Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 326
Like Tree35Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    Really Like the new User Bookmarks.
    Thanks, I intend to wrap the bookmark text to facilitate longer names. In doing so this could actually serve as a basic notes feature that can be refined over time. Right now I allow more than one bookmark per page.
  2. rajstruck's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Thanks, I intend to wrap the bookmark text to facilitate longer names. In doing so this could actually serve as a basic notes feature that can be refined over time. Right now I allow more than one bookmark per page.
    Hey just noticed that in the User Bookmarks, the page order is not maintained if a higher numbered page is bookmarked before a lower numbered one. Not a big issue at all.
    But I think this feature would certainly give it a more organised feel.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajstruck View Post
    Hey just noticed that in the User Bookmarks, the page order is not maintained if a higher numbered page is bookmarked before a lower numbered one. Not a big issue at all.
    But I think this feature would certainly give it a more organised feel.
    I agree. I'll add this to the list of fixes.
  4. #184  
    Great work!

    I would love to be able to scroll between pages. Possible?
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCPeter View Post
    Great work!

    I would love to be able to scroll between pages. Possible?
    What do you mean? You should be able to scroll between pages now. (At least I can)
  6. #186  
    Rather than flipping to the next page, be able to see the bottom of one page, and the top of the next. This is particularly for reading sheet music.
  7. #187  
    confirmed that with 1.65, H no longer gives blank pages. The H speed is much quicker than before, but still slightly slower than L. But I have to say that the new H is faster than the older L (versions below 1.65) Now how do we tell the Adobe guys from a multi-billion corporation to do their software properly and with dedication. Thanks.

    I agree with BCPeter that we need an option button to allow us to scroll gracefully to the next page (e.g. see both pages as we scroll vertically AND horizontally), not just for reading music but for more control. Just imagine a Playboy spread that span 2 or 4 pages (either horizontally or vertically).
    Last edited by rockus_123; 11/04/2011 at 07:47 PM.
  8. #188  
    After the install, I don't see this patch listed in Preware. What am I missing?
  9. rajstruck's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    After the install, I don't see this patch listed in Preware. What am I missing?
    Its not a patch file. Its an ipk. So It is the application itself.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCPeter View Post
    Rather than flipping to the next page, be able to see the bottom of one page, and the top of the next. This is particularly for reading sheet music.
    Well, how it is made it can't do it yet. Let me look into something.
  11. #191  
    I had an issue with no pdf rendering with 1.65, so I tried following the uninstall directions but I noticed you repeated the same file name twice:
    3. Modify the file "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/depends.jsjsjs&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;/$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$quickoffice$.$ar$/$source$/$depends$.$js$&$quot$; $as$ $below$:
    Just following the directions with the single file, my reader is broken (white screened). IS there a second file name you meant to be there?

    Also, any idea why none of the pdfs are rendering, rather just giving the pdf symbol and pretending to load?


    EDIT: 1.60 works great for me (other than the occasional page starting to render, then going white, but 1.65 is broken on my TP).
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 11/05/2011 at 12:20 PM.
  12. #192  
    Infinite Jest,

    I've been using 1.65 with a variety of pdfs (very large and with a lot of graphics, 98 MB pdfs). They are all good for me. I have never uninstall since since I first installed version 1.1. Since then, I just install subsequent versions (including 1.65) on top without cleaning up or removing anything. I am not even sure if I supposed to clean up or uninstall before installing each new version, but since it works for me, I just assume that I don't need to uninstall. Maybe you should try a device reboot.
  13. #193  
    I find some issues with the latest 1.65. In older versions, while reading, you double tap to zoom in and out predictably and comfortably. With 1.65, when you double tap to the full size of the doc, then it's ok. Then you double tap to zoom in default, there are 2 issues:

    1. the zoom is too large or too close. Before, it was just right.
    2. when the large zoom is in, you just move the doc, then it blacks out and go back to the full size doc.
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    I find some issues with the latest 1.65. In older versions, while reading, you double tap to zoom in and out predictably and comfortably. With 1.65, when you double tap to the full size of the doc, then it's ok. Then you double tap to zoom in default, there are 2 issues:

    1. the zoom is too large or too close. Before, it was just right.
    2. when the large zoom is in, you just move the doc, then it blacks out and go back to the full size doc.
    The zoom is the same as 1.5 (should be anyway). I will make an option to adjust the zoom then. The second thing you noted about the black screen while zooming around 4x is a known bug. (I think it might be on HP's side. I don't know. I will work on it.)
  15. #195  
    Thanks knowboyofno.

    After some more testing, I agree with both kjhenrie and filmor_ that we should remove the L, M, since the speed is quite the same as H.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockus_123 View Post
    Thanks knowboyofno.

    After some more testing, I agree with both kjhenrie and filmor_ that we should remove the L, M, since the speed is quite the same as H.
    Well I am going to change L,M,H to have a higher quality. H is lower than the previous H patches but I am working on another option.
    Dogma and kjhenrie like this.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    I had an issue with no pdf rendering with 1.65, so I tried following the uninstall directions but I noticed you repeated the same file name twice:


    Just following the directions with the single file, my reader is broken (white screened). IS there a second file name you meant to be there?

    Also, any idea why none of the pdfs are rendering, rather just giving the pdf symbol and pretending to load?


    EDIT: 1.60 works great for me (other than the occasional page starting to render, then going white, but 1.65 is broken on my TP).
    Fixed the uninstall typo. You should only have to follow the uninstall directions if you want to go back to the unpatched version otherwise you can just install different versions right over the currently installed version.

    The issue you were seeing might be related to the document you were trying to open. If it's not confidential you can attach it to a post and I'll test it out. So far I favor the mupdf based rendering service over the default so any feedback is appreciated.
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Fixed the uninstall typo. You should only have to follow the uninstall directions if you want to go back to the unpatched version otherwise you can just install different versions right over the currently installed version.

    The issue you were seeing might be related to the document you were trying to open. If it's not confidential you can attach it to a post and I'll test it out. So far I favor the mupdf based rendering service over the default so any feedback is appreciated.
    I think I may be having the same issue as Infinite Jest. When I open a PDF, all I get is a adobe symbol. What's stranger is that after installing the new ipk and restarting, there have been no changes to the depends.jsjsjs $files$ $and$ $the$ $patch$ $directory$ $still$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$.

    for your info, I tried opening the PDF file that came with my touchpad about open source.

    is there something wrong with how I am installing? I came to this forum, clicked on the 1.65 link, and clicked install after preware opened.

    thanks.
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimyn View Post
    I think I may be having the same issue as Infinite Jest. When I open a PDF, all I get is a adobe symbol. What's stranger is that after installing the new ipk and restarting, there have been no changes to the depends.jsjsjs $files$ $and$ $the$ $patch$ $directory$ $still$ $doesn$'$t$ $exist$.

    for your info, I tried opening the PDF file that came with my touchpad about open source.

    is there something wrong with how I am installing? I came to this forum, clicked on the 1.65 link, and clicked install after preware opened.

    thanks.
    Try downloading to the computer and copy it to your Touchpad then try installing it from there.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCPeter View Post
    I would love to be able to scroll between pages. Possible?
    Possible ... but maybe it would be enough if you can easily switch between 'full page' mode (when only 1page is visible - this is what we have now) and '125% or 120% mode' when 100% of current page and 25 or 20% of next page is visible? This is really simple patch and probably should be enough for your needs...
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions