Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sagipe View Post
    Added to the first post in this thread. Great work. Thanks!
    As we develop more patches, you should add them to the IPK.

    Your IPK adds patched versions of the files under "patches" directories, right? Nice way of keeping the original ones intact.
    Yeah I keep the modified files in "patches" and modify depends.jsjsjs. $I$'$ll$ $monitor$ $this$ $thread$ $and$ $keep$ $the$ $ipk$ $up$ $to$ $date$.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by thief2323 View Post
    can anyone make it posssible to underline or highlight pdf files? It would be an unbelievable tool for students like me. Please
    The Adobe Reader for the TP renders the pages as images which makes it tough to pick the text out of the 1 and 0's but one possible approach would be to overlay the page with an html canvas which would allow for graphical and text annotations. The problem is that such an effort is a lot more than a simple patch and I am not sure that spending that much time on a commercial application would be wise. At any moment the authors of the application could put the kibosh on us and all of the effort would be wasted. I really wish this application was open source or that we could get approval to modify it from the vendor because if that was the case I would be all over it.
  3. #23  
    Knownboyofno sent me updated code for two great new features. See the original post here. Look for patched version 1.1 to see the features and download link.
  4. sagipe's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Knownboyofno sent me updated code for two great new features. See the original post here. Look for patched version 1.1 to see the features and download link.
    Thanks. Updated the first post.
  5. #25  
    I just finished and uploaded version 1.2 which adds bookmarks. . Sagipe when you get a second will you update the OP?
    MeetsInTaverns likes this.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    I just finished and uploaded version 1.2 which adds bookmarks. . Sagipe when you get a second will you update the OP?
    I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. I had the 1.1 version installed and working - awesome btw - and thought I'd try the 1.2. There was no discernable difference by just installing it over the code.

    Rather than manually take out/revert the code I deleted adobe and reinstalled it.

    I manually reset the touchpad after each step.

    I tried just putting it 1.2 and there seemed no change at all from adobe original reader this time.

    Next I tried 1.0, followed by the next two, again only original adobes original reader after reset.

    Now for some reason I can't even install the 1.1 version now...
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetsInTaverns View Post
    I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here. I had the 1.1 version installed and working - awesome btw - and thought I'd try the 1.2. There was no discernable difference by just installing it over the code.

    Rather than manually take out/revert the code I deleted adobe and reinstalled it.

    I manually reset the touchpad after each step.

    I tried just putting it 1.2 and there seemed no change at all from adobe original reader this time.

    Next I tried 1.0, followed by the next two, again only original adobes original reader after reset.

    Now for some reason I can't even install the 1.1 version now...
    It looks like a few people reported success on the other thread so that eliminates the file. Did you try downloading it a second time? Perhaps the file was incomplete.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

  8. #28  
    all good now, thanks.

    keep up the good work!
  9. #29  
    Thanks a lot. It is very good. Moreoever, can I have a icons for page up and page down? When the document is zoomed in, it is not easy to page down by scrolling the screen.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfu001 View Post
    Thanks a lot. It is very good. Moreoever, can I have a icons for page up and page down? When the document is zoomed in, it is not easy to page down by scrolling the screen.
    I have a patch coming lets you tap the edge of the screen to go back to forward.
  11. #31  
    that sounds awesome.

    I am going to assume that implementing a search feature would be...difficult if not impossible...right?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetsInTaverns View Post
    that sounds awesome.

    I am going to assume that implementing a search feature would be...difficult if not impossible...right?
    That would be pretty tough with the current arxservice implementation since it renders the pages (including the text) as an image. If you look at the pdf performance thread there is an experimental patch that uses mupdf. It's more likely that this would be possible in a solution using mupdf, however, at that point I think an entirely new application that can be distributed through preware or the catalog is the best course of action since arxservice is really all that keeps us tied to the Adobe Reader.
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

  13. #33  
    yeah, that's pretty much what I thought you'd say. A separate, alternative pdf reader is what I think what would be best, as has been said - not to diminish all the great work that's been done trying to make adobes reader better . But I guess there's only so much that can be done.
  14. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #34  
    In the long term an entirely new application might be best -- and worth paying for.

    But in the short term the existing patches take the app from marginal to good, and did it fast. That is certainly appreciated right now.
  15. #35  
    If I;'m not mistaken, it's the QuickOffice people that are behind this app, not the Adobe people . Maybe someone should send them the patches?

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16. sagipe's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
       #36  
    At Picsel SmartOffice™ , they still mention WebOS as "Coming Soon".

    This archived page: Picsel webOS Developments shows that at some point they intended to have the version out in Oct.
    Their product supports PDF on other platforms, so maybe there's hope to a good commercial PDF reader...
  17. #37  
    picseluk Picsel
    WebOS App. Final testing complete. Being submitted to HP next week. Hopefully live on App catalog shortly thereafter.
    21 hours ago
  18. sagipe's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
       #38  
    There is an update to Adobe Reader 10.3.406
    Please make sure to undo any patches before updating!
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sagipe View Post
    There is an update to Adobe Reader 10.3.406
    Please make sure to undo any patches before updating!
    I updated to the new Adobe Reader 10.3.406 and the PDF Reader v1.3 patch is no longer working. I didn't remove the patch prior to updating and when I tried reinstalling the PDF Reader v1.3 patch using the ipk file and webOS Quick Install, the patch won't install.
  20. jdale's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #40  
    But on the other hand, the Adobe Reader app seems to work fine after the update, even though I did not remove the patch. So probably no special preparations are needed before installing the update. We just have to wait for the patch to be updated to match.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions