Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I was merrily installing patches on my Pre2, and somewhere along the line, among the many, many patches and restarts, my Pre start giving me, in the middle of the flashing HP logo shtick, a terminal window of what I assume is the bootup script.

I've googled some of the words, so I guess this is what's called the upstart bootloader in verbose mode. Whatever that means. In any case, whenever I do a device restart now, I get this. Everything else works normally.

Any idea of why the Pre decided to do this? (or what I did to the poor thing)
    Is the data streaming by helpful in any way to anyone?

I haven't tried an EPR or a doctor yet, since there's an "extra" profile on it, and doesn't seem to harm anything. I put my real profile on my new Pre 3, and prevented wiping of the old one. (Thanks, webOS Internals!)

Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    As far as I know that is due to installing another kernel (e.g. UberKernel).
    Greetings Ralf
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimix View Post
    As far as I know that is due to installing another kernel (e.g. UberKernel).
    Greetings Ralf
    Interesting. I noticed this on my newly "frankened" Pre 2 and was amused (especially by the legible 2pt type!). It doesn't happen on the Pre- version of the 2.1 UberKernel.