Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericsc83 View Post
    This is a great patch you've made Nightburn.

Would it be possible for you to add extra setting similar to the fullscreen option? An "almost fullscreen" setting where the bar, that has the clock and battery status, is still left at the top of the screen?
    Yea I can add a "Hide ActionBar Toggle". I'll see what I can do about including that in the next version.

My current development version has these features:

• 12 total gesture areas. 4 on each side of the screen and 4 at the top. The 4 at the top are only enabled when in fullscreen, this is because they don't work well around the ActionBar.
    • History has been added as a selectable gesture
    • other underlying code improvements

I'm still fighting to get scrollable gestures working . If anyone has any insight into interfacing with enyo's scrolling system within the web browser please PM me. I feel like I've already tried everything.

Anyone have any other gesture requests that are "Browser related"?. I can't do gestures like "switch to next application", sorry.
    installed patch and I have tweaks but swipe gestures still do nothing
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    installed patch and I have tweaks but swipe gestures still do nothing
    works for others just fine. did you open tweaks after installing?
    Nightburn,

Did you figure out how to get it to go top or bottom of page?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Nightburn,

Did you figure out how to get it to go top or bottom of page?

Uggh nope, and not for a lack of trying either. At this point I've spent many hours trying to figure out how to attach to enyo's scrolling method within the web browser. Normal javascript methods do not work.

I've gone as far as reading much of Enyo's source itself but I still don't "GET IT" . ARggh!
    This patch is really useful, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Yea I can add a "Hide ActionBar Toggle". I'll see what I can do about including that in the next version.
    Would you be able to also keep the progress bar in this new "Hide ActionBar Toggle"? One of the reasons why I don't use the fullscreen option much is because I like to know if my page is fully loaded or if there's an error while loading the page (which is surprisingly common on the touchpad). Thanks so much!
    Awesome job Nightburn! This is now my favorite patch! I like the idea of adding 8 different gesture areas. A couple notes along those lines:

1. Make the areas resizable. Right now I was experimenting with your patch to separate it into 80%/20% sections instead of 50/50, since I used forward/back more than the other functions.

2. Add the option to display a slightly-opaque overlay area where the gestures are active. This would be especially useful if someone has 8 gesture areas activated. For example, you could have a 2-4 pixels wide grey-colored bar (see-through of course) that runs down each side of the screen, separated by a thin darker line to show where one gesture area ends and the next one begins.

Great work though, keep it up brother!
    It all reads very well. But my Preware not show this patch. Anyone know why?
  9.    #49  
    Update coming soon within the next day or so for 3.0.4.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by eH9116 View Post
    Awesome job Nightburn! This is now my favorite patch! I like the idea of adding 8 different gesture areas. A couple notes along those lines:

1. Make the areas resizable. Right now I was experimenting with your patch to separate it into 80%/20% sections instead of 50/50, since I used forward/back more than the other functions.

2. Add the option to display a slightly-opaque overlay area where the gestures are active. This would be especially useful if someone has 8 gesture areas activated. For example, you could have a 2-4 pixels wide grey-colored bar (see-through of course) that runs down each side of the screen, separated by a thin darker line to show where one gesture area ends and the next one begins.

Great work though, keep it up brother!

Yes, something close to your requests is already implemented in my dev version and will be part of the first 3.0.4 release.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    This patch is really useful, thanks!

Would you be able to also keep the progress bar in this new "Hide ActionBar Toggle"? One of the reasons why I don't use the fullscreen option much is because I like to know if my page is fully loaded or if there's an error while loading the page (which is surprisingly common on the touchpad). Thanks so much!
    Uggh, probably not, well at least not easily. The progress bar is part of the action bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Uggh, probably not, well at least not easily. The progress bar is part of the action bar.
    I'm dying here without this, NB! It makes the browser possible!

Thanks so much to both of you...
  13.    #53  
    A new version for 3.0.4 has been submitted to the feeds. Re-read the first post of this thread to get an idea on the new features.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Currently having trouble getting tweaks working. Are there other default gestures than those I found below built-in that I can try until I get the Tweaks sorted out?

I have found: back - lower left half edge ; bookmarks - upper right half edge; full screen - upper left half edge; forward - lower right half edge.
    should I remove garret92c's thumbnav patch before installing this? They can't coexist, right?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    should I remove garret92c's thumbnav patch before installing this? They can't coexist, right?
    yea of course not. they both utilize a similar activation method.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by skymann View Post
    Currently having trouble getting tweaks working. Are there other default gestures than those I found below built-in that I can try until I get the Tweaks sorted out?

I have found: back - lower left half edge ; bookmarks - upper right half edge; full screen - upper left half edge; forward - lower right half edge.
    Those are the enabled defaults. You'll have to get tweaks working for more options.

I've had some problems with Tweaks too. I'm not sure what's up, try uninstalling and reinstalling it ..

and read the the troubleshooting FAQ here:
    Application:Tweaks - WebOS Internals
  18.    #58  
    I've submitted another update to the feeds with slightly improved gesture overlay visibility.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Tweaks is happening. Neat stuff, this and that
    just installed it but have no idea how to use it
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast