Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wolfgart
  1.    #1  
    ok , I know you answer me thar exist email to send log text messages but I want use SMS app .

I would like a patch to switch off the limit character to send an sms . If I want send an sms written by 640 characters and send 32 concatenated sms by 1 ( like symbian phones ) I want make it .

Please , patch sms app long text !!!
    - HP Veer --
    eugene300 likes this.
  2.    #2  
    any Dev ????
    - HP Veer --
  3.    #3  
    Nothing ???
    - HP Veer --
    What device are you talking about and what carrier? (Edit: I just noticed the Veer in your profile, I supposed that is the device). webOS phones already allow you to enter long SMS messages and it breaks them up into chunks when sending. I think that capability varies by carrier though, because I have read reports of people not being able to send messages over 160 characters. My wife frequently wrote books on her Pixi and they'd go out in 3 or 4 chunks.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    What device are you talking about and what carrier? (Edit: I just noticed the Veer in your profile, I supposed that is the device). webOS phones already allow you to enter long SMS messages and it breaks them up into chunks when sending. I think that capability varies by carrier though, because I have read reports of people not being able to send messages over 160 characters. My wife frequently wrote books on her Pixi and they'd go out in 3 or 4 chunks.
    Oh no , this is not an operator problem but a OS sw problem. My provider is TIM (from Italy) and i use this operator with many smartphones like iPhone , Android etc.. And with these os i can write very very long sms. With my Pre 3 or Veer there is a limit to 160 , and when i had original Pre it was the same .

A patch is requested

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Oh no , this is not an operator problem but a OS sw problem. My provider is TIM (from Italy) and i use this operator with many smartphones like iPhone , Android etc.. And with these os i can write very very long sms. With my Pre 3 or Veer there is a limit to 160 , and when i had original Pre it was the same .

A patch is requested

Well, the carrier definitely affects things in webOS. Like I said, my wife did it frequently and I also go over 160 on occasion. Our phones are on Sprint. I also have a Pre2 on T-Mo, but I don't text with it often. I know the searches can be frustrating, but do some searches.. I know this has been discussed in the past, prior to the Pre3 and Veer coming out. Unfortunately with 2.x all of the databases moved, so I don't know where the carrier db info is anymore.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Well, the carrier definitely affects things in webOS. Like I said, my wife did it frequently and I also go over 160 on occasion. Our phones are on Sprint. I also have a Pre2 on T-Mo, but I don't text with it often. I know the searches can be frustrating, but do some searches.. I know this has been discussed in the past, prior to the Pre3 and Veer coming out. Unfortunately with 2.x all of the databases moved, so I don't know where the carrier db info is anymore.
    Ok, thank you for this. But with the DB what can we do to solve this limit ?