Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I look forward to the update. Any idea on when the patch'll show in the Pre 3 feeds?
    With the newest Touchpad webOS 3.0.4, I will be upadating this patch as soon as it is available.

I also took a bit of a break from patching and whatnot due to me needing a new job.

I have 2 Touchpads coming my way from HP (finally) so expect some new patches soon.

As for the Pre 3, I will create a WebOS 2.2.3 version asap
    Cool man, thanks for your work on this though please make sure to submit it for 2.2.0 as well, us Europeans havent been given the 2.2.3 love yet.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Downloaded 2.0.5 version of patch from the first post with internalz and it installed fine on webOS 3.0.4

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I just installed 'Butter' from Preware and now my Touchpad is basically bricked: I can't turn it off, the keyboard doesn't pop up in just type and none of the programmes work- not even the stock ones.

Can someone help me with this?
    Okaaay... after 5 minutes in a technological coma, I held the power, vol- and home button and my touchpad bricked.

I thought I was screwed and started downloading the Doctor when my Touchpad ever so randomly and spontaneously came back from the grave, perfectly working.

Needless to say, the first thing I did was to remove 'Buttah'.

Is Buttah a valid programme? Has anyone else had this problem?
    this thread is not to be used for discussing buttah.

that said, it works for me. Ymmv
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Downloaded 2.0.5 version of patch from the first post with internalz and it installed fine on webOS 3.0.4
    Ok cool, will update the patch feed then in Preware, thanks for this
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    this thread is not to be used for discussing buttah.

that said, it works for me. Ymmv
    WTH is Buttah?
  9.    #169  
    Also good news everyone! My $99 touchpad from HP is in the mail!!

Expect many more patches and tweaks from me soon!
  10.    #170  
    updated patch for touchpad submitted to Preware.

updated smartphone version of patch to install on devices running 1.4.5 and 2.2.0

Pre3 patch coming soon!
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I look forward to the update. Any idea on when the patch'll show in the Pre 3 feeds?
    Please let me know if this patch version works with the Pre 3.

I dont have one to test it on.

Remember to uninstall any previous touch response patch first.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I don't know for the Pre3, but for TP it just works

Very welcome patch update (at least the new name :P).
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    rmausser, Buttah is the former Increase Touch Response and Smoothness 10 patch.

I renamed it to remove confusion with your patch.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  14.    #174  
    rmausser, Buttah is the former Increase Touch Response and Smoothness 10 patch.

I renamed it to remove confusion with your patch.
    Does it have all of the other settings that I implemented in this update, such as the CPUshare settings?

If not, can we rename my patch "Buttah Extreme"... that would make there a discernible difference to people who dont read the forums.

PS: the latest versions of my patches only have a touch radius of 10px, I removed the 8px entirely.

PPS: while you are at it, can you make the smartphone version of my patch available on 1.4.5 and 2.2.0 devices?

Thanks
    Last edited by rmausser; 10/25/2011 at 12:35 PM.
    No, it does not touch FPS or CPUShare.

My own testing did not seem to indicate any noticeable improvement and I've had some people express a preference for this version.

I just bumped Buttah for phones up to 15px as there are some reports of tap inaccuracy. Also, I've reduced DisplayNumBuffers from 16 to 8. Setting it to 16 causes the Veer to complain bitterly. Keep in mind that the phones have much less available mem than the TP.

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

16.    #176  
    No, it does not touch FPS or CPUShare.

My own testing did not seem to indicate any noticeable improvement and I've had some people express a preference for this version.

I just bumped Buttah for phones up to 15px as there are some reports of tap inaccuracy. Also, I've reduced DisplayNumBuffers from 16 to 8. Setting it to 16 causes the Veer to complain bitterly. Keep in mind that the phones have much less available mem than the TP.
    Ok, well I am going to keep CPUShare and the FPS in mine as I have had SEVERAL people test it out and say there is a night and day difference but I will change the buffers to 8 for the phones.

Can you please change my patches to be named "Buttah Extreme" though? I dont really appreciate you modifying my patch and then completely naming it something different.
    rmausser,

the credit still goes to you. but i dont maintain your version of the patch (which is why i wanted to call it something completely different as there was already much confusion over the whole -10 thing)

See https://twitter.com/#!/warthogkernel...52332417667073

18.    #178  
    rmausser,

the credit still goes to you. but i dont maintain your version of the patch (which is why i wanted to call it something completely different as there was already much confusion over the whole -10 thing)

See https://twitter.com/#!/warthogkernel...52332417667073
    Yeah but your name is all hip and cool, and all the kids are going to download yours instead
    ght likes this.
    To be clear, I'm not saying CPUShare/FPS = bad. I'm saying Buttah works for my usage.

And to reiterate, I maintain (and share) patches that *I* personally use. It may come from others, myself or a combination thereof. I'm happy to share/update whatever but it stems from my personal usage more than anything else.

As always, credit is/should always be properly attributed.

I don't know about it being hip and cool. Oil, I know will hate it. I mostly called it that just to annoy him

I can include a big giant disclaimer in the description to say to download yours if it makes you feel better.

I'm not in this for the money/credit. That said, I do need/want a SSD [that's a hint to you freeloading peeps to hit the donate link (for things other than this patch) j/k ]

Really, don't donate unless you really want to. Donate to rmausser if you like the Increase Touch Response and Smoothness patch.
    Last edited by codecrumb; 10/25/2011 at 01:27 PM.