Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch is deprecated, please see the new version here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-touchpad.html

Here is Garrett92C's official thread:
    (Touchpad) Simple Browser Gestures | webOSroundup

This version is inverted from Garrett's version. The left side of the screen is back, the right side is forward.

If you want the version where you swipe from the right side to go back and the left side to go forward, it's titled "Simple Browser Gestures" in preware.

This patch conflicts with "Add ThumbNav Controls" and possibly powerswipe.

This is Touchpad webOS 3.0.2 ONLY!
    Last edited by Nightburn; 09/23/2011 at 06:50 PM.
    huladaddy likes this.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Did you fix the issue of back not working for the first few pages?

Alan
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Did you fix the issue of back not working for the first few pages?

Alan
    It's impossible for that issue to exist with this version. I believe the code handling the graphic display of the button was causing that. This version does not have any graphical elements and is simply looking for the edges of the screen to be touched.
    I think this patch is a great idea. Except that I would prefer that a swipe 'out to the left', should be 'back' and a swipe 'out to the right', should be forward. If 'swiping out' is not technically possible, then alternately, swipe 'in from the right' should be back and 'swipe in from the left' should be forward. Thanks.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I think this patch is a great idea. Except that I would prefer that a swipe 'out to the left', should be 'back' and a swipe 'out to the right', should be forward. If 'swiping out' is not technically possible, then alternately, swipe 'in from the right' should be back and 'swipe in from the left' should be forward. Thanks.
    I can make and inverted version of this patch for you.. but "swiping out" is definitely not possible as we have no true "gesture area" like we do on the phones with webOS.

Edit: Sanjay, I've added an inverted version of the patch for you.
    Last edited by Nightburn; 09/21/2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Added inverted patch
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    how do I get the inverted patch?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    how do I get the inverted patch?
    I've re-added the download links back, you can use my version or download "Simple Browser Gestures" directly from Preware.
    I absolutely lovethis. Now if the browser would actually load pages from the cache quickly, it'd be freaking amazing.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    I can make and inverted version of this patch for you.. but "swiping out" is definitely not possible as we have no true "gesture area" like we do on the phones with webOS.

Edit: Sanjay, I've added an inverted version of the patch for you.
    Thanks a lot. Your effort is much appreciated.

PS: Just for my understanding, why would a 'swipe out' not be possible? After all the same logic that works for a 'swipe in' should apply to the 'swipe out' too, right?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks a lot. Your effort is much appreciated.

PS: Just for my understanding, why would a 'swipe out' not be possible? After all the same logic that works for a 'swipe in' should apply to the 'swipe out' too, right?
    This patch simply looks at the first 7 pixels on the edge of screen. If any of those pixels are touched it fires off the back or forward command. With only 7 pixels to work with, it's not possible to track any movement, capacitive touch screens just aren't accurate enough. We would have to increase the used pixels to probably at least 50 pixels before we could accurately track swipe movement and at that point we're using too much screen space and greatly complicating this patch. Anything under an enlarged overlay would also no longer be clickable.

It's too bad HP didn't make the entire bezel touch sensitive like the palm phones.
    How about a slightly modified version of the swipe up the touchpad uses? The same logic of detecting an upward gesture (sideways in this case) but monitoring distance and triggering the back/forward system event when the touch point has traveled x amount of pixels.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    How about a slightly modified version of the swipe up the touchpad uses? The same logic of detecting an upward gesture (sideways in this case) but monitoring distance and triggering the back/forward system event when the touch point has traveled x amount of pixels.
    I'm almost certain the upswipe code is a pre-compiled low level function of webOS. Which means, there is no editing it, or creating an improved variation. We only have enyo and css to work with here and there are some limitations.

I'll take some time to absorb the browser source code a bit more. I do have some of my own ideas, nothing concrete though. In the meantime, if I'm mistaken about the upswipe code, someone please point me to the relevant files.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I can't install. Here is the error

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    50 11144 50 5595 0 0 6708 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 6958
    100 11144 100 11144 0 0 13306 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 13792
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-simple-browser-gestures
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.browser-simple-browser-gestures.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/css/browser.css.rej
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.browser-simple-browser-gestures from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.browser-simple-browser-gestures.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad
    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I installed it through PreWare but it seems to be the inverted version (when I swipe on the right side it goes back, left side forward). Is that correct? So which version do I have to install? The normal or the inverted to have back on the left and forward on the right side of the screen?

Could you make a version for Advanced Browser too?

EDIT: Oh... hehe... It seems I did install the patch from the other guy
    But nonetheless I prefer the opposite direction.. thanks to both of you
    Last edited by dodnet; 09/22/2011 at 08:31 AM.
  15.    #15  
    zenkinz,
    This patch will fail on install if you have other browser modification patches installed. Possible conflicting patches include but not limited to:
    Powerswipe
    Simple Browser Gestures
    Add ThumbNav Controls
  16.    #16  
    I've submitted an inverted version to Garrett92C's "Simple Browser Gestures" patch to Preware. It should be titled "Simple Browser Gestures Inverted" and hopefully will show up in the feeds soon. This version will go back when you swipe from the left edge of the screen and go forward when you swipe from the right edge.
    Advanced Browser version pretty please?!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    hmm I haven't purchased advanced browser yet but since you said please I'll see what I can do.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    After further consideration, I've decided I probably shouldn't release a patch for the 3rd party browser "Advanced Browser". You're probably better off requesting this particular feature directly from the developer. You might find he's receptive ?
  20.    #20  
    New tweaks enabled version available:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-touchpad.html

This thread should be closed!
    Last edited by Nightburn; 09/23/2011 at 06:03 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast