1.    #1  
    Searching around reveals that there was indeed an orientation lock for webos versions below 2.0, but on the pre 3 it really is a lacking feature given that all other modern platforms have it. Ideally a global lock would be great, but just the browser and maybe email apps would be a huge deal too. If using the open slider to activate the rotation lock is the easiest way to do it it seems quite an intuitive and easy method the user too.

Please can somebody do this, it's the only patch I and I'm sure many others are desperate for!
    Quote Originally Posted by safetravels View Post
    Searching around reveals that there was indeed an orientation lock for webos versions below 2.0, but on the pre 3 it really is a lacking feature given that all other modern platforms have it. Ideally a global lock would be great, but just the browser and maybe email apps would be a huge deal too. If using the open slider to activate the rotation lock is the easiest way to do it it seems quite an intuitive and easy method the user too.

Please can somebody do this, it's the only patch I and I'm sure many others are desperate for!
    I'd want it in the device dropdown like it is in WebOS 3.0
  3.    #3  
    that would be great too, don't know if it would be more effort to code, but please somebody do something!
  4.    #4  
    does nobody else think this is a big deal? honestly, if I could change just one thing about my pre 3it would be this...
    There is an orientation lock for the browser avail @webosroundup by Jarrett:
    (Pre3) Browser Orientation Lock | webOSroundup
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    There is an orientation lock for the browser avail @webosroundup by Jarrett:
    (Pre3) Browser Orientation Lock | webOSroundup
    I can only get this to lock in portrait and not landscape?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    I'd want it in the device dropdown like it is in WebOS 3.0
    i too would love this.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i too would love this.

Me too. Thanks to all the developpers still working on webOS.
    +2 here.
    I see pandas.
    +100

The Pre 3's accelerometer seems really sensitive. Even a slight tilt rotates my screen. Would love a rotation lock.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Please, please, please make an orientation lock. It is driving me nuts on my Pre3.
    I hate to bump threads but this really needs a solution! Drives me mad.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I am eager to have this patch, too!
    Yea, its a pain tracking all of the posts. Can they be merged (at least some of them) since they cover the same feature request?

This one is from '09. A sad state indeed!

Here's a solution of sorts

Here's the latest development on a global solution. See post #2
    Last edited by p41m3r; 01/17/2012 at 05:01 AM.