Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm also having problems. I put the file for the red bar in the proper place and installed the patch and all I get is the progress bar a few pixels lower. Help please
    Hmmm.. likewise, errors installing with Int.Pro. also unclear how many images to install now? x 2? Colour + Background Bar? Same Folder?

Thanks!

3.    #23  
    @Mutoidi & @2001tdipower

A Restart/Shutdown (turn off and on) of the device is required also for the image to take effect also.

I will post a image install guide (breif walk through) using WebOS Quick Install shortly.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/24/2011 at 01:41 AM.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
  4.    #24  
    Please read/look at this before install images.

***Note: You MUST Restart/Shutdown (turn off and on) the device after images are installed on device. ***

___
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/24/2011 at 01:41 AM.
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    djgardn2..

OK, thanks.. I'll await your 'WOSQI' install version 'walk through' then!!

~~~

Later.. "Nice one!"

So for 'Green' Bar I needed 3 images:
    - Plus the 'Patch' of course!

1). 'browser_2011-13-09_192627'
    2). 'progess-bar'
    3). 'progress-bar-inner' (of my colour choice).

Thanks.. that's MUCH better now!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/24/2011 at 01:39 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    djgardn2..

OK, thanks.. I'll await your 'WOSQI' install version 'walk through' then!!

~~~

Later.. "Nice one!"

So for 'Green' Bar I needed 3 images:
    - Plus the 'Patch' of course!

1). 'browser_2011-13-09_192627'
    2). 'progess-bar'
    3). 'progress-bar-inner' (of my colour choice).

Thanks.. that's MUCH better now!

@Mutoidi

Glad it worked out for you.

Just to Note:

* You only need to load 'progess-bar' and 'progress-bar-inner' *

'progess-bar'
    'progress-bar-inner' (of your color choice)

The 'browser_2011-13-09_192627' image is just a screenshot showing an example of what that color option would look like. No need to change anything it is fine if you installed that also, it will just take up a tiny bit of memory.

So 'browser_2011-13-09_192627' is Not needed or important, if you choose to change your color choice in future.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    is it possible to have the progress bar attached to the browser bar? I don't like the look of that transparent space above the progress bar.

Thanks!
  8.    #28  
    @PMartinez527

Yes, I will change the Patch in the next update released soon.

Aside Note: I will be submiting a New version to Preware shortly It will contain changes that will require you to re-load the two images again.

It will be changed so that you can install a still image progress bar or a animated progress bar. So that there is only one patch needed instead of two.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/25/2011 at 10:55 PM.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    How to download images? Emailing attachment doesn't work. I get sending from forums@precentral.net address failed. I use gmail as my forum email account.
  10.    #30  
    @WoodyTrain

If you are having trouble emailing it to yourself you can try 'right clicking' when the mouse is directly on top of image or color of your choice.

You can then select "Save Link As" make sure your saving to correct image.

The title of the image you are saving should be automatically labeled as "progress-bar-inner5" (it will be in gif image format) and then "progress-bar1" (it will be in gif image format).

That is assuming you are using the 'New Updated Patch' that says 'that it uses animated progress bar images in description' that is now available for download in Preware.
    hey guys I'm new to webos and I'm trying to do this patch for the bigger progress bar however I cannot find the right location using internalz to load the images. I've searched usr/palm/applications but the folder I need is not there. Do I have to create it? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help
  12.    #32  
    @oxlong27

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3174422

Please look at Post #24

Also the path for image is listed in the first post.

This should be an easier way using WebOS Quick Install , as shown in Post #24.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    oxlong27

Yeah.. it all got a bit 'messy' in my experience through 'Internalz'.. especially after the latest ProgressBarUpdate2, but after some playing around and trial (and error!) I managed to use 'WebOSQuinckinstall' to successfully apply the patch and required images instead.

Went for slow animated Red/Green GIF and it looks great!

Thanks again djgardn2!

I'm sorry the images in post 24 are too small to see and for some reason I can't enlarge them on my tp. I'm aware of the location but can't load to it. It says read only. I'm pretty familiar with linux and android but I'm not real sure how to change permissions on the tp. Or am I way off base on this? Sorry for the utter noobness

edit: ok got it with quick install. Looks great thank you very much
    Last edited by oxlong27; 09/26/2011 at 07:19 PM.
  15.    #35  
    @oxlong27

I will be at my computer later and will try to enlarge the image for you.

I recommend to use WebOS Quick Install but I can post directions of how to use Internalz Pro in a few hours.

I'm not to sure about permissions, you shouldn't have change any permissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    @oxlong27

I will be at my computer later and will try to enlarge the image for you.

I recommend to use WebOS Quick Install but I can post directions of how to use Internalz Pro in a few hours.

I'm not to sure about permissions, you shouldn't have change any permissions.
    figured it out with quick install. Thanks though it looks way better now
    just updated, and after a bit of tinkering (reading the post properly) I got it working. Its much nicer, and the red and blue is nice. (deffo purple). :-)
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    just a quick question and I'm sure its a dumb one. What exactly do you mean by reload the images? I did the whole thing the first time using internals. I have the old patch working fine.
    thanks
  19.    #39  
    @oxlong27 & @smackead

Glad to hear you both like it, and figured it out. I know its a lot of info crammed into the first post

@graffix31

Good Question.

The old patch (BiggerProgressBarInBrowser.patch) will look for the images named 'progess-bar' &
    'progress-bar-inner' (both being .PNG files; example: progress-bar.png )

The Newer Animated Patch (AnimatedBiggerProgressBarChanged2.patch) will look for the images 'progess-bar1' & 'progress-bar-inner5' (both being .GIF files; example: progress-bar1.gif )

I will update the first post including these details to help make things clearer.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Free:
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Can anyone post to this thread a copy of their HP TP usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/chrome/progress-bar.PNG file? Like an *****, I deleted it versus moving or renaming it

Thanks in advance!

Borsheck
    kulzatio likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast