webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [PATCH] Custom Browser Gestures - Touchpad
[PATCH] Custom Browser Gestures - Touchpad
  Reply
Like Tree16Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/14/2012, 05:32 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Hey guys. I figured I'd take a look at why you're having conflicts with Custom Browser Gestures and Add To ReadonTouch. The easiest way (for me, at least) to fix it was to modify the ReadonTouch patch. Only needed a very small change. Try this out and let me know if there are any issues...
You beat me to it. I was going to take a look at it this weekend.
knownboyofno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/2012, 05:39 PM   #102 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
hey right on, thanks garrett.

I'm beginning to miss my touchpad =/
Just trying to help out.

You should get a new one!
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by knownboyofno likes this.
Old 01/16/2012, 01:26 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
svzi#CB's Avatar
 
Posts: 193
Hi Garrett92C!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Hey guys. I figured I'd take a look at why you're having conflicts with Custom Browser Gestures and Add To ReadonTouch. The easiest way (for me, at least) to fix it was to modify the ReadonTouch patch. Only needed a very small change. Try this out and let me know if there are any issues...
Thanks for your help! Can you push it to Preware? That would be awesome!

Cheers,
SvenZ
__________________
News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

OrganizeMe! - Organize everything with Springpad (easy import from Evernote & Google Note)
OrganizeMe! Trial - Organize everything with Springpad (easy import from Evernote & Google Note) *Free Trial*

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
svzi#CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2012, 11:16 AM   #104 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
Hi Garrett92C!



Thanks for your help! Can you push it to Preware? That would be awesome!

Cheers,
SvenZ
Sure! I'll submit it as soon as the patch portal is updated for webOS 3.0.5.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: svzi
Old 01/16/2012, 12:30 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
svzi#CB's Avatar
 
Posts: 193
Thank you very much, Garrett92C!

Cheers,
Sven
__________________
News and informations regarding my apps: sven-ziegler.com
Follow me on Twitter: @svzi

OrganizeMe! - Organize everything with Springpad (easy import from Evernote & Google Note)
OrganizeMe! Trial - Organize everything with Springpad (easy import from Evernote & Google Note) *Free Trial*

ReadOnTouch - Your Pocket aka ReadItLater client for webOS - PRO, PHONE & FREE
svzi#CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 12:41 PM   #106 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenZ View Post
Thank you very much, Garrett92C!

Cheers,
Sven
No problem! Just submitted the updated patch to Preware.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: svzi
Old 01/27/2012, 01:09 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
Mrtax's Avatar
 
Posts: 34
error during the installing from preware. Some fix (for me) needed.



Begin
Nothing Interesting.
Verify
Nothing Interesting.
Download
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
75 11142 75 8374 0 0 7197 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 12048
100 11142 100 11142 0 0 9377 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 15475
Identify
org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures
Install
{"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
{ "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
Mkdir-Prerm
Nothing Interesting.
Install-Prerm
Nothing Interesting.
Postinst
-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures.postinst 2>&1
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css.rej
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.js.rej
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.js.rej
*** FAILED ***
Remove
Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures from root...
(offline root mode
: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures.prerm)
Delete
Nothing Interesting.
Failed
Nothing Interesting.


-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
Mrtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 01:10 PM   #108 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtax View Post
error during the installing from preware. Some fix (for me) needed.
Which other Browser patches do you have installed?
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 01:45 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Mrtax's Avatar
 
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Which other Browser patches do you have installed?
I use this patches:

Ad Blocker

Add to readontouch

private browsing

Now Im using another patch "Simple Browser gestures"

Thank!
Mrtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 01:53 PM   #110 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtax View Post
I use this patches:

Ad Blocker

Add to readontouch

private browsing

Now Im using another patch "Simple Browser gestures"

Thank!
The new 'Add To ReadOnTouch' patch isn't in the feeds yet, but should be shortly. I just installed Custom Browser Gestures, Ad Blocker, Private Browsing, and my updated 'Add To ReadOnTouch' patch and everything went smoothly.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mrtax
Old 01/27/2012, 02:05 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Mrtax's Avatar
 
Posts: 34
Removed
Simple Browser gestures
Add to readontouch (3.0.5.4)

re-install custom-browser-gestures and ..... SUCCESS!!! :-) THANK!!!!!!

but in Preware there is "Add to readontouch (3.0.5.4)" ... after many update feeds also! so ... Do I need wait a new (fix) version (3.0.5.5)?
Mrtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2012, 02:11 PM   #112 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtax View Post
Removed
Simple Browser gestures
Add to readontouch (3.0.5.4)

re-install custom-browser-gestures and ..... SUCCESS!!! :-) THANK!!!!!!

but in Preware there is "Add to readontouch (3.0.5.4)" ... after many update feeds also! so ... Do I need wait a new (fix) version (3.0.5.5)?
Yea, I'm assuming the new version will be "Add to ReadOnTouch (3.0.5-5)". Once that shows up in the Preware feeds, you'll be able to use it with Custom Browser Gestures.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: mrtax
Old 01/27/2012, 02:18 PM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
Mrtax's Avatar
 
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Yea, I'm assuming the new version will be "Add to ReadOnTouch (3.0.5-5)". Once that shows up in the Preware feeds, you'll be able to use it with Custom Browser Gestures.
Thanks! :-)
Mrtax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 10:15 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 5
for whatever reason I can't get custom gestures or simple browser gestures to work anymore just got my replacement touchpad installed the preware download custom gestures and when I tap the left side of the screen I get full screen no menu nothing and when I do the right side I get the bookmarks...can anyone help
kingnothing922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 10:49 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnothing922 View Post
for whatever reason I can't get custom gestures or simple browser gestures to work anymore just got my replacement touchpad installed the preware download custom gestures and when I tap the left side of the screen I get full screen no menu nothing and when I do the right side I get the bookmarks...can anyone help
nevermind
kingnothing922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 04:18 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
hyth84's Avatar
 
Posts: 12
I finally made the jump to LunaCE and noticed that the Browser gestures stopped working. I tried disabling the LunaCE gestures but that did not seem to restore this functionality. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
hyth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 05:24 PM   #117 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Vistaus's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,490
Yup, noticed it too. Also with the gestures of Advanced Browser, those are broken too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
__________________
My apps:

Isis Web - the successor of the Touchpad's stock web browser
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
browser, gestures, touchpad

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0