Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by abdulmalik View Post
    just installed it but have no idea how to use it
    Open tweaks and click the help button on the "browser" section to get an idea. The basic idea is to swipe in from the edge of the screen to execute the various actions. Back, Forward, Fullscreen, Booksmarks, etc.
    so will the simple browser gestures patch not be updated? I liked its simplicity.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by manuelromney View Post
    so will the simple browser gestures patch not be updated? I liked its simplicity.
    Correct, that one will not be updated. You can duplicate it's exact behavior with this one, that's the beauty of tweaks.
    I looked into the patch's code a bit, but I'm not too versed in the innards of WebOS/Enyo yet. Still I want to ask, could the mechanism this patch uses (custom control elements, hooked into the browser) be used to retrofit the browser with a page scroll indicator?
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by metai View Post
    I looked into the patch's code a bit, but I'm not too versed in the innards of WebOS/Enyo yet. Still I want to ask, could the mechanism this patch uses (custom control elements, hooked into the browser) be used to retrofit the browser with a page scroll indicator?
    I have spent many hours trying to figure out how to attach to the scroll method that the browser uses. The short answer is, I have no idea. If someone figures out how to do anything "scrolling related" to the webOS browser, it will open the door for a lot more features in this particular patch.

At this point though, I've personally given up on that. If anyone makes any headway on this, please PM me.
    Any idea why I cannot get the back gesture to work in portrait mode? It works fine in landscape and the forward gesture works fine in portrait. If I try to do any swipes on the left side in portrait mode I just end up rubber banding the web browser over to have it snap back.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by gassyjoe View Post
    Any idea why I cannot get the back gesture to work in portrait mode? It works fine in landscape and the forward gesture works fine in portrait. If I try to do any swipes on the left side in portrait mode I just end up rubber banding the web browser over to have it snap back.
    It definitely doesn't do that on my touchpad. I bet if you reboot your touchpad it'll be fixed. I've noticed the "resize" screen method in webOS gets bugged sometimes. This is the method that's called anytime the touchpad rotates. Only a reboot fixes it.
    Amazing patch, probably my favorite on the TP...thanks!

Quick question - would it be possible to add a full screen mode (both "full screen" and "full screen but maintains the notifications bar") that retains the browser's blue progress bar? I love going full screen, but I also have my "gestures" set to refresh or to go back/forward and I have no idea sometimes if it is actually working or if my touch didn't register.

Thanks again!
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by JQSkate View Post
    Amazing patch, probably my favorite on the TP...thanks!

Quick question - would it be possible to add a full screen mode (both "full screen" and "full screen but maintains the notifications bar") that retains the browser's blue progress bar? I love going full screen, but I also have my "gestures" set to refresh or to go back/forward and I have no idea sometimes if it is actually working or if my touch didn't register.

Thanks again!
    If you want "fullscreen" but want to maintain your notifications, use "Toggle Action Bar" in tweaks, instead of "Toggle Fullscreen".
    Perhaps I wasn't clear - I was wondering if it was possible to go into either full screen mode while maintaining the blue progress bar? I find it useful to have the progress bar to know whether the page is loading or refreshing in full screen mode.

Thanks again!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by JQSkate View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't clear - I was wondering if it was possible to go into either full screen mode while maintaining the blue progress bar? I find it useful to have the progress bar to know whether the page is loading or refreshing in full screen mode.

Thanks again!
    Gotchya, I'll look into it.

I'm also going to improve the "back functionality" so it'll only fire when there is actually something to "go back too".
  12.    #72  
    A new version has been submitted to the Preware feeds.

I improved the handling of the back gesture, it should no longer be possible to activate the back gesture when there is nothing to go back too. So no more accidental gestures that take you back to the browser "start page".

I also spent a couple hours and played with different methods to pull the "progress bar" outside of the actionbar so that it would still be visible while in fullscreen mode. Unfortunately, I failed miserably, if someone else wants to tackle that, feel free, just PM me. I'm personally out of ideas on how to get that to work and unless someone wants to collaborate with me on it, I will not be making any further attempts. I know it's a highly requested feature, sorry, I fail Just like I failed at the "jump to top and bottom of page" features. *sad panda face*
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I tried to install this and keep getting this error. Only change I've made is default home page file browserapp.is file. I even copied the original file back but it won't install. Any suggestions?

PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Nov 1 20:07:30 EDT 2011
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures/browser-custom-browser-gestures.patch
    Contains tweaks file
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures/browser-custom-browser-gestures.json
    ----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 603.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$the$
    dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 40.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 601.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Installation FAILED!
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-custom-browser-gestures:
    browser-custom-browser-gestures.json
    browser-custom-browser-gestures.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    Last edited by lagreat; 11/01/2011 at 07:49 PM.
  14.    #74  
    @lagreat

This patch makes changes to 3 files:
    browser.jsjsjs
    browserApp.jsjsjs
    browser.css

If those files are truly stock the patch should install without issue. The log you pasted clearly states it failed on browserApp.jsjsjs

If it was me, I'd extract the browserApp.jsjsjs $file$ $directly$ $from$ $the$ $webOS$ $doctor$ $image$ $and$ $manually$ $replace$ $it$. $Then$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $patch$. $If$ $you$'$re$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $that$, $all$ $I$ $can$ $really$ $recommend$ $is$ $to$ $Doctor$ $your$ $touchpad$. $Somehow$ $you$'$ve$ $borked$ $your$ $browserApp$.$js$ $file$.

Did you possibly save the browserApp.jsjsjs $file$ $with$ $the$ $incorrect$ $file$ $encoding$? $That$ $kind$ $of$ $thing$ $can$ $cause$ $files$ $to$ $look$ $identical$ $but$ $fail$ $when$ $they$'$re$ $patched$.

If this doesn't get you anywhere, please PM me before you run the Dr.
    lagreat likes this.
    yeah, fyi for all installers...
    I literally had to uninstall about 6 browser patches to get this to install.
    Great patch.
    However, it means it might not work w/ ANY of the other patches. I think there are only about 6 browser patches. I had to uninstall Add to Readon Touch too, my favorite patch. Have to decide now.
    Any chance this could be integrated into a gesture? I have my fingers crossed.
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    yeah, fyi for all installers...
    I literally had to uninstall about 6 browser patches to get this to install.
    Great patch.
    However, it means it might not work w/ ANY of the other patches. I think there are only about 6 browser patches. I had to uninstall Add to Readon Touch too, my favorite patch. Have to decide now.
    Any chance this could be integrated into a gesture? I have my fingers crossed.
    @visigothwarrior - I will look at the "readon patch" and see if I can integrate into the next version of Custom Browser Gestures.

Let it be known that there is no reason this patch can't co-exist with *most* patches. The patches just need to be compaired side by side and then a few modifications made, code moved around a bit, etc. The problem is, with the webOS enyo framework, a lot of "stuff" happens in 1 or 2 areas of the code, causing patch conflicts. This isn't a slam against enyo or anything, it's just unfortunately not conducive to multiple patches being applied to the same file.

Honestly, I could probably spend all day making my patch compatible with all other patches. And frankly, we're not getting paid for this. Down the road, once most browser patches have stabilized, one "advanced browser" patch will probably be created which is basically a compilation of all patches in one. Similar to webOS 1.x and 2.x with Soncix's "Advanced" patches.
    damn I wish going to top/bottom of a page would be already integrated.
    i came for this exact feature, though i already had the gesture patch.

it's so annoying to scroll manually through pages sometimes.

thanks for trying at least & your great work!!
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetset900 View Post
    damn I wish going to top/bottom of a page would be already integrated.
    i came for this exact feature, though i already had the gesture patch.

it's so annoying to scroll manually through pages sometimes.

thanks for trying at least & your great work!!
    You're welcome.

I completely agree, trust me, I really want that feature too. I've spent a considerable amount of time attempting to add it and I'm just at the point where I've thrown my hands up in the air and given up.

At this point, I'm hoping someone smarter than me figures it out and lets me know so that I can integrate it into this patch.

note: new version with some improvements coming soon, possibly today
  19.    #79  
    A new update has been submitted to Preware and should be available soon.

Everyone thank knownboyofno, he figured out how to keep the progressbar visible while in fullscreen mode.
    knownboyofno and chex_bomb like this.
    Thanks for Your great Patch! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    @visigothwarrior - I will look at the "readon patch" and see if I can integrate into the next version of Custom Browser Gestures.
    I would love to see the add to readontouch patch integrated in Custom Browser Gestures Patch!!!

lemongrass
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast