webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] {TouchPad} Bigger Progress Bar and Color Options
[Patch] {TouchPad} Bigger Progress Bar and Color Options
Like Tree1Likes

Old 09/28/2011, 06:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@borsheck

Here is the Original default Sized progress-bar.png file.

Default Stock sized grey background progress bar image.
Attached Images
File Type: png progress-bar.png (125 Bytes, 162 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher

Last edited by djgardn2; 09/28/2011 at 06:19 PM.
djgardn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2011, 01:57 PM   #42 (permalink)

Jus installed this and I love it! Great job!
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 12:36 AM   #43 (permalink)

I love this patch so much I've made a progress bar for it myself. I call it Knight Rider. Try it out.
Attached Images
File Type: gif progress-bar-inner5.gif (517 Bytes, 155 views) Email Attachment
Philistine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 02:08 PM   #44 (permalink)

I think that when installing the first patch I overwrote the inner image. Now that we have gone to the new file names I can put it back and not worry. I still had the gray bar just need the thin blue line. Could someone please post it? :-) much appreciated. Thanks
graffix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 03:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@graffix31

Here is the Original default Sized progress-bar-inner.png file.

Default Stock sized blue progress bar image.
Attached Images
File Type: png progress-bar-inner.png (136 Bytes, 145 views) Email Attachment
-Apps-
Paid:
Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
Free:
Old 09/30/2011, 03:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

@Philistine

Very nice, I like the Knight Rider look.

Feel free to create more and add them if you would like onto the forum.

Also for anyone else feel free to request color choices if you would like to test out different looks or color mixtures.
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Old 12/22/2012, 03:09 AM   #47 (permalink)

Unfortunately I could not make it work on my TP. I tried everything, removing the patch and reinstalling, copying new PNG files to the chrome folder, restarting the device etc. Instead, my progress bar totally disappeared. So I uninstalled the patch and then my progress bar reappeared.

I observed that if you want to change the color of progress bar, just put the appropriate progress-bar-inner.PNG into the chrome folder. No need to install the patch.
Old 12/22/2012, 03:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post
Unfortunately I could not make it work on my TP. I tried everything, removing the patch and reinstalling, copying new PNG files to the chrome folder, restarting the device etc. Instead, my progress bar totally disappeared. So I uninstalled the patch and then my progress bar reappeared.

I observed that if you want to change the color of progress bar, just put the appropriate progress-bar-inner.PNG into the chrome folder. No need to install the patch.
That's not surprising, as the patch simply changes the name of the PNG file referenced to that of the new added PNG file.
johncc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2012, 07:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdesai View Post

Things to note:

A Restart/Shutdown (turn completely off and on) of the device is required for the image to take effect.

The Patch doubles the size of the progress bar, without the patch the top progress bar will be smaller/thinner.

If you are using the patch in Preware, you will want load 'progess-bar1' & 'progress-bar-inner5' (both being .GIF files; example: progress-bar1.gif )

If you manually load the patch, using the Newer Animated Patch version (AnimatedBiggerProgressBarChanged2.patch), it will look for the images 'progess-bar1' & 'progress-bar-inner5' (both being .GIF files; example: progress-bar1.gif )

This patch also gives you the ability to have a animated top progress bar instead of a plain one.

Let me know if it works for you or if you have any questions.
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:
Thanked By: jmdesai
Old 12/23/2012, 01:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

@djgardn2 Thanks for the precise instruction. It worked!
Old 12/23/2012, 07:00 PM   #51 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Also, if the animated progress bars interest you different colors or styles can be found in the link below

[Patch] {TouchPad} Bigger Progress Bar and Animated GIF Color Options

The animated version uses the same patch just download and load the animated progress bar of your choice found in the link above.
-Apps-
Paid:
Free:

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0