1.    #1  
    I understand that there is an app (or software?) that makes your phone go in airplane mode at times you set it, say at night. I've looked but can't find it, would you have a link?
    It's called Mode Switcher. There's a wiki, don't know the link though.

edit: here's the wiki:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...n:ModeSwitcher
    Last edited by frantid; 10/04/2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    If this is the only thing you want, then there is the "Battery Saver" app in Preware. You set the time that you want it to go in/come out of airplane mode daily. I've been using it on my Pre(s) for almost two years now and it works as advertised.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    If this is the only thing you want, then there is the "Battery Saver" app in Preware. You set the time that you want it to go in/come out of airplane mode daily. I've been using it on my Pre(s) for almost two years now and it works as advertised.
    That sounds like what I'm looking for. Where can I find the Preware?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwow View Post
    That sounds like what I'm looking for. Where can I find the Preware?
    Have found it. Now see if I can do this.
  6.    #6  
    Have found it. Now see if I can do this.
    I've got the application on my computer. How do I get it on my phone?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I've got the application on my computer. How do I get it on my phone?
    See if this can get you started. You should be able to use WebOS Quick Install to put whatever you want on the phone. Once you install Preware, you can install apps and patches from your phone directly without Quick Install.

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Gary
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    See if this can get you started. You should be able to use WebOS Quick Install to put whatever you want on the phone. Once you install Preware, you can install apps and patches from your phone directly without Quick Install.

How to Use Preware for Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Gary
    How do I download the web os quick install? I just don't see a link or 'download here' or something. Or will it become self-evident once I've done step 1 and 2 (on the phone)?
  9.    #9  
    How do I download the web os quick install? I just don't see a link or 'download here' or something. Or will it become self-evident once I've done step 1 and 2 (on the phone)?
    I've done it now, thanks all (still couldn't find where to download the web os quick install just for your info).
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I've done it now, thanks all (still couldn't find where to download the web os quick install just for your info).
    Glad you got it sorted out. Sorry I was too late to help.