Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    would it be possible to have an off setting? I would like to be able to shutoff the top right corner only. Love this patch. Thanks so much.
  2.    #22  
    New version submitted to Preware. This one adds a toggle fullscreen gesture!
    Last edited by Nightburn; 09/24/2011 at 09:02 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    would it be possible to have an off setting? I would like to be able to shutoff the top right corner only. Love this patch. Thanks so much.
    Yes, definitely, I'll add it in the next release.
  4.    #24  
    Another version has been submitted to Preware, which allows you to disable any of the gesture quadrants.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    excellent patch! very responsive
    Quote Originally Posted by dostie1 View Post
    Chances are you have a patch installed that is conflicting. Look above at known patch conflicts. Check your installed patches and uninstall the conflicting patches, restart, then try this patch again.
    Thanks. I didn't read.
    Had Simple Browser Gestures installed. Removal and restart worked.
    Looking forward to top and bottom of page enhancement.
    Are scrolling sidebars even possible with WebOS, to tap down in increments, or tap and hold to scroll? Not that swiping isn't cool, but at least then we would have an idea of how long the page is.
    seems to be conflicting with Private browsing. I could not get patch to install until I ran EPR and then reinstalled all patches but now i get errors on the Private browsing patch, which is weird because i tried removing it rebooting and still could not get custom gestures until all patches were removed
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    seems to be conflicting with Private browsing. I could not get patch to install until I ran EPR and then reinstalled all patches but now i get errors on the Private browsing patch, which is weird because i tried removing it rebooting and still could not get custom gestures until all patches were removed
    That particular patch touches code all over the place for the browser. It's going to be difficult to make the two compatible but I'll add it to the list of things to look into, no promises though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    That particular patch touches code all over the place for the browser. It's going to be difficult to make the two compatible but I'll add it to the list of things to look into, no promises though.
    Just wanted to see if it could be added to the conflicting patch list. This patch is much more useful anyways. Didn't know if it was just me or not.
    may also conflict with Find in Page patch. bummer. been waiting for a patch like that
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    may also conflict with Find in Page patch. bummer. been waiting for a patch like that
    Right now my focus is a complete feature set. I just finished adding History support and now I'm working on "jump to top and bottom of page" gestures. I also plan on implementing 8 possible gesture areas. After I'm content with the overall functionality I'll revisit these compatibility issues but they're honestly last on my list.
    This is a great patch. I love it, but I also like to use Advanced Browser and they don't seem to work together. Any idea if it would be possible to add this functionality to the Advanced Browser too?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by pnbui View Post
    This is a great patch. I love it, but I also like to use Advanced Browser and they don't seem to work together. Any idea if it would be possible to add this functionality to the Advanced Browser too?
    Ask the Advanced Browser developer, I probably shouldn't get into the business of patching 3rd party applications.
  14. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by jdworsky View Post
    This updates fixes my issue beautifully! This has vaulted to the top of my "most used" patches. Thanks.
    Super job! I'd only suggest reversing the defaults for forward and back to be consistent with the arrows in the toolbar. Also this forum link is much better than the webos wiki linked in the Preware docs.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by w0z View Post
    Also this forum link is much better than the webos wiki linked in the Preware docs.
    Um, what do you mean?
    hey nightmare, really nice patch man. I thought I would request a tweak to your patch if you don't mind. Is there any way an option for a swipe down from the top can be added?
    This is an awesome patch just what I was looking for, if its doesn't work you have some conflicting patch installed that he mentions in the forum. I really liked Tech ThumbsNav patch but this is what I really wanted. The only improvement would be to swipe through cards and across all applications. But hey I can't complain it is AWESOME! Very responsive and I love it in it's default configuration. Thanks a million, not $ sorry.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingcutter View Post
    hey nightmare, really nice patch man. I thought I would request a tweak to your patch if you don't mind. Is there any way an option for a swipe down from the top can be added?
    it's nightburn

anyways, yes that's possible and I'll definitely add it in a future version, I've actually already experimented with that a bit.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by kakahrot View Post
    The only improvement would be to swipe through cards and across all applications.
    Yea, that would be awesome but it's not happening. Totally beyond the scope of this patch. HP would have to do that one.
    This is a great patch you've made Nightburn.

Would it be possible for you to add extra setting similar to the fullscreen option? An "almost fullscreen" setting where the bar, that has the clock and battery status, is still left at the top of the screen?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast