clear, I never uninstalled anything.
  6. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #206  
    It's simple, if things don't work with 1.6.5 either provide logs or the PDF file itself, preferably both. Just PM me.
  7.    #207  
    I just uploaded a few new versions (1.7.0, 1.7.5, 1.7.1, and 1.7.6). Read the descriptions in the OP to find out what each version includes. Enjoy!
  8. rajstruck's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I just uploaded a few new versions (1.7.0, 1.7.5, 1.7.1, and 1.7.6). Read the descriptions in the OP to find out what each version includes. Enjoy!
    Thanks a ton. Was eagerly anticipating these fixes. I'll test the new versions and leave feedback soon.
  9. rajstruck's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #209  
    First impressions:
    1.7.6 is snappy but it breaks bookmarks in most pdf files. Shows the (document has no bookmarks) prompt. Same with 1.7.5.
    1.7.1 works fine, can't find any quirks in it yet. Seems stable. This is the one I'm using now, but it's not as snappy as the mudpdf arxservice ones.

    The perpetual bug of blacking out at 4x zoom remains still.

    The new fixes are kickass to say the least. Thanks for the ordered page no. for user bookmarks.
  10. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #210  
    Please guys, you have to help me out here

    If a file doesn't work properly with my arxservice send me a sample via PM or give me a link or anything

    I'll make the logging more verbose, that way it might be enough to send me logs in a new version.
  11. #211  
    Thanks again.

    1.70/1.75 are working fine for me, but 1.71/1.76 are causing me problems. The pages:

    1) keep snapping back to a zoom setting that I don't want, even if I rezoom to the right place.
    2) when I change page I get taken to the place where (I think) the zoom was originally set, rather than the top left.

    Is there a way to make the new zoom 'take hold' or does it always remember the first zoom set for the document?

    My pdfs are copyright, so I'd rather not send them, and it's not any specific file that's causing a problem anyway, but where do I find the logs?

    Spyke
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Thanks again.

    1.70/1.75 are working fine for me, but 1.71/1.76 are causing me problems. The pages:

    1) keep snapping back to a zoom setting that I don't want, even if I rezoom to the right place.
    2) when I change page I get taken to the place where (I think) the zoom was originally set, rather than the top left.

    Is there a way to make the new zoom 'take hold' or does it always remember the first zoom set for the document?

    My pdfs are copyright, so I'd rather not send them, and it's not any specific file that's causing a problem anyway, but where do I find the logs?

    Spyke
    Thanks for testing these out. There is no need to send the logs for the behavior you are describing. This is part of the x/y page position feature in 1.7.1/.6. Knownboyofno is working on this enhancement so he might be able to describe the expected behavior better than I can.
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    First impressions:
    1.7.6 is snappy but it breaks bookmarks in most pdf files. Shows the (document has no bookmarks) prompt. Same with 1.7.5.
    1.7.1 works fine, can't find any quirks in it yet. Seems stable. This is the one I'm using now, but it's not as snappy as the mudpdf arxservice ones.

    The perpetual bug of blacking out at 4x zoom remains still.

    The new fixes are kickass to say the least. Thanks for the ordered page no. for user bookmarks.
    Thanks to you also for testing the new versions out. As filmor_ mentioned if you have a pdf that you are having the issue with that you can share please do.
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Please guys, you have to help me out here

    If a file doesn't work properly with my arxservice send me a sample via PM or give me a link or anything

    I'll make the logging more verbose, that way it might be enough to send me logs in a new version.
    Thanks again for your work on arxservice I am impressed. I haven't had a problem with bookmarks but I have only opened a few docs for testing code changes. I'll spend some time going through my collection and test both versions of the service and let you know what I find.
  15. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Thanks for testing these out. There is no need to send the logs for the behavior you are describing. This is part of the x/y page position feature in 1.7.1/.6. Knownboyofno is working on this enhancement so he might be able to describe the expected behavior better than I can.
    I think the problem here is that I "guessed" the actual rendering zoom-factor. I'll fix that and see if it changes things.

    /Edit: Hmm, it seems that I guessed right, at least for portrait pages …
    /Edit: No, also correct for landscape (off by only 2 pixels, this shouldn't be a problem). But I just read, that this also happens with 1.71, so it is a different construction site. Never mind …
    Last edited by filmor_; 11/10/2011 at 08:58 AM.
  16. #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Thanks again.

    1.70/1.75 are working fine for me, but 1.71/1.76 are causing me problems. The pages:

    1) keep snapping back to a zoom setting that I don't want, even if I rezoom to the right place.
    2) when I change page I get taken to the place where (I think) the zoom was originally set, rather than the top left.

    Is there a way to make the new zoom 'take hold' or does it always remember the first zoom set for the document?

    My pdfs are copyright, so I'd rather not send them, and it's not any specific file that's causing a problem anyway, but where do I find the logs?

    Spyke
    Sorry about that. I should have a working version by this weekend. With some new features added. So please bear with me. Thanks.
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Sorry about that. I should have a working version by this weekend. With some new features added. So please bear with me. Thanks.
    No problem at all. You guys have already got the reader to be eminently useable with v1.75.

    I can see what you're aiming for with the zoom improvements, and they're going to make the reader even better, so take your time!

    Many thanks yet again,

    Spyke
  18. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #218  
    I installed the 1.7.6 patch on top of the stock 3.0.4 (previously I had 1.3 on top of 3.0.2).

    It doesn't work well at all with image pdfs. With the first pdf I tried, the zoom was broken (2-finger zoom caused the image to pan off the screen without zooming). After a reboot zoom worked in that pdf, but was broken again in the same way with the next similar document I opened. Panning also doesn't work well - with a diagonal pan, it keeps jumping back to the start point. Horizontal and vertical pans I can get to stick, more or less (I say less because it seems to rethink the position and jump to a slight offset after a second or two).

    In any document, the page jumps slightly 3 times after displaying a new page or re-positioning, as it's re-evaluating 3 times before settling down.

    There's no "P" setting any more?

    Would it be better to install an earlier version of the patch for the moment so I can read?
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I installed the 1.7.6 patch on top of the stock 3.0.4 (previously I had 1.3 on top of 3.0.2).

    It doesn't work well at all with image pdfs. With the first pdf I tried, the zoom was broken (2-finger zoom caused the image to pan off the screen without zooming). After a reboot zoom worked in that pdf, but was broken again in the same way with the next similar document I opened. Panning also doesn't work well - with a diagonal pan, it keeps jumping back to the start point. Horizontal and vertical pans I can get to stick, more or less (I say less because it seems to rethink the position and jump to a slight offset after a second or two).

    In any document, the page jumps slightly 3 times after displaying a new page or re-positioning, as it's re-evaluating 3 times before settling down.

    There's no "P" setting any more?

    Would it be better to install an earlier version of the patch for the moment so I can read?
    Yea, sorry about the jumping back to the other position issue. That's my part of the code. I am working on a fix that should be out by this weekend.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I installed the 1.7.6 patch on top of the stock 3.0.4 (previously I had 1.3 on top of 3.0.2).

    It doesn't work well at all with image pdfs. With the first pdf I tried, the zoom was broken (2-finger zoom caused the image to pan off the screen without zooming). After a reboot zoom worked in that pdf, but was broken again in the same way with the next similar document I opened. Panning also doesn't work well - with a diagonal pan, it keeps jumping back to the start point. Horizontal and vertical pans I can get to stick, more or less (I say less because it seems to rethink the position and jump to a slight offset after a second or two).

    In any document, the page jumps slightly 3 times after displaying a new page or re-positioning, as it's re-evaluating 3 times before settling down.

    There's no "P" setting any more?

    Would it be better to install an earlier version of the patch for the moment so I can read?
    Try 1.7.5 or 1.7.0.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions