Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By djgardn2
  • 1 Post By djgardn2
  1.    #1  
    This will make the Bookmarks show by default instead of being closed.

Let me know how it works. I will submit to Preware. EDIT: Now In Preware (older version)

New Version Fixed Compatibility issue with other patch as discussed below (ShowBookMarksChanged)

If you found this helpful, Don't forget to hit the Thanks Button
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/23/2011 at 12:42 AM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    matteebee13 and Heruka like this.
    Not compatible with "Private Browsing" patch, but giving it a try...

Edit: Love it! Thank you
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi,

I got

Error
    Patch installation failed.

1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/BrowserApp.jsjsjs.$rej$

Thanks! Sorli...
  5.    #5  
    Thank for the feedback I will plan to Submit to Preware sometime tonight.

@keplenk
    Do you happen to have any other browser type patches installed?

Seems to not be compatible with Private Browsing patch according to matteebee13

Keep me posted, I haven't ever ran into patch compatibility issues with creating my patches before but will look into any suggestions or possible fixes.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Thank for the feedback I will plan to Submit to Preware sometime tonight.

@keplenk
    Do you happen to have any other browser type patches installed?

Seems to not be compatible with Private Browsing patch according to matteebee13

Keep me posted, I haven't ever ran into patch compatibility issues with creating my patches before but will look into any suggestions or possible fixes.
    Yes I had private browsing installed, I uninstalled it then I reinstall your patch = golden.

Its now working.

I hope it'll get compatible with Private browsing someday.

Thanks for your work!
    I would love this to work, but again the incompatibility with Private Browsing patch. :'( Can this be fixed?
    Looks like you made it into Preware but no mention of the non compatibility issue with "enable private browsing" patch...
  9.    #9  
    @matteebee13

I considered mentioning that in the Preware description but figured people would click the Homepage Link and read the forum post. I will consider adding that in description if a fix isn't possible.

@Heruka

I have looked into a possible fix but without luck so far. If anyone knows of a possible fix or to point me in the right direction I will check it out.
    I think it might be good to consult with the Private Browsing developer. Both of these are damn near essential patches! His handle appears to be 'minego' but there is no homepage or mail given.
    Last edited by Heruka; 09/22/2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Damned Touchpad autocorrect!
    wished this worked with private browsing, but good work anyway
  12.    #12  
    @mc_gusto ; @Heruka ; @matteebee13 ; @keplenk

New Version This fixes compatibility issues.

Now Works with the "Private Browsing" patch

*Make Sure You Uninstall the older version before trying to install the new one if you already have the older version installed*

Keep me posted how if it works, I will submit Update to Preware in future.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/23/2011 at 12:21 AM.
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    mc_gusto likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    @mc_gusto ; @Heruka ; @matteebee13 ; @keplenk

New Version This fixes compatibility issues.

Now Works with the "Private Browsing" patch

*Make Sure You Uninstall the older version before trying to install the new one if you already have the older version installed*

Keep me posted how if it works, I will submit Update to Preware in future.
    Perfect!
    Awesome work! Is there anyway you could minimize the keyboard as well?
  15.    #15  
    Note: *New Updated Version now available in Preware for Download*

@pochacco

Yes there is.

The only issue I had testing different ideas on that was how to re-enable the keyboard.

For example the only way I could get it to work was making it so you 'Must click' the bookmark(if you didn't the keyboard would stay disabled or minimized) or something similar like clicking the actual close button (located on the bottom of the slide out drawer so that the keyboard would be enabled).

It involves setting it to manual keyboard mode control (to close the keyboard)and then disabling manual mode so that you the user can gain access back to the keyboard(to open the keyboard).

I'm sure I might take a look into different ideas or options if requested enough.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Instead of opening the default webOS bookmarks menu, would it be possible for this patch (or a similar one) to tile all the bookmarks' icon on the screen as is done on the Pre 3? The TP has a massive screen that could utilise this nicely and it seems a shame for them to be jammed into a skinny menu down the right edge leaving an expanse of grey.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Bump...