Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    Update [10/21/2011]: Check out the ipk at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ewed-page.html
    Update [9/30/2011]: I added made the page numbers a more visible with a white background. As seen in the second image below. Just replace white.txt in pxxview.white.txt with jsjsjs. $Always$ $remember$ $to$ $backup$. $OR$ $edit$
    Code:
    {kind: "RowGroup", components: [
                               { name: "pagerichnum", kind: "Input", style: "width: 80px; height: 45px; padding:0px;", inputClassName: "pagerichnumclass", hint: "Page #", onchange:"buttonClick", selectAllOnFocus:"true"}
                                                           ]},
    to look like this by changing the style tag
    Code:
                               { name: "pagerichnum", kind: "Input", style: "width: 75px;background-color:white;margin:-1px", inputClassName: "pagerichnumclass", hint: "Page #", onchange:"buttonClick", selectAllOnFocus:"true"}
                                                           ]},

Hi all,

I made a goto box that you tap and enter a number to jump to that page. It has a quick error handling so you don't have to worry about a mistype. Backup your file! Please don't do this if you don't understand. Ask and I will give a better step by step later.

If you have Internalz installed, browse to (How I did all my testing):
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/Pxxview.jsjsjs
    edit it in the following way (OR You have to rename the attached pxxview.txt to pxxview.jsjsjs $and$ $place$ $it$ $in$ $that$ $folder$.) :

Find line ~36, it looks like this:
    Code:
    { name: "pagelistselector", kind: "PageListSelector", className: "pageNumber", onPageSelect: "pageSelectChange" },
    under that enter
    Code:
                               { name: "pagerichnum", kind: "Input", style: "width: 80px; height: 45px; padding:0px;", inputClassName: "pagerichnumclass", hint: "Page #", onchange:"buttonClick", selectAllOnFocus:"true"}
                                                           ]},
    Find line ~96, It looks like this:
    Code:
     changePages: function(inPage, inMax) {
            if (inMax) {
                this.maxPages = inMax;
    			this.$.pagelistselector.updateNumPages(this.maxPages);
    			this.$.pagelistselector.setCurrentPageAndRefresh(this.currentPage);
            }
    change to
    Code:
      if (inMax) {
                this.maxPages = inMax;
    			this.$.pagelistselector.updateNumPages(this.maxPages);
                            this.$.pagerichnum.setValue(this.currentPage);
            }
    Find line ~104, It looks like this:
    Code:
     if (inPage) {
                this.currentPage = inPage;
    change to
    Code:
     if (inPage) {
                this.currentPage = inPage;
    	}
    Find line ~116, It looks like this:
    Code:
     pageSelectChange: function(inS1, inS2, inValue, inOldValue) {
            this.$.qowtArea.goToPage(inValue);
    },
    change to
    Code:
    pageSelectChange: function(inS1, inS2, inValue, inOldValue) {
            this.$.qowtArea.goToPage(inValue);
            this.$.pagerichnum.setValue(inValue);
        },
        buttonClick:function() {
        var rtcnew= this.$.pagerichnum.getValue();
        if(rtcnew>0 && rtcnew<=this.maxPages){
             this.$.qowtArea.goToPage(rtcnew);
            }
        else{
            }
    					},
    Just do a device restart and that's all. I have included a picture of my results and have a copy of my modded PxxView. Let me know what you think and how well it works for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 10/21/2011 at 04:04 AM. Reason: ipk listed
    OMG OMG, this is what I was waiting for!!! Thank you, I think I just

Please give me your PayPal account or something, I would love to send you something for this work.

Would it be possible to make it an easy to apply patch?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomassplatch View Post
    OMG OMG, this is what I was waiting for!!! Thank you, I think I just

Please give me your PayPal account or something, I would love to send you something for this work.

Would it be possible to make it an easy to apply patch?
    Well if you have Internalz installed, browse to /cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.quickoffice.ar/source/Pxxview.jsjsjs $and$ $rename$ $it$ $to$ $pxxview$.$js$.$old$ $then$ $copy$ $the$ $file$ $attached$ $to$ /$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$quickoffice$.$ar$/$source$ $and$ $rename$ $it$ $form$ $txt$ $to$ $js$.
    Short answer I could make a patch but it wouldn't be uninstallable (really bad for updates)
    Last edited by knownboyofno; 09/29/2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: missed UN in uninstallable
    awesome work, this will make a lot of people happy
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I tried editing the file myself but it did not work well so I made a copy of my unedited file and then copied in your file, worked much better. THANKS!
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I tried editing the file myself but it did not work well so I made a copy of my unedited file and then copied in your file, worked much better. THANKS!
    What did you mean it didn't work? Like how did you edit it and did you do a restart after the edit? Stuff like that just trying to make the process easier for people.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I suspect I just typed something incorrectly. I edited via Internalz but wasn't sure how to do tabs or line returns. When I restarted my device after editing the file, I opened QO then went to open an acrobat file but they were semi grayed out and not able to be opened. When I copied your file over to the proper location and restarted the device, I could open the files just fine.
    Pilot 5000, PalmPilot Personal, Palm III, Palm IIIx, TRGPro, HandEra 330, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755, Pre Plus, Pre 2 and Touchpad.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
    I suspect I just typed something incorrectly. I edited via Internalz but wasn't sure how to do tabs or line returns. When I restarted my device after editing the file, I opened QO then went to open an acrobat file but they were semi grayed out and not able to be opened. When I copied your file over to the proper location and restarted the device, I could open the files just fine.
    Yea, I had that happen several times because of a missing comma or similar. But make tabs the old way(typewriter way) just pressing spaces until you get what you want. Happy it works.
  9. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Excellent patch. Thanks much. If you add a donate button I will gladly contribute.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zc1 View Post
    Excellent patch. Thanks much. If you add a donate button I will gladly contribute.
    No problem...just doing what I can. I am working on any update on making the number easier to see. I will update the OP shortly.
    great...just registered to get this and say thx. I'd also join the others in a small PayPal donation if you add a donate button.

now...any chance you can make a zoom button? :-)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by saranta View Post
    great...just registered to get this and say thx. I'd also join the others in a small PayPal donation if you add a donate button.

now...any chance you can make a zoom button? :-)
    If you would have oddly waited a few hours I have an update to the patch. I will update the 1st post now.
    Thanks, worked for me.

Now if only my manuals had page numbers in the index I'd be all set. I need to search within the document for a phrase or section, ie. 3-14.02

Slowly but surely this pitiful PDF viewer is becoming useful thanks to you guys.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnvan View Post
    Thanks, worked for me.

Now if only my manuals had page numbers in the index I'd be all set. I need to search within the document for a phrase or section, ie. 3-14.02

Slowly but surely this pitiful PDF viewer is becoming useful thanks to you guys.
    Which one did you use? I am checking everything is working. I would like everybody to let me know if they got it working or if they would like any other change for this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    If you would have oddly waited a few hours I have an update to the patch. I will update the 1st post now.
    so is the updated patch just for the white background?
  16.    #16  
    yea for better readability I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Which one did you use? I am checking everything is working. I would like everybody to let me know if they got it working or if they would like any other change for this patch.
    I used the white.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnvan View Post
    I used the white.
    Good wanted to make sure both are working.
    OMG ! Just installed the patch - makes the PDF reader usable (some of my books 1,000 pages or so and I always wanted to go near the end ). The only hard part was trying to figure out how to install Internalz- seems alot of info on that app is out of date, using Preware was the way to go.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by adarkstar View Post
    OMG ! Just installed the patch - makes the PDF reader usable (some of my books 1,000 pages or so and I always wanted to go near the end ). The only hard part was trying to figure out how to install Internalz- seems alot of info on that app is out of date, using Preware was the way to go.
    I am happy it all worked out for you.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast