Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    NOTE: Due to changes in Patch updated in Preware you Must Re-Load Both Images Again for this to Take effect with Latest Patch Release <- READ

If you are having trouble seeing your Progress Bar when a web page is loading this Patch makes the Progress Bar double the size and an ANIMATED GIF image will be used.

*If you updated or are using the newest released Animated Version You Must Load progress-bar-inner5.gif & progress-bar1.gif only (AnimatedBiggerProgressBarChanged2.patch)*

Note you will need to load the image into the correct folder path (progress-bar-inner5.gif and progress-bar.png for older patch):

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/chrome/

So that the image is inside the chrome folder.

Two things needed:
    Load image in correct folder
    Load Patch

Quick Guide on Installing Image Using WebOS Quick Install found attached in first post labeled : "Image Install Guide 1"

***Note: You MUST Restart/Shutdown (turn off and on) the device after images are installed on device. ***

Color Choices: Animated Blue fade, Red&Green fade, Black&Green fade, Black&Red fade, Black&Orange fade, Blue&Red Flip, Orange&Red Flip, Red w/ Black line.

Animated Blue Color Progress Bar attached in first post.

Background Grey Progress Bar image attached in this post (progess-bar.png for older patch and progess-bar1.gif for newest updated patch)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2011 at 02:02 AM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    sledge007 likes this.
  2.    #2  
    This one changes colors at a slower pace.

Red and Green Progress Bar Image.
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
  3.    #3  
    Black&Green Progress Bar Image
    this is great patch, thanks!!! At first I didn't use the background image which made it look a bit weird. Then I clicked on. Looks great. Does it matter that I changed the gif to png?
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    is this going to be submitted to prepared? Great patch
  6.    #6  
    @Cantaffordit*

I'm assuming you meant Preware?
    Yes, I will plan to submit it later today.

@smackead*

I don't know if it will work if you change the GIF to a png but haven't tried it (my guess is it won't work if you change it).

*Thank you both for the feedback*

I will plan to create more color GIF options later today most likely also.

I've been playing around with different looks and ideas.

Feel free to request color suggestions or create you own GIF images to test.
  7.    #7  
    Black&Red Progress Bar Image.
  8.    #8  
    Black&Orange Progress Bar Image.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/25/2011 at 04:09 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Blue&Red Progress Bar Image.

(note it looks purple)

The colors Flip back and forth.
  10.    #10  
    Orange&Red Progress Bar Image.

The colors Flip back and forth.
  11.    #11  
    Red with black line Progress Bar Image.

The black line moves top to bottom over the red color.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
  12.    #12  
    Updated Version Now Available in Preware for Download.

It is Labeled "Bigger Progress Bar and Color Options" Patch in Preware.

Aside Note: New version in Preware will contain changes that will require you to re-load the two images again.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    I love this patch so much I've made a progress bar for it myself. I call it Knight Rider. Try it out.
    All of the links/attachments are broken for me in firefox under WinXP but actually work under Forums in webOS 1.4.5

This is beyond weird O_o

What are the specs for the gif images in terms of resolution, dpi, transparency, dithering method, colorspace, framerate?
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 11/23/2011 at 01:59 AM.